I use a peak design capture for my 7D body + 28-70L on my hip when my 1DmIII+50mill hangs around my neck for concerts. I also used it for some extended backpacking trips on the backpack strap, and guess what; I love it! Now I am thinking to change my 1D mIII body for a 5DmII or 5DmIII when it comes out soon, just to have a more compact 1st body that is even more compatible with this system...
- fixed to your body so it is not swinging when moving.
- compatible with handstrap
- compatible with area-swiss style QR plates (really important to me!!!)
- secure with the button
- not really good for body's with battery grip or 1D style body's
- when on the hip I had to get used to put the camera back without thinking...
NICE but no UK dealers
I just ordered it online from US to Belgium and worked fine. Though I did need to pay 10eur of extra taxes...