September 16, 2014, 03:36:01 AM

Author Topic: Canon 1D X Movies and Sound  (Read 4404 times)

AG

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Canon 1D X Movies and Sound
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 11:30:58 PM »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:33:08 PM by AG »
Yes, i shoot video on a DSLR.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 11:30:58 PM »

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 01:53:10 AM »
I specifically said, "if you're trying to shoot video primarily ," but you obviously want it more for the stills side.  It's an awesome still camera I get that, but the headphone jack seemed like a big deal to you so I thought maybe you were in the market for a video camera.  Sorry.

No need to apologise, I appreciate all the feedback I can get.

I agree fully with you and think it would be silly to get a 1D X primarily for video as for that price you could get around 4 Sony HDR-CX760V, or 3 Canon XA 10s, or 2 XF 105s or 1 XF 300 or a different full pro video cam with all the bells and whistles.

I do think it is wrong for Canon to add the headphone jack to the 5D Mark III and not to their flagship 1D X.
The DivRev review posted in one of the other (Bodies section) said the two video sides of the cameras are almost identical. So anyone that was thinking of getting the 1DX but also wanted to use it for video would have to make a compromise (small issue for some, but larger for others) of the lack of headphone jack.

Of course one can go external, but that adds cost and other issues to the package.

I actually thought it was a mistake by the reviewer when I read about it but it seems not.

If you are lucky enough to
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

circuito

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 04:00:47 AM »
I have a 5d mk2 and 1DX.
The 1DX in much sharper the my 5D, also as more DR e virtually no jello.
Comparing the 1DX with 5D3 is like compare a 720p with a 1080p Videos
The sensor of the 1DX is totally different from the 5D3, it is made  for the cinema model, and is the only ones that can read all the 18m pixel for every frame (necessary for the 4k on 1DC).
I don’t know if the 1DC has only a different firmware, but for sure, the sensor (and relative hardware)  is the same…

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 12:16:47 PM »
Im also looking at buying a 1DX for video, from what i have been reading the image is sharper than the 5D3 and less moire and Aliasing than a lot of the new Sony cameras too.

I dont care about headphone jacks as i use an external "R word" :p

The real question i have currently is what is the real difference between the 1DX and 1DC?

It seems like a $3000 4K video firmware upgrade.

I wonder if in the not too distant future the Magic Lantern team or someone similar could hack the firmware to allow 1DC firmware to load onto 1DX?

Now THAT would be worth the upgrade in anyones books.

I saw the image from the 1DC, it's amazing.  Not sure what the internal differences are, but it has everything the 1DX does and then some.  And it's more like a $5000 upgrade for $4k.  Actually the original MSRP was supposed to be $15k but I heard it will be debuting closer to $12k.

I've heard that Canon suggested it's higher price was due to "different engineering" from the 1DX.  Yeah I guess putting that little red "C" on it must have cost a fortune  ::)
It has a special sensor and 12 stops.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 12:16:47 PM »