December 19, 2014, 03:30:39 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D in October? [CR1]  (Read 28548 times)

tomscott

• 5D Mark III
  • Graphic Designer & Photographer
    • View Profile
    • Tom Scott | Photography
Re: Canon EOS 6D in October? [CR1]
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 10:56:42 AM »
Something similar to the 5D MKII with better AF would be more than enough for most just a slight upgrade would make the camera much more useful!

The 1DX 18mp sensor (keeps the MP lower than the 5D MKIII, 7D body and sealing, 7D 19af autofocus system so not to compete with the 5D MKIII and 4.5fps to be useful but not compete with the 5D MKIII think that would be a great start point.

Possibly a touch screen? Similar to the 650D that you can turn on and off to suit both types of people. Must be high res too. Similar video to 5D MKIII.

The 1DX sensor and 51k native ISO (without extensions) plus "7D body and sealing, 7D 19af autofocus system".  How about that at 2k USD?

Ye thats fair, I think no more than £1800 or $2000 Although I have a feeling It will be a lot more in the UK.
5D MKIII 40D 17-55mm F2.8 IS 16-35mm F2.8 II L 24-70mm F2.8 L 24-105mm F4 IS L 100mm F2.8 IS L 70-200mm F2.8 IS II L 70-300mm F4-5.6 IS L 50mm F1.8 2x Ex 580EX

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 10:56:42 AM »

hmmm

I doubt they would miss Photokina
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 10:57:50 AM »
If Canon has the product ready to announce, it does not make sense that they would skip Photokina with it.   The Nikon D600 will be out there; it would make sense for Canon to be able to talk about their lower-priced FF as well --- unless the Nikon D600 will smoke the Canon 6D so completely that Canon wants to avoid putting a spotlight on it.

I think the D600 will be better spec'd, but the 6D (or whatever it will be called) should be a good camera as well.  It just doesn't make sense for Canon to take a walk on Photokina as far as this new model is concerned, even allowing for the declining importance of trade shows in the age of the internet.

Two thoughts: maybe the real situation is that the announcement will be at or near Photokina, but the rumor source meant to say that availability will be in October -- that Canon is ready to put this camera in the pipeline quickly.   (That should give it a big advantage over the D600 -- good luck getting one before mid-2013!)

or...  There is something even bigger to announce that Canon wants to have the full spotlight!    A new 70D with new sensor technology, perhaps?  :) 

mitch.o

Re: I doubt they would miss Photokina
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »
If Canon has the product ready to announce, it does not make sense that they would skip Photokina with it.   The Nikon D600 will be out there; it would make sense for Canon to be able to talk about their lower-priced FF as well --- unless the Nikon D600 will smoke the Canon 6D so completely that Canon wants to avoid putting a spotlight on it.

I think the D600 will be better spec'd, but the 6D (or whatever it will be called) should be a good camera as well.  It just doesn't make sense for Canon to take a walk on Photokina as far as this new model is concerned, even allowing for the declining importance of trade shows in the age of the internet.

Two thoughts: maybe the real situation is that the announcement will be at or near Photokina, but the rumor source meant to say that availability will be in October -- that Canon is ready to put this camera in the pipeline quickly.   (That should give it a big advantage over the D600 -- good luck getting one before mid-2013!)

or...  There is something even bigger to announce that Canon wants to have the full spotlight!    A new 70D with new sensor technology, perhaps?  :)

though canon doesn't always put things "in the pipeline" quickly. Look at the new mirror-less M camera. It won't be out until October. This being said I hope the new "6D" DOES come out in October like this rumor stated...

c.d.embrey

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 11:29:54 AM »
The POS 60D stopped me from buying addional Canon cameras/lenses :(  I'm impressed with the ergonomics of my Nikon body, and the IQ of Nikon lenses :)

I'm interested in seeing how the Canon 6D and Nikon D600 compare. I have a feeling that I'll be adding a D600 and the 135mm f/2.0D DC to my inventory.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 11:36:18 AM »
The POS 60D stopped me from buying addional Canon cameras/lenses :(  I'm impressed with the ergonomics of my Nikon body, and the IQ of Nikon lenses :)

I'm interested in seeing how the Canon 6D and Nikon D600 compare. I have a feeling that I'll be adding a D600 and the 135mm f/2.0D DC to my inventory.

Mine burst into flames after it came out of the box.   :o
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 11:39:08 AM »

though canon doesn't always put things "in the pipeline" quickly. Look at the new mirror-less M camera. It won't be out until October. This being said I hope the new "6D" DOES come out in October like this rumor stated...

With Canon's recent delivery reliability, we'll be lucky to see it before Christmas if it has an October announcement.

Actually, that's my bet for the October timeline: if Canon announce at Photokina, then people will expect it before Christmas and will get upset if they can't have it and will likely defect to Nikon for the holiday season buying.

By announcing in October (my bet will be on mid to late October), it'll be fresh enough in people's mind that as the holiday buying season starts a few weeks later, people will wait for the 6D rather than give up on Canon and go with the D800.

