July 26, 2014, 11:58:19 AM

Author Topic: Some Pictures with the 1D X  (Read 6467 times)

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Some Pictures with the 1D X
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »
Was that giant fire perhaps a giant 7D on fire?   ;D
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »

te4o

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 08:21:19 AM »
Hut ab, Junge, meisterhaft! Bravo, you deserve this camera by all means!
The cows jump over the screen, the girl under the umbrella, good catch, 12800 is good as well and of course the baker street drama! Fun watching!
5D3 (04/12), Carl Zeiss ZE 21, 35/1.4, 50MP, 100MP
Canon 135/2, Sigma 85/1.4
SONY RX100

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 09:56:32 AM »
So, got my 1d X in the mail today. And first off, is it worth it over the 5d3? My respons is; LOL!

Second, is it REALLY so that the ONLY button I can assign ISO to, except the one that has ISO written on it is the SET-button?

The reason why I ask is because, man, they placed the ISO-button way to far out on the right, it should have been the EC-button instead! And it's also to small. Why did they do it that way. I almost have to loose the whole grip to adjust ISO... The only bummer so far, the 1d X is frikkin' fantastic! Maaan I missed the 1-series much more than I could remember!
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

bdunbar79

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 10:19:11 AM »
So, got my 1d X in the mail today. And first off, is it worth it over the 5d3? My respons is; LOL!

Second, is it REALLY so that the ONLY button I can assign ISO to, except the one that has ISO written on it is the SET-button?

The reason why I ask is because, man, they placed the ISO-button way to far out on the right, it should have been the EC-button instead! And it's also to small. Why did they do it that way. I almost have to loose the whole grip to adjust ISO... The only bummer so far, the 1d X is frikkin' fantastic! Maaan I missed the 1-series much more than I could remember!

I think it depends on what your shooting.  The option of AF point linked spot metering is good enough for me.  Also for action, if you want the shutter to not go below anything 1/500 or faster is great.  For sports I use this feature.  I've used it on the 1D Mark IV.  You turn on ISO Safety Shift, then set your minimum shutter speed to 1/500.  This way you can turn on auto ISO and STILL shoot with EC.  It is an awesome feature.  The camera is sort of a mesh between the 5D Mark III and 1D Mark IV.  You can also do Multi Expsoure and 12fps just by holding down the shutter button in AI Servo Mode.  Not to mention the ultra-detail in shots that the 1D Mark IV can't do.  I also checked out the multi-point spot metering feature if you don't like Multi Exposure or HDR.  It's a bit different but you can average metering areas into one photo. 

There are features that if you need them, probably does make the camera worth a lot more than the 5D Mark III.  I'm not sure double the price, but certainly more than the 1D Mark IV.  If you purchased the 1D X, my advice is that you begin to expand your photography and begin to use all of these features.  Then it will certainly be worth it.  I'd say minus the resolution, it can do everything the 5D Mark III plus.  It can also do everything the 1D Mark IV can do, plus.

Where can you try these features?  Anywhere.  A good example is landscape photography on a cloudy day.  Even better, sports or action.  Put yourself in situations where you need the advanced features and learn to use them and only then can you really realize what a powerful tool it is.  Good luck.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 11:23:03 AM »

I think it depends on what your shooting.  The option of AF point linked spot metering is good enough for me.  Also for action, if you want the shutter to not go below anything 1/500 or faster is great.  For sports I use this feature.  I've used it on the 1D Mark IV.  You turn on ISO Safety Shift, then set your minimum shutter speed to 1/500.  This way you can turn on auto ISO and STILL shoot with EC.  It is an awesome feature.  The camera is sort of a mesh between the 5D Mark III and 1D Mark IV.  You can also do Multi Expsoure and 12fps just by holding down the shutter button in AI Servo Mode.  Not to mention the ultra-detail in shots that the 1D Mark IV can't do.  I also checked out the multi-point spot metering feature if you don't like Multi Exposure or HDR.  It's a bit different but you can average metering areas into one photo. 

There are features that if you need them, probably does make the camera worth a lot more than the 5D Mark III.  I'm not sure double the price, but certainly more than the 1D Mark IV.  If you purchased the 1D X, my advice is that you begin to expand your photography and begin to use all of these features.  Then it will certainly be worth it.  I'd say minus the resolution, it can do everything the 5D Mark III plus.  It can also do everything the 1D Mark IV can do, plus.

