I could see this...
* APS-C or G1X sized sensor
* Pro1-esque or SX40 form factor
* Fixed mount, L-branded zoom
* 24-190/240 f/2.8 - f/5.6 (8x/10x) equivalent range
* 14.3/24 Megapixels, depending on G1X sensor reuse, or intro of new tech
* Extreme dynamic range, possibly achieved through new sensor tech (pixel binning?)
* High ISO sensitivity
* Hybrid AF
* High frame rate (5+ FPS)
* Full HD video
* $1200 MSRP
Where I'm including multiple guesses, Emphasized values are the ones I consider most likely. I suspect Canon is due for some new sensor technology, the only real question is what body they will choose to introduce it. I expect to see some combo of back-illumination, pixel binning, and/or full-spectrum pixels (ala Foveon). The zoom range and aperture are based on physics. The real lens values (if G1X sized sensor) would be about 13-130 for a 10x zoom.