August 21, 2014, 10:47:06 AM

Author Topic: 5D Mk iii Error 02  (Read 1464 times)

davidbellissima

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photographer in London
5D Mk iii Error 02
« on: August 25, 2012, 04:50:36 AM »
Hi all,

My Mk iii is configured to write large RAW files to the CF card and large JPEG files to the SD card. Yesterday I was happily shooting a wedding when I suddenly got an Error 02 message relative to the SD card (message states "Card cannot be accessed, Reinsert/change card or format card with camera").

I have never experienced this problem before on any of my other cameras, ever. Now two things changes since my last shoot:

1) The SD card is brand new - Sandisk 16GB Extreme 45MB/s, Class 10. It was of course formatted in the camera prior to use.

2) I updated the firmware in the Mk iii from whatever it was when I received the camera back in March (1.0.x) to the latest 1.1.3 version.

Sandisk cards are very reliable in my experience, however I accept that I may possibly have a lemon in this instance.

My other lingering doubt is whether it is the firmware update which may be related to this issue, with this specific card?

Any similar experiences or thoughts would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

canon rumors FORUM

5D Mk iii Error 02
« on: August 25, 2012, 04:50:36 AM »

Jason Montalvo

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: 5D Mk iii Error 02
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 07:40:32 AM »
Did you check the lock switch on the card? I've had that happen to me many times and all I had to do was push the lock up and then back down.

In the future I would strongly recommend CF cards. its a more robust platform. Not to mention card are up to 1000x speeds.

Hope this helps,
Jason

davidbellissima

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photographer in London
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 06:16:41 PM »
Thanks for your reply Jason. Yes I checked the switch and toggled it. I removed the card and reinserted it, however the error reappeared a few shots later.

Your point about the CF card being better is not really valid in this context. It is not like I am making a choice between which slot to use, but rather the fact that I use the CF slot to write RAW files whilst simultaneously writing JPEG files to the SD card purely as a backup. Two CF slots would be best, for sure!

Thanks again for your comments.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 06:16:41 PM »