Thus Canon can't deliver it before the end of the year but if they don't announce something, then people will jump ship in the leadup to Christmas.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:42:30 AM by dilbert »

briansquibb

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 11:44:13 AM »
Something similar to the 5D MKII with better AF would be more than enough for most just a slight upgrade would make the camera much more useful!

The 1DX 18mp sensor (keeps the MP lower than the 5D MKIII, 7D body and sealing, 7D 19af autofocus system so not to compete with the 5D MKIII and 4.5fps to be useful but not compete with the 5D MKIII think that would be a great start point.

Possibly a touch screen? Similar to the 650D that you can turn on and off to suit both types of people. Must be high res too. Similar video to 5D MKIII.

The 1DX sensor and 51k native ISO (without extensions) plus "7D body and sealing, 7D 19af autofocus system".  How about that at 2k USD?

Must have better focusing than the 7D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 11:44:13 AM »

KyleSTL

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 12:09:54 PM »
Seems it would be difficult to squeeze a FF sensor and pentaprism into a smaller body anyway.
The 35mm Canon EOS Rebel T2 was:
130 x 90 x 64mm
The 1100D (T3) is:
130 x 100 x 65mm

I see no reason Canon couldn't fit a FF sensor into a 60D body (145 x 106 x 79mm).

Heck, the APS-C 7D:
148 x 111 x 74mm
is larger the the Elan 7N:
147 x 103 x 69mm
Canon EOS 5D | Tamron 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 | 24-105mm f/4L IS USM | 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | 70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM
15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 28mm f/1.8 USM | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 85mm f/1.8 USM | 3x 420EX | ST-E2 | Canon S90 | SD600 w/ WP-DC4

XanuFoto

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 12:27:47 PM »
Does anyone know if the D800 is outselling the 5D MK III. Because I do not find any reports suggesting that.

pakosouthpark

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 12:34:04 PM »
october only?????????????

come on make it sept!! because im not gonna buy on their first month.. there are always problems with the 1st batch of cameras now..!

c.d.embrey

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 12:38:49 PM »

Heck, the APS-C 7D:
148 x 111 x 74mm
is larger the the Elan 7N:
147 x 103 x 69mm

For those that don't know, the Canon Elan 7n was a FullFrameFilm camera. And had to fit a 35mm film cassette inside the body at one end and a film take-up reel at the other :) I own one, great camera :)

pakosouthpark

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 12:39:39 PM »

With Canon's recent delivery reliability, we'll be lucky to see it before Christmas if it has an October announcement.

Actually, that's my bet for the October timeline: if Canon announce at Photokina, then people will expect it before Christmas and will get upset if they can't have it and will likely defect to Nikon for the holiday season buying.

By announcing in October (my bet will be on mid to late October), it'll be fresh enough in people's mind that as the holiday buying season starts a few weeks later, people will wait for the 6D rather than give up on Canon and go with the D800.

Thus Canon can't deliver it before the end of the year but if they don't announce something, then people will jump ship in the leadup to Christmas.

forget christmas.. this camera the sooner it comes out canon will gain from that! just needs to be top notch! christmas it will be for when the camera will have a lower price!

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 12:43:32 PM »
Keith at NL has had predictions of a 6D for a while now.  The 6D sounds reasonable, a FF body that sits between 7D and 5D MK III.  Canon needs to stop producing the old 21mp sensors and standardize on the new and much improved 22mp sensor which already has been optomized for the DigicV processor.
I'd expect to see fewer bells and whistles, lower top ISO, fewer AF points and simpler AF without the separate Digic IV to run it.  For many, it will be a huge step up, and much more affordable.
I even expect a touch screen, given the market these are aimed at.  Hybrid AF like the T4i would be nice, but if it requires a different sensor, its not going to happen..

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 12:43:32 PM »

unfocused

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 01:09:33 PM »
Keith at NL has had predictions of a 6D for a while now.  The 6D sounds reasonable, a FF body that sits between 7D and 5D MK III.  Canon needs to stop producing the old 21mp sensors and standardize on the new and much improved 22mp sensor which already has been optomized for the DigicV processor.
I'd expect to see fewer bells and whistles, lower top ISO, fewer AF points and simpler AF without the separate Digic IV to run it.  For many, it will be a huge step up, and much more affordable.
I even expect a touch screen, given the market these are aimed at.  Hybrid AF like the T4i would be nice, but if it requires a different sensor, its not going to happen..

All sounds reasonable. I see the 6D and 70D as essentially the same camera with different size sensors;  and the 7DII and 5DIII also similarly spec'd with different size sensors (sorry, no more APS-H). Saves development and possibly production costs, while giving consumers the maximum choice.

Only thing missing is the 5D HD (apprx 46 mp) which would be the same as the 5DIII but with a high-density sensor. Same price point as the 5DIII, and essentially the same camera, except with slower frame rate and lower maximum ISO.

We make the mistake of looking for a one-camera solution to our needs. Canon wants to sell us all at least two bodies.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

RC

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »
We make the mistake of looking for a one-camera solution to our needs. Canon wants to sell us all at least two bodies.

Now that's hitting the nail on the head.  Got my 7D, waiting to see which way to go for FF. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »