August 29, 2014, 04:08:18 AM

Author Topic: Earthshatteringly Disappointed With 7D  (Read 53169 times)

AprilForever

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • AprilForever.com
Re: Earthshatteringly Disappointed With 7D
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2011, 04:52:47 PM »
17 page thread in such a short space of time not relating to a new announcement or release...

Well Done :D

My 7D is an emotional matter! :)
What is truth?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2011, 04:52:47 PM »

Timothy_Bruce

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 27, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
If I can just add my 5 cents worth. There is a place for both the 7D and the 5D (classic and 5DmkII). [How diplomatically started, right]   ;D

I've used full frame and APS-C.  For me, at this stage and my style of photography, the 7D suits me best. I really appreciate the AF improvements (over my 350D).  I'll acknowledge that the 5D's focus is above that of my 350D.

However I even still use my 350D - eg when I really need something light, and I will pack my 18-55mm kit lens, and still achieve great photos.

But for anything sports, moving, macro, etc- my 7D comes out first.  Also, I'm very happy with my 7D for landscapes at ISO100, or ISO200, and for low light photos, I do like the 7D's ability and handling.  With some careful post processing, I can get images I am thankful for.

Definitely for landscape a 5D or 5DmkII with the FF sensor is most suited for most of those general 'scenic' applications. Though - as I wrote in another post - unless someone's pixel peeping, often it's hard (or impossible) to tell from normal viewing distance if a certain photo was taken with FF or APS-C.

All the best to everyone!  :)

Paul

I can totally agree!
I use my old scratchy  350D for the  really hard times! When there is  the not so small chance that the used camera is smashed  on a rock while I am climbing or I could easily fall into salt water with it.
beside  I love my 7D but hate that noisy low ISO-Images it produces (no word on hi-ISO ;) )

Axilrod

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 27, 2012, 09:05:07 PM »
If I can just add my 5 cents worth. There is a place for both the 7D and the 5D (classic and 5DmkII). [How diplomatically started, right]   ;D

I've used full frame and APS-C.  For me, at this stage and my style of photography, the 7D suits me best. I really appreciate the AF improvements (over my 350D).  I'll acknowledge that the 5D's focus is above that of my 350D.

However I even still use my 350D - eg when I really need something light, and I will pack my 18-55mm kit lens, and still achieve great photos.

But for anything sports, moving, macro, etc- my 7D comes out first.  Also, I'm very happy with my 7D for landscapes at ISO100, or ISO200, and for low light photos, I do like the 7D's ability and handling.  With some careful post processing, I can get images I am thankful for.

Definitely for landscape a 5D or 5DmkII with the FF sensor is most suited for most of those general 'scenic' applications. Though - as I wrote in another post - unless someone's pixel peeping, often it's hard (or impossible) to tell from normal viewing distance if a certain photo was taken with FF or APS-C.

All the best to everyone!  :)

Paul

I can totally agree!
I use my old scratchy  350D for the  really hard times! When there is  the not so small chance that the used camera is smashed  on a rock while I am climbing or I could easily fall into salt water with it.
beside  I love my 7D but hate that noisy low ISO-Images it produces (no word on hi-ISO ;) )

You realize you're responding to an 8-month old thread right?
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #257 on: August 27, 2012, 09:05:07 PM »