Rumors > PowerShot Cameras

Canon PowerShot Pro1X [CR1]

(1/8) > >>

Canon Rumors:
APS-C Compact Camera?
We received a small comment that Canon will finally resurrect the “Pro” moniker for a PowerShot camera soon. The Canon PowerShot Pro1 was a very popular enthusiast compact camera that was launched in 2004. The camera will apparently be called the Canon PowerShot Pro1X and will have the same 18mp sensor as the Canon EOS Rebel T4i/650D and EOS-M. New source, grain of salt on this one. cr

DzPhotography:
I like the idea...

Woody:

--- Quote from: passserby on August 10, 2012, 11:10:53 AM ---It would be weird to have both this camera and the G1X in the lineup at the same time.

--- End quote ---

In 2004, Canon announced the Pro 1 on Feb 9th and the G6 on Aug 19th. It's not impossible for both cameras to co-exist at the same time.

I am not surprised by Canon's move to introduce another APS-C compact camera. In their latest financial report:
http://www.canon.com/ir/results/2012/rslt2012q2e.pdf
they state "As for compact digital cameras, models launched this spring offering high image quality and networking capabilities have supported healthy sales growth."

RLPhoto:
Canon has too many High-end compact systems already. I doubt this one will amount to anything.

paul13walnut5:
I loved the pro1 and sold a few when i worked in the camera shop, would have had one but already had dimage A2, think they would be better with a compact fast L zoom for the eos m...

The pro1 had a tiny sensor compared to the g1x and aps-c.  Would be hard to replicate range quality and size for bigger csmeras.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version