August 29, 2014, 12:35:31 PM

Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 2827 times)

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
What would you do?
« on: August 21, 2012, 09:57:06 PM »
Well I've done a ton of business with Adorama in the past.  So this isn't just a one time deal where I sent gear in to have evaluated for money or a trade.  I sent in my 1D Mark IV just to see what they'd offer, and I didn't like it.  So they sent it back.  Well, they sent something back.  I opened the package up tonight and it was a 5D Mark II, not the 1D Mark IV that I sent.  I immediately contacted them and they said they are on it and would contact me back as soon as possible.  This was about 3-4 hours ago.  How upset do you get and how much do you push this so early?  I'm beyond upset.  Depending on the outcome of this I may never do business there again. 
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

canon rumors FORUM

What would you do?
« on: August 21, 2012, 09:57:06 PM »

CharlieB

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 11:38:09 PM »
What would I do?

Probably have a beer, or bourbon if the mood suited me.

Relax, they're a quality outfit that made a mistake.  If they weren't quality - you'd have tossed them aside years ago.

The F'd up.  Let them fix the problem, and relax!

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:04:59 AM »
It happens, the important thing is how they respond when something like this happens.
Getting 60% of the $3200 - 3400  used value is not going to make many people happy.  My 1D MK IV was in mint condition, and had less than 3000 actuations.  I sold it on ebay for $4195.  Ebay charged $115, and paypal will add another $50, but I still get about $4,000 after my cost for shipping.

Menace

• 1D X
  • New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 02:18:11 AM »
What would I do?

Probably have a beer, or bourbon if the mood suited me.

Relax, they're a quality outfit that made a mistake.  If they weren't quality - you'd have tossed them aside years ago.

The F'd up.  Let them fix the problem, and relax!

I can imagine you are pi@@ed off right now but I'd wait and see how they respond.

As you do a lot of business with them maybe you have a contact you normally deal with - speak to that person or the manager and get them to keep you up to date.

Good luck

1Dx | 5D III
85 1.2L II | 100 2.8 | 400 2.8L IS II 
24-70 2.8L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II

Helen Oster

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Adorama Camera
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 05:49:28 AM »
.......I sent in my 1D Mark IV just to see what they'd offer, and I didn't like it.  So they sent it back.  Well, they sent something back.  I opened the package up tonight and it was a 5D Mark II, not the 1D Mark IV that I sent.  I immediately contacted them and they said they are on it and would contact me back as soon as possible.  This was about 3-4 hours ago.  How upset do you get and how much do you push this so early? 

As I responded in the other thread:

Can I firstly offer a deep apology - and then try to put this into perspective.

We currently have around 26,000 - 27,000 used items in our warehouse, and receive literally hundreds of items for evaluation every day.
I guess this is a reflection of the economic times?

We are currently in the process of training 5 new members of staff to be able to deal with the mammoth increase in trade, and sincerely regret that we are not offering the level of attention to customer care that both we - and our customers - have come to expect from us.
If you are still awaiting a response, please cut your waiting time and contact me directly: Helen@adorama.com with your quote number.

Again my apologies, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:52:21 AM by Helen Oster »
Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com

bdunbar79

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 11:19:02 AM »
No worries to the board regarding Adorama.  If this type of thing happens, they said it will be corrected regardless if the original camera can be found or not.  They also mentioned it would be overnighted.  I can't see a problem here, thanks.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

Skulker

• 7D
  • PP is no vice and as shot is no virtue
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 01:34:09 PM »
No worries to the board regarding Adorama.  If this type of thing happens, they said it will be corrected regardless if the original camera can be found or not.  They also mentioned it would be overnighted.  I can't see a problem here, thanks.

That makes sence to me.

Someone made a mistake, so? When I stop making mistakes I'm going to start expecting everyone else to be perfect. Untill then I will be having a beer with the other chilled folks.
If you debate with a fool onlookers can find it VERY difficult to tell the difference.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 01:34:09 PM »

bdunbar79

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 01:45:17 PM »

That makes sence to me.

Someone made a mistake, so? When I stop making mistakes I'm going to start expecting everyone else to be perfect. Untill then I will be having a beer with the other chilled folks.

I doubt anyone was expecting anyone to be prefect.  It's just a little nerve-racking when it's a $4500 camera that you need.  I sort of get what you're saying.  I'm sure if someone lost your 1DX you'd be having a beer with them all chilled out right?

As I said, it's taken care of, so there's not really any more need for posts are there? 
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

bdunbar79

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »
Update:  Adorama is going to send me an E+ conditon 1D Mark IV.  I'm really appreciative of this.  Adorama is a great company and they certainly proved it here regarding this issue.  I have done all of my business in the past with them, and now will continue to do so in the future.  Great job Jacob, Jack, and Helen, I really appreciate you guys.  This makes me very happy and you can expect me to buy much more equipment from you in the future.  Again thank you.  I highly recommend Adorma to anyone.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

Skulker

• 7D
  • PP is no vice and as shot is no virtue
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 04:33:21 PM »

That makes sence to me.

I doubt anyone was expecting anyone to be prefect.  It's just a little nerve-racking when it's a $4500 camera that you need.  I sort of get what you're saying.  I'm sure if someone lost your 1DX you'd be having a beer with them all chilled out right?

As I said, it's taken care of, so there's not really any more need for posts are there?

I didn't mean to give offence, sorry if I did. I was just agreeing with you when you said "these things happen"
If you debate with a fool onlookers can find it VERY difficult to tell the difference.

bdunbar79

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 04:40:45 PM »
Sorry I misunderstood.  My apologies.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

tiger82

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 07:23:29 PM »
Now that I solved my FF problem and have $ to spare, now I can think about upgrading my sports shooters, my 7D and 50D.  I may be interested in your 1D4 when you get it back.  I hope you have a serial number for them to locate your 1D4.  If they don't, they should replace it with a new or mint one to guarantee you don't get a camera inferior to what you sent in.
1D4 with 70-200 IS f/2.8L, 5D2 with 24-70 f/2.8L

bdunbar79

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »
They actually went above and beyond and are sending me an E+ 1D Mark IV.  Really great service if you ask me. 
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »

pdirestajr

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 08:50:26 PM »
Wait, so someone who sent in a 5DII got a 1D mkIV back?
7D | 5DII | EOS-3 | Nikon F3 | Mamiya 645 Pro-TL

bdunbar79

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 09:00:34 PM »
Wait, so someone who sent in a 5DII got a 1D mkIV back?

Hehe.  No idea.  Wouldn't that be a surprise?
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 09:00:34 PM »