Rumors > PowerShot Cameras

UPDATE *FAKE* PowerShot G12 Picture?

(1/4) > >>

Canon Rumors:

Update

The general consensus is that this is fake!
cr

Bob Howland:
I have no idea if it's fake, but the lens is huge and its focal length indicates an APS-C sensor.

neuroanatomist:
I find it odd that it doesn't say Canon on the front of the camera (not counting the text around the lens).  I'm not sure that Canon has ever sold a camera without the logo visible on the front.  Sometimes it's on the pop-up flash, but it doesn't look like that will have a visible front edge here.  But that's a minor point.

The more significant point is the 16.1-80.5mm focal range - assuming they are keeping the same 5x FF equivalent range (28-140mm), did Canon really increase the sensor size from a crop factor of 4.6x to a crop factor of ~1.7x, the same as most of their dSLRs?  I doubt that!  On a G-series scale, the lens as pictured doesn't look capable of delivering an image circle at 16mm f/2.8 that's large enough to cover a 1.7x crop sensor.

pedro:
without knowing too much photoshop technique to me it looks fakish...

kufucius:

--- Quote from: Bob Howland on August 16, 2010, 08:41:31 AM ---I have no idea if it's fake, but the lens is huge and its focal length indicates an APS-C sensor.

--- End quote ---

Wow that'd be super awesome.
I've been holding off not to buy either G10 or G11, if it is indeed APS-C sized sensor, I'll continue to keep my 1D and use this as a carry-around camera and not going for some of the other cool mirror-less "EVIL" cams. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version