Where can you try these features?  Anywhere.  A good example is landscape photography on a cloudy day.  Even better, sports or action.  Put yourself in situations where you need the advanced features and learn to use them and only then can you really realize what a powerful tool it is.  Good luck.

Well, to me it's CERTAINLY worth it. I used to use pretty much all the features and adjust everything always with my previous 1d's, and this is no exception!! Best Canon ever made, and it's not even close, period.

I think this will be the last camera I buy, until it simply falls apart, which by the feel of it, will take a few weeks  ;D

And I'm glad I saved both a couple of batteries and the power supply from the 1d3 and 1d4.

If only Reikan will support AFMA soon, I will be very happy!

smi

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »
You can use Reikan in Manual mode for 1D X.. Very easy...
1D X, 24L II, 50L , 85L II, 16-35L II, 24-70L II, 70-200 2.8L II IS, 8-14 4L, TS-E 17 f/4L, EXT 1.4x III, EXT 2x II, 2 x 600 EX-RT, ST-E3-RT

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 12:07:26 PM »
You can use Reikan in Manual mode for 1D X.. Very easy...

Really? How? When I connect it, it mists says, unsupported, and won't do anything...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 12:07:26 PM »

nikkito

• 7D
  • Argentine freelance photographer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 02:48:28 PM »
Nice, crisp how much post processing did you do in lightroom. What lenses did you use? Could you have taken these just as easily with the 5Dmk3 presuming that you have used the mk3?

Hey Wilmark. Thank you! My postprocess in LR is normally adjusting WB, highlights, shadows, blacks, whites and adding some vignette.

I have used 16-35 L, 70-200 2.8 I L.

I'm guessing with the 5d Mk III could have also been possible. Maybe those pics with the horses could have been more difficult, but saince i havent tried that camera i cannot say for sure. Anyways, all of this pics can be taken with any other Canon camera, is the process, when making the pictures where the 1d X makes the difference.

The Baker Street station shot is stunning indeed, best of the lot - but the NAZ_2259 forest shot is inspiring. Thank you :)

I thank you for your comment :D
That shot from london was taken with my old friend the 5D Mk II :D
The one in the forest is also one photo i like much, the double exposure thing is pretty cool and something i loved from film.

I dont often appreciate black and white ( too many people think B+W is wonderful, no matter the content)  but that baker street shot is fantastic. Great eye!

I agree with you. It seems today that whatever crappy picture you take, if it's  in black and white, it's immediately converted into a masterpiece. haha

i normally don't shoot black and white, but i thought it was appropriate for this picture. Thanks a lot Ryan!

Was that giant fire perhaps a giant 7D on fire?   ;D

Kai from DR was here making his hardcore test. hahah

Hut ab, Junge, meisterhaft! Bravo, you deserve this camera by all means!
The cows jump over the screen, the girl under the umbrella, good catch, 12800 is good as well and of course the baker street drama! Fun watching!

Lieber te4o, vielen herzlichen dank!!!
I love the camera :D thank you very much for your comment. I'm glad you liked the pictures :D

Thank you all :D
www.nicolaszonvi.com - www.facebook.com/zonviphoto

1D X, 5D Mk III, 5D Mk II, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS, 85 f1.2, 40 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Sigma 10-20 and many other toy cameras.

Tcapp

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Timothy Capp Photography
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 11:20:41 PM »
I love this camera! even if all the pictures you see here could be taken with a rebel, this camera makes it thousand times easier.

Cheers!!

Nico

Your color and contrast is... perfect.
5DIII, 5DII, 7D, 50 1.4, 85 1.4, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 70-200 2.8 IS L II, 2x TC III, 15 Fisheye 2.8, 100 Macro 2.8, 24 1.4 L
http://www.TimothyCapp.com
Follow me on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Timothy-Capp-Photography/94664798952

nikkito

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 08:05:15 AM »
I love this camera! even if all the pictures you see here could be taken with a rebel, this camera makes it thousand times easier.

Cheers!!

Nico

Your color and contrast is... perfect.

Thank you very much Timothy!!!  :D

1D X, 5D Mk III, 5D Mk II, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS, 85 f1.2, 40 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Sigma 10-20 and many other toy cameras.

AdamJ

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 08:37:49 AM »
more servo tests

Punishing servo test!  ;D

Seriously though, nice shots.

nikkito

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 08:41:03 AM »
more servo tests

Punishing servo test!  ;D

Seriously though, nice shots.

hahah i thought that when i uploaded this pics. that was the most difficult shot of them all. hahaaaahahahaaaaaaaa
thank you very much, you made me laugh ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 08:41:03 AM »