October 24, 2014, 02:35:28 PM

Author Topic: 5d Mark III and non available blinking Af spots  (Read 1896 times)

Pompo

5d Mark III and non available blinking Af spots
« on: August 19, 2012, 01:42:45 AM »
In af point expansion, when you use only the cross points, the af points used in the expansion area corresponding to the middle empty columns blink! Im sure you all are aware of that, but why those unavailable couldn't just disappear? Another aggravating feature of this "intelligent viewfinder"

canon rumors FORUM

5d Mark III and non available blinking Af spots
« on: August 19, 2012, 01:42:45 AM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: 5d Mark III and non available blinking Af spots
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 03:57:48 AM »
They show up because they are, in fact, available in AF Expansion mode (i.e., the camera will select them if needed), and they're blinking to remind you that they're not cross-type.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Pompo

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 09:11:47 AM »
how can they be non-cross type if I selected cross type only?

Richard Lane

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 09:26:28 AM »
In af point expansion, when you use only the cross points, the af points used in the expansion area corresponding to the middle empty columns blink! Im sure you all are aware of that, but why those unavailable couldn't just disappear? Another aggravating feature of this "intelligent viewfinder"

Does it only blink when you press the AF Area Selection button, but stay lit when you AF?  I don't think you could stop the AF Area Selection notification because that's showing you all of the other possible AF Area selections.

If you mean that the AF points are all lit up, then in the AF Menu: Look Under (AF5) the 2nd choice "AF point Display during focus" do you have "Selected (constant)" or All "(constant) as your choice.  If I understand you correctly, if you change to Selected (constant) then all the AF points will go away.  If you keep it on All (constant) then all of the AF points will show.

Rich
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:43:54 AM by Richard Lane »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 09:26:28 AM »