July 22, 2014, 03:53:51 PM

Author Topic: Usain Bolt wins the 200 meters and shoots with a 1DX and 24-70 -Winner!!!  (Read 11405 times)

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
it was a nikon d4 clearly the guy should stick to running lol was amazing to watch though the guy is just legend.

canon rumors FORUM

charlesa

• Canon 70D
  • I shoot with my eye!
    • View Profile
    • 15 stops to Heaven
Not the composition skills of a master now, are they?

ruuneos

I assuem you are referring to these: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/os2012/article15239832.ab
Some are clearly marked "Usain Bolt" as photographer :)

Maybe it's me, but that looks like a Nikon (D4?) with a 14-24 in his hands...
+1, D4 with 14-28mm F2.8G ED

Ricku

• 6D
    • View Profile
Yeah!!! Look at that 1DX! Wohoo  :P

Kumakun

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
See, you carry the D4 as a prop to hand to the athelete, and hold on to the 1DX to take photos of him.  Both cameras are useful tools; the Nikon looks nice having its picture taken, while the Canon takes the nice picture! :-)

bkorcel

Cool!  Than I will still be able to get my 1DX at a "reasonable" price then!  LOL

I smell a big endorsement coming!  Expect canon prices to go up to pay for it.

Didn't they say NIKON?! LOL! Look at the pictures! ::) :P ;D

lecoupdejarnac

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Don't jump on the bandwagon and pretend you know what NBC's coverage is like in the US

Please, by all means, jump on this bandwagon!  The coverage is horrible and should rightfully be called out for what it is.

And I concur, looks like 14-24 to me...

canon rumors FORUM

iaind

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Trust Usain Bolt to go over to the dark side ;) ;) ;)
5DIII + BGE11 / 5DII + BGE6 / 40D + BGE2N /8-15 4L / 17-35 2.8L / 24 3.5L TS-E /24-70 2.8II L / 24-105 4L IS /Zuiko 50 1.4/ 100 2.8L Macro IS / 70-200 2.8L / 300 4L / 100-400L

KyleSTL

• 7D
    • View Profile
Don't jump on the bandwagon and pretend you know what NBC's coverage is like in the US

Please, by all means, jump on this bandwagon!  The coverage is horrible and should rightfully be called out for what it is.

And I concur, looks like 14-24 to me...

The coverage has been terrible, but should not be characterized by people outside the US who just read articles about it.  To say that the 200m final was not covered in the US is just ignorant (meant in the literal sense of the word - do not know).
Canon EOS 5D | Tamron 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 | 24-105mm f/4L IS USM | 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | 70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM
15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 28mm f/1.8 USM | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 85mm f/1.8 USM | 3x 420EX | ST-E2 | Canon S90 | SD600 w/ WP-DC4

Wrathwilde

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Anarchy Photography
He obviously had to settle for a Nikon camera, no 1D X owner is going to chance having to run down Bolt to get their camera back. Although if he had snagged a 1D X... The photographer chasing him would have given Bolt the closest race of his life.

Caps18

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
The coverage has been just fine.  The time delay is messing them up since the 200m race was on at 10pm EST which was probably 7-12 hours after he actually ran it.

And it helps if you have MSNBC, CNBC, NBCSN, and regular NBC they are showing almost everything.

Were you able to take your DSLR into the event?
5D mark 2, 16-35mm f/2.8, 17mm TS-E f/4, 85mm f/1.8, 300mm f/4 + 1.4x, 580 EX Flash

poias

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Canon should run an ad campaign to tout how the best use Canon! If Bolt uses Canon, you can bet a lot of impressionable folks will be lining up to buy 5DM3 and 1DX! Boy, I can't want to be a fly on the wall in one of the Canon marketing conference rooms.

Tayvin

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • Tayvin Knight Photo
Canon should run an ad campaign to tout how the best use Canon! If Bolt uses Canon, you can bet a lot of impressionable folks will be lining up to buy 5DM3 and 1DX! Boy, I can't want to be a fly on the wall in one of the Canon marketing conference rooms.

I think you mean Nikon because that's what he's holding.

canon rumors FORUM

DanielW

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
He obviously had to settle for a Nikon camera, no 1D X owner is going to chance having to run down Bolt to get their camera back. Although if he had snagged a 1D X... The photographer chasing him would have given Bolt the closest race of his life.

LOL :)

CatfishSoupFTW

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
the pictures were quite amusing. one photographer just stood there with a smile and forgot to shoot (D: ) curious if he just smashed it in automatic mode, or the settings just happened to be right.

but it was a nikon... unfortunately :P
5DmrkII, 40D, 24-105 F4L, 50mm 1.8, 17-85, 70-300

canon rumors FORUM