September 21, 2014, 02:37:24 AM

Author Topic: Lightroom 4 editing in elements 10  (Read 526 times)

00ducky

Lightroom 4 editing in elements 10
« on: August 22, 2012, 11:33:44 PM »
So I just got Lightroom 4 a few weeks ago, (i was useing LR 3 for over a year) and love it. The only problem is that It cant do all the editing in it. (Layers, cloning, pixel editing, panorama, etc) Now I used Photoshop CS4 and 5 on LR3, from demos and borrowing it from friends. But as I am doing more and more professional work and getting paid, I feel I should buy a copy of my own. I just don't have the money for Photoshop, and Elements 10 looks like a vary good option. 

I have a few concerns about it, and was hoping someone would be able to answer my questions. To much of my blabbing heres my questions:

1. When editing from Lightroom to photoshop, there are a few other options, Open as smart object, merge to panorama to name a few. Are they available with Elements?

2. I really like it when I chose to edit in photoshop, and when i was done, i could just save it and the file would pop in to lightroom. And if i wanted to change something after i could just chose to edit it in photoshop again, and all my Layers were still there (Photoshop saved it as a PSD and it automatically put the new photoshoped file in to lightroom.......) 
With Elements dose it do the same thing?
It came in really handy being able to have the picture back in lightroom and knowing i could edit it again and all the layers were still there, and not having it... Say, like, saving it as a JPG and if you wanted to edit it again you could but you couldn't change any old layers, it would just be that one layer, the picture. As an example.

I hope you could understand my questions.

I hope i'm not asking to much from Elements, I am just concerned, and want to make sure it runs as smoothly with Lightroom as photopshop dose.

Last note. For some odd reason, the demo for elements never work for me. I would download it but when i tryed installing it, it said it was missing a file. I tryed downloading it 3 times and it never worked. I even try other computers. If it would have work I would never had have to ask.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thank you

canon rumors FORUM

Lightroom 4 editing in elements 10
« on: August 22, 2012, 11:33:44 PM »