I was really hoping to see a lower priced Full Frame by September. I am beginning to have my doubts. With the 1DX and the 5D III selling well (dispite the price ), plus the recent firmware upgrade to the 7D I'm afraid we may have to wait until next year for a 7D II, 70D or 3D. I got about $2,400 hundred but away now, and am socking away $150 a month so if they continue to "hold out" I will be in 5D III territory in the late Spring. I'm hitting the limits of my 50D (resolution, low light performance, focusing) so I'm looking to upgrade. Good camera but I do so want to upgrade. A 5D II is 4 year old technology and a 7D is 3 years old. I'll continue to be patient
Beach camera has the 5d Mark iii for $2800 today on ebay. That's pretty close to what you have saved up.
Canon 5D Mark II, 50D, XSi, 24-105L IS, Sigma 35 1.4, Canon 40 2.8, Canon 35 2.0, Sigma 10-20, Tamron 17-50, Canon 50 1.8, 580 EXII, 430 EXII