November 22, 2014, 06:48:36 AM

Author Topic: 1D X custom WB question  (Read 1663 times)

Virgil Quick

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
1D X custom WB question
« on: August 13, 2012, 09:44:09 PM »
Once a custom white balance setting has been recorded is there a way to delete it?  I realize it is possible to record a new setting over the old one but I was wondering about clearing the setting all together.

Thanks for the help.

canon rumors FORUM

1D X custom WB question
« on: August 13, 2012, 09:44:09 PM »

Peter Dawson

Re: 1D X custom WB question
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:41:47 AM »
And on a similar note, if you dont mind me latching onto this post, how do you cancel a recorded AF point.  Currently, regardless of AF mode, I have a point blinking at me to remind me that it has been recorded.

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 06:44:15 AM »
I haven't found how to delete it no, maybe you need to wipe the custom settings?

Here's an idea for you Canon:

Make the WB button on the 1d X access the "Sample and register WB" directly. Or even better, have it register WB directly when you push the WB button, that would not be too much to ask and save 50 pushes of a button.

As for the AF registered point, I'm not really sure what you mean, When I choose one pont, push the shutter half way and push the multicontroller it jumps between the registered and the center point, but it never blinks and show if I haven't selected it..
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:45:59 AM by Viggo »
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

Richard Lane

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 08:12:51 AM »
Once a custom white balance setting has been recorded is there a way to delete it? 
I don't see a way to delete the custom WB setting either.  It looks like you could delete the naming of it (if you named it) with Edit, Q button, then trash can, or record over it (like you suggested), or change to a different WB choice.

Richard Lane

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:22:22 AM »
... how do you cancel a recorded AF point.  Currently, regardless of AF mode, I have a point blinking at me to remind me that it has been recorded.

To register the AF point you press the AF Area Selection button together with the ISO button.

To un-register the AF point, you press the AF Area Selection Button together with the exposure compensation button.  That's the button to to the left of the ISO button on the top LCD screen.

Rich

Virgil Quick

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:26:43 AM »
Is there a way to register an AF point, keep it registered and then turn off the visual reminder in the viewfinder?

Peter Dawson

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:28:12 AM »
Richard, you genius.  Not sure how you figured that out, but thanks for replying.
Peter

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:28:12 AM »

Richard Lane

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 11:39:37 AM »
Is there a way to register an AF point, keep it registered and then turn off the visual reminder in the viewfinder?

I don't belive so, unless you register it in 61pt. automatic selection AF mode, Pg. 338 of the manual.  That's why I turned mine off, as it's quite distracting and annoying.

I have been manually moving around the AF points with the multi-controller and then one quick center press of the multi-controller returns me to the center AF point position.

Richard Lane

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 11:47:28 AM »
Richard, you genius.  Not sure how you figured that out, but thanks for replying.
Peter

Thanks Peter!  So..., that makes 2 people that think so, you plus my Mother. :)

Rich

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 11:47:28 AM »