September 02, 2014, 02:04:27 AM

Author Topic: Induro Gimbal Hold A 500mm?  (Read 5348 times)

DMITPHOTO

Re: Induro Gimbal Hold A 500mm?
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2012, 07:55:17 PM »
Answered my own questions so the wim site says you can't shoot vertically unless you have an L plate. So does the rrs L plate work on the gimbal?

Yes.  They are both Arca Swiss Style.  (My L Plate is RRS)

However on the full gimbal vertically mounted u can't look through the view finder the way the camera would sit :-/. I only shoot vertically for panos which I don't shoot to often so I guess I shouldnt worry

Yes you can.  You buy an adapter called the "wimberley module 8"  You clamp this into the gimball mount.  Then you clamp your L-Plate into this.  Basically it is an adapter that turns the mounting surface on the gimball 90 degrees allowing you to mount your L-Plate instead of a Lens Foot Plate. 

The orientation of the camera to the gimball are the same whether you shoot with your lens clamped in or your L- Plate. 

I shoot Panos all the time (vertically) with this setup.  The Module 8 also allows you to slide the setup back a little orienting the front of the element over the center of the tripod base.  This helps to prevent Parallax when as you shoot from one edge of the pano to the other.  (RRS makes a longer "Module 8" type thing that works even better at eliminating parallax, its just a little more $$ and called the Nodal Slide http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=MPR-CL-II&type=0&eq=MPR-CL-II-002&desc= )

Stupid question, exactly how does the model 8 attach the either the wim camera bracket, or an L bracket?? In the picture it doesn't show anything? However, ok so, I use the L plate on my camera, I then attatch the say rrs nodal slide, which can attach to the gimbal head via arca swiss. Then, the L plate can mount onto the nodal? O.o haha

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2012, 07:55:17 PM »

canon816

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »
Stupid question, exactly how does the model 8 attach the either the wim camera bracket, or an L bracket?? In the picture it doesn't show anything? However, ok so, I use the L plate on my camera, I then attatch the say rrs nodal slide, which can attach to the gimbal head via