Gear Talk > Third Party Manufacturers

Does Zeiss glass ever go on sale?

(1/8) > >>

JasonATL:
I don't think I've ever paid the "normal" retail price for Canon glass, as it seems like they run rebates or sales a few times per year - and I rarely need to purchase a lens under a deadline.

I'm looking to buy a new Zeiss lens, but haven't seen them go "on sale" (e.g., rebates, etc.), but haven't been watching prices too long. Has anyone ever seen Zeiss glass go on sale?

charlesa:
Not really, but you can find Zeiss glass second-hand. Might I interest you in a 50 mm f/1.4, brand spanking new?  :P

MARKOE PHOTOE:
Maybe when pigs fly but I've never seen Zeiss on sale.  However, you can buy used and I've had good luck with four Zeiss lenses that are like new.  Zeiss, as you probably know, is built like a tank so they retain their value and condition if cared for properly.
If you know what you want, you can seek out sellers from Craigslist or Ebay. I've rented the lenses I thought I might want first from LensRentals or 'that other guy' which helped in my purchasing decisions. 
If you choose to buy new, check Amazon and B&H. I would stay away from Adorama....never a good experience there, horrible.....
If you really miss your autofocus, there is a company that converts your manual Zeiss to AF, but its a bit pricey.
Best of luck. Let us know what you find out there.

Mt Spokane Photography:

--- Quote from: MARKOE PHOTOE on August 14, 2012, 11:19:42 AM ---Maybe when pigs fly but I've never seen Zeiss on sale.  However, you can buy used and I've had good luck with four Zeiss lenses that are like new.  Zeiss, as you probably know, is built like a tank so they retain their value and condition if cared for properly.
If you know what you want, you can seek out sellers from Craigslist or Ebay. I've rented the lenses I thought I might want first from LensRentals or 'that other guy' which helped in my purchasing decisions. 
If you choose to buy new, check Amazon and B&H. I would stay away from Adorama....never a good experience there, horrible.....
I've bought from Adorama many times over the last 30 years, never a problem.  They almost always get the new models out to buyers first. Amazon is really slow to get new DSLR models in stock, and has cancelled my order for one after I was waiting for two months.  I buy a lot from Amazon, but I never pre-order a new DSLR model, its a formula for disappointment.
B&H recently got in trouble with Canon for some unknown reason, and had their initial deliveries of recent models delayed, and their allotments cut.  Supposedly, thats been patched up.

If you really miss your autofocus, there is a company that converts your manual Zeiss to AF, but its a bit pricey.
Can you tell us who does that?  Conrus converts Contax N lenses (which were made by Zeiss) into EF compatible AF lenses, but the Contax N lenses were already autofocus, not manual.

Best of luck. Let us know what you find out there.

--- End quote ---

charlesa:
http://www.maltapark.com/item.asp?ItemID=1672876  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version