I shoot mostly sports but I'm travelling more and want to shoot landscapes, cityscapes, and seascapes on my travels. I think a FF body will enhance that. I have enough $ to do the following after I sell my 50D which is now being serviced by CPS:
1. Buy a 5D3 now and an SX40 as my backup travel camera.
2. Buy a 5D2 and an EOS-M later
3. Buy a 1Ds3 and an SX40
4. Buy a 1Dx in 2 years when I can afford it
5. Wait to see if Canon releases a new FF body and see what happens to the prices.
6. Don't bother with new and get a decent used 1Ds or 5D1 and use the rest of the money to go somewhere else.
I am looking for opinions on the options based on what you think of the gear combination. I chose the APS-C bodies for sports. I shoot 200/f2, 300/f2.8, 400f/4, and 70-200/f2.8IS for sports and for scapes I plan to use 24-70/f2.8, 70-200/f2.8, 100/f2.8IS macro, 50/f1.4. and 8-15/f4 fisheye