Image & Video Galleries > Sports

Shooting the Grand Rapids Mud Run tomorrow!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bosman:
I tell you what people laugh like crazy! There is a 3 to one ration of girls to guys too. For some reason girls think its cool. I loaded my photos on my mac around 3pm and it is midnight now and LR is still loading the previews lol. Course there are 32,000+ of them!

mcasey:
Fantastic game just release all the pressure ans also artificial for the health also .I really like playing this game .Energy is superb..

bvukich:
I shot the Dirty Girl Mud Run for a friend from work in August.  It was a blast.

Mostly shot with a 60D & 100-400:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4452956602987.2179681.1261706002&type=1&l=5bc4442d87

One thing to keep in mind, which never occurred to me before shooting that day, is that when the girls are covered with mud it's really hard to tell them apart.  I was lucky that my "girls" were all wearing distinctive attire (prom dresses), but there were about a dozen other ones there I knew, that I never noticed going by.

So if you're going there to shoot a specific team, make sure they're all wearing something easily identifiable under mud.  Or at least make sure they know where to look for you and get your attention as they are coming up to your spot(s), although that can break the mood too.  The natural expressions are so awesome, it sort of ruins it if they get too "posey".

bvukich:

--- Quote from: Bosman on August 26, 2012, 12:09:36 AM ---I loaded my photos on my mac around 3pm and it is midnight now and LR is still loading the previews lol. Course there are 32,000+ of them!

--- End quote ---

Wow, I thought the ~3000 I took was a lot.  Although I guess I was only shooting one team.  Was that just yours, or from all of your companies photographers at the event?

mcasey:
I really love the mud runs. It gives you so much fun and rush. This mud run would have been over by far, until now. But i do wants to know more about such types which are held throughout the world.

-----------------------------
Mud run

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version