July 22, 2014, 07:46:02 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D in October? [CR1]  (Read 26324 times)

freeflyboy64

Re: Canon EOS 6D in October? [CR1]
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2012, 09:41:34 AM »
These comments are ridiculous. It appears everyone wants/expect Canon to produce a camera that is equal to or better than the 5D Mark III but for half the price.

You may be right and... not completely.
Fore sure a 6D will not be a 5D MkIII, that's normal for half the price.
That's why I wish a "top-of-the-line" DX body as a replacement of the 7D. Yes, it will be cheaper that the 5DIII, and i accept it will not have the same IQ, same AF may be, but it should be better on others points.
Same thing for the 6D, cheaper so not so good, normal...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2012, 09:41:34 AM »

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »
These comments are ridiculous. It appears everyone wants/expect Canon to produce a camera that is equal to or better than the 5D Mark III but for half the price.

Couldn't care less about the number of autofocus points.
One that works with 100% accuracy, 100% of the time is fine by me.
6fps? Couldn't care less. 2fps and I'm happy.
Video? Huh? Well, whatever.
Weatherproof? If the camera is more weatherproof than I am then there's little point to it. Meaning I'm probably going to "call it a day" before the camera does, so care factor = 0.

All that I care about is the ability of the sensor to capture light and do so with the least amount of noise possible and with the highest accuracy possible. Oh and a top panel LCD :)

mjbehnke

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2012, 10:28:27 AM »

Couldn't care less about the number of autofocus points.
One that works with 100% accuracy, 100% of the time is fine by me.
6fps? Couldn't care less. 2fps and I'm happy.
Video? Huh? Well, whatever.
Weatherproof? If the camera is more weatherproof than I am then there's little point to it. Meaning I'm probably going to "call it a day" before the camera does, so care factor = 0.

All that I care about is the ability of the sensor to capture light and do so with the least amount of noise possible and with the highest accuracy possible. Oh and a top panel LCD :)

+100    If it focuses accurate and takes photos, I'm good. I don't shoot video, so they could cut that out all together and make a nice functioning photo camera.
Gripped Canon 60D \ EF-S 15-85 F3.5-5.6 IS USM \ EF 70-200 F4L IS USM \ 430ex II Speedlite \ Love for photography.

kennephoto

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
Why not copy the 5d2 but add better AF and if they make it photo camera and drop video then it better be sub 2k dollar camera.
Canon 5d Mark II Canon 1D classic EOSM 20-35 2.8L 50 1.2L 135 2.0L 80-200 2.8L 40 Pancake and a bunch of old film cameras

M.ST

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2012, 10:55:55 AM »
I am not interested in a entry level FF camera.

Want something additional between the 5D Mark III and the 1D X. Perfect for me is a FF in a 5D Mark III body with a few more megapixels (24 or 24), better image quality in the range ISO 50 to ISO 3200, AF like the 1D X and two of the the 5D Mark III processors (8 pictures per second in RAW/JPG and more pictures in continues shooting).

drmikeinpdx

• Canon 70D
  • Celebrating 20 years of naughty photography!
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Boudoir Photo
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2012, 11:07:08 AM »
Anyone who is concerned about autofocus performance should read this article by Roger Cicala:

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/08/autofocus-reality-part-3b-canon-cameras

It tells us why the autofocus performance of the 5D III and the 1DX are so superior to previous models.   It's not just more cross-type sensors.  Briefly, Canon has finally gone to a true closed loop system.  Previous autofocus systems are now obsolete for serious work, in my opinion, and it's about time!  I am so sick of messing around with inaccurate and unpredictable autofocus.  Having to send lenses and bodies in for focus calibration all the time is ridiculous.

Who knows which system the rumored 6D will get?  I know I will wait to find out before I make my next FF purchase.  I don't need many of the features the 5D III offers, but I must have that autofocus system!  LOL
Current bodies:  5D3, 7D, 550D, S100
Favorite lenses: 135 f/2.0 L, 85 f/1.8 200 f/2.8 L, 50 f1.4 Sigma, 40mm pancake, 24-105 L.
blog:   http://www.BeyondBoudoirPhoto.com

tbisu

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »
+1.  Thanks for the link - very interesting read.

We've had a terrible time getting consistently sharp, focused images with our 7D. Just got it back from the service center today and hoping the issues are resolved.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »

c.d.embrey

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »

I did see that on ZITE an ipad magazine that it had an article about Q1 profits for Nikon being either 5% or 5 million lower than what they had hoped for.  It didn't have a break down per model but something isn't selling how they had hoped.

Nikon sales are meeting their predictions. The lose comes from the value of the US Dollar and Euro going down vs the Japanese Yen.

drmikeinpdx

• Canon 70D
  • Celebrating 20 years of naughty photography!
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Boudoir Photo
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »

We've had a terrible time getting consistently sharp, focused images with our 7D. Just got it back from the service center today and hoping the issues are resolved.

I feel your pain, tbisu!  It took me a year to get my 7D to work with a zoom lens.  Not only was the camera way out of calibration, but the lens was too.  In fact, the lens had to go in three times to Canon service before they figured out that it had a loose zoom assembly.  It was the EFS 15-55 F2.8.  A nice lens when it works. 
Current bodies:  5D3, 7D, 550D, S100
Favorite lenses: 135 f/2.0 L, 85 f/1.8 200 f/2.8 L, 50 f1.4 Sigma, 40mm pancake, 24-105 L.
blog:   http://www.BeyondBoudoirPhoto.com

KyleSTL

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2012, 02:07:39 PM »

I did see that on ZITE an ipad magazine that it had an article about Q1 profits for Nikon being either 5% or 5 million lower than what they had hoped for.  It didn't have a break down per model but something isn't selling how they had hoped.

