October 25, 2014, 06:40:34 AM

Author Topic: A New Rebel for CP+? [CR1]  (Read 6345 times)

Zv

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Zeeography (flickr)
Re: A New Rebel for CP+? [CR1]
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2014, 10:13:06 AM »
I almost bought the Canon Rebel t2i over my 50D. Rebel is nothing to sneeze at. It's a damn fine camera. Any Canon DSLR. I was at Best Buy the other day and playing with their SL1.  I would love one of those little guys!

Oh not at all, the rebels are fine cameras, no ones sneezing at them or anywhere near them it's just the way that they are "upgraded" is very humdrum and not worth getting excited about! We'd rather hear about a 7D replacement than a new rebel. Just more curious about the higher end specs.

I started out with a t2i myself. Gave it to my GF to use when upgraded. Still work flawlessly after years of service. I have nothing but respect for my humble rebel. I learned a lot from it. I actually get annoyed when people under use it or never use anything other than the kit lens. It's so cheap that almost every ones got one. Trouble is they don't all get the most of this amazing machine! Shame really as it can take stunning pics. That's how I feel about the EOS M too. I reckon in the right hands it can do wonders.

Those are really good cameras when in the right hands, indeed. I just feel they are a little too small for my hands. To be honest, I fail to see much advantage in the reduced size of the SL1, since it will not fit in a pocket anyway.
Daniel

Ultimately it was the small size of the rebel that made me want to go for a bigger model. Taking 1000 shots in one day gave me cramp! The first time I held a 7D was like finding a perfect fitting glove! The 5D2 feels good too but man the 7D just begs to be held! And then there's the shutter sound. Rebel is like a cat sneezing. The 7D is a deep satisfying cough!

I'm weird about stuff like that! But hey if you're not comfortable with your gear you won't wanna use it right?
5D II(sold) | 17-40L | 24-105L | 70-200 f4L IS | 135L | SY 14 2.8 | Sigma 50 1.4

EOS M | 11-22 IS STM | 22 STM | FD 50 1.4

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2014, 10:13:06 AM »

NancyP

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2014, 10:21:04 AM »
4 years ago I went for the 60D instead of the Rebel, in part because the Rebel felt a little cramped, whereas the 60D fit just right. Odd, because my film SLRs are tiny. I always thought the Nikon F series was the film camera of my dreams - except it was soooo biiiiiiig, compared to my tiny Mamiya-Sekor. 6D fits just right, as well.

jiphoto

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2014, 05:00:13 PM »
I almost bought the Canon Rebel t2i over my 50D. Rebel is nothing to sneeze at. It's a damn fine camera. Any Canon DSLR. I was at Best Buy the other day and playing with their SL1.  I would love one of those little guys!

Oh not at all, the rebels are fine cameras, no ones sneezing at them or anywhere near them it's just the way that they are "upgraded" is very humdrum and not worth getting excited about! We'd rather hear about a 7D replacement than a new rebel. Just more curious about the higher end specs.

I started out with a t2i myself. Gave it to my GF to use when upgraded. Still work flawlessly after years of service. I have nothing but respect for my humble rebel. I learned a lot from it. I actually get annoyed when people under use it or never use anything other than the kit lens. It's so cheap that almost every ones got one. Trouble is they don't all get the most of this amazing machine! Shame really as it can take stunning pics. That's how I feel about the EOS M too. I reckon in the right hands it can do wonders.

Those are really good cameras when in the right hands, indeed. I just feel they are a little too small for my hands. To be honest, I fail to see much advantage in the reduced size of the SL1, since it will not fit in a pocket anyway.
Daniel

Ultimately it was the small size of the rebel that made me want to go for a bigger model. Taking 1000 shots in one day gave me cramp! The first time I held a 7D was like finding a perfect fitting glove! The 5D2 feels good too but man the 7D just begs to be held! And then there's the shutter sound. Rebel is like a cat sneezing. The 7D is a deep satisfying cough!

I'm weird about stuff like that! But hey if you're not comfortable with your gear you won't wanna use it right?

I agree - when I was looking for my first dSLR, my hands just didn't fit the rebels, otherwise I would've bought a rebel.  The 40D felt so much better ergonomically, and the 7D somehow improved what I thought was practically perfect.  The 7D shutter also sounds much better than the 40D or the 5D2 - both the older cameras sound very clunky.  Now I hate using the 40D in church or events because of the extra noise!
7D, 50 f/1.8 II, 20-35 f/3.5-4.5, 24-105 f/4L, 100-400L, 580EX II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2014, 05:00:13 PM »