Hmm that's interesting, I wonder how it will compare with the Sony RX100 in IQ and whether it will be available before October? I had been wondering whether Nikon might come up with something interesting.
Did you mean the P7700 available late September
Nikon Coolpix P7700 specs
* Magnesium alloy body
* Back-illuminated CMOS sensor 1/1.7 inches 12 million pixels
* Bright, large-diameter zoom 28mm-200mm F2-4 in 35mm
* Full HD, video stereo audio
* Custom video mode that can be set in manual or shutter aperture, ISO sensitivity during recording
* 920,000 3 inches dots, vari-angle LCD monitor, a wide viewing angle
* (VR) lens-shift correction effect, about four stages of camera shake compensation equivalent shutter
* Advanced Wireless Lighting master and remote control separately in a multi-flash photography
* Adjustable Picture Control Manual adjustment, quick adjustment and take pictures
* 8 fps / continuous shooting (up to 6 frames max)
* Second high-speed continuous shooting 120 frames s (up to 60 frames) 1280 x 960 (1M).
* Available for sale in late September
Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/#ixzz24CdGENtC
Actually it looks very much like a G12 successor even to the vari angle screen.