Nikon sales are meeting their predictions. The lose comes from the value of the US Dollar and Euro going down vs the Japanese Yen.

Then how is Canon doing so well (financially), as both companies are based in Japan?

Nikon Q1 financial results: net profit fell by almost 50%
http://nikonrumors.com/2012/08/08/nikon-q1-financial-results-net-profit-fell-by-almost-50.aspx/

A 50% loss is huge, and I believe cannot be attributed to currency exchange rates alone.
Canon EOS 5D | Tamron 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 | 24-105mm f/4L IS USM | 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | 70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM
15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 28mm f/1.8 USM | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 85mm f/1.8 USM | 3x 420EX | ST-E2 | Canon S90 | SD600 w/ WP-DC4

pedro

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2012, 02:11:55 PM »
Anyone who is concerned about autofocus performance should read this article by Roger Cicala:

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/08/autofocus-reality-part-3b-canon-cameras

It tells us why the autofocus performance of the 5D III and the 1DX are so superior to previous models.   It's not just more cross-type sensors.  Briefly, Canon has finally gone to a true closed loop system.  Previous autofocus systems are now obsolete for serious work, in my opinion, and it's about time!  I am so sick of messing around with inaccurate and unpredictable autofocus.  Having to send lenses and bodies in for focus calibration all the time is ridiculous.

Who knows which system the rumored 6D will get?  I know I will wait to find out before I make my next FF purchase.  I don't need many of the features the 5D III offers, but I must have that autofocus system!  LOL

Would be nice to add 5Diii AF to it. Doubt it, though. So: 5D3 then...
30D, EF-S 10-22/ 5DIII, 16-35 F/2.8 L USM II, 28 F/2.8, 50 F/1.4, 85 F/1.8, 70-200 F/2.8 classic,
join me at http://www.flickr.com/groups/insane_isos/

c.d.embrey

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2012, 05:14:51 PM »

Then how is Canon doing so well (financially), as both companies are based in Japan?

Nikon Q1 financial results: net profit fell by almost 50%
http://nikonrumors.com/2012/08/08/nikon-q1-financial-results-net-profit-fell-by-almost-50.aspx/

A 50% loss is huge, and I believe cannot be attributed to currency exchange rates alone.

Please go back and re-read the Nikon Rumors post. 
Sales increased 5.6% to 259.43 billion yen

Nikon had a Sales Increase of 5.6%!!!

RGomezPhotos

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • Ricardo Gomez Photography
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2012, 05:56:16 PM »
"I agree; there's so many GOOD cameras out there that, as long as you're trying, you can take great pictures."

It is true.  I so want this rumor to be true today, but I will patiently wait and improve my skills.  I will go home this evening and have a tough conversation with my 50D, explain she must carry on for a few more months. :)  Of course the toughest conversation is still to come.  When I purchase my next Canon body, my 50 D is going to have to break up with its 24-105 F4L

I just received my new 5D Mark II a few days ago.  I have my first DSLR which is also a 50D which I absolutely love.  You can get TONS of great work with the 50D.  But using Zeiss lenses, I always had to post-sharpen my images.  Now with the 5D, nope.  They come out perfectly sharp right out of the camera.  The image quality is definitely a step above the 50D.  ISO performance, even though it's only 1-stop better than the 50D, is better at all levels too.

I think Canon made a HUGE mistake in not making the 5D Mark III not have a user-replaceable view screen.  LOTS of people shoot manually with different lenses.  The 5D Mark III would've been perfect for me if it wasn't for that.  I saw someone using one at a fashion show I was at...  It was fairly dark and he wasn't using a flash...  ISO performance is freaky-good on that thing!  Too bad he had it in 'P' mode... Poser  :-P
EOS 5D MKII & 50D, Zeiss 50mm f1.4
www.ricardogomezphotography.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2012, 05:56:16 PM »

Menace

• 1D X
  • New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »
Why not copy the 5d2 but add better AF and if they make it photo camera and drop video then it better be sub 2k dollar camera.

It's unlikely Canon will drop video from any of the dslr bodies - it may appear to be a step backwards to many consumers.

1Dx | 5D III
85 1.2L II | 100 2.8 | 400 2.8L IS II 
24-70 2.8L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II

x-vision

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »
Sorry to break it to you, guys, but the 6D rumor is just wishful thinking  :P.

Canon has both the high and low ends covered with new models: new 1DX, new 5DIII, new Rebel, new EOS-M system.
Together with a discounted 5DII, a discounted 7D, and a discounted 60D, they are all set for the holiday shopping season this year.

The 70D will be the next camera from Canon - likely in Jan/Feb next year.

An entry level FF camera from Canon is at least a year away.
That is, if Canon is even planning such a camera in the first place.

Look at what Nikon has done in preparation for the D600 launch:
They've launched multiple cheap FF primes and a cheap FF normal zoom.

And in Canon-land, it's been one expensive L lens after another ... for the past 9 years.
Except for the 40mm pancake, of course. 

So, based on the recent lens releases, guess which company is planning an entry level FF camera ... and which one is not 8).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:12:40 PM by x-vision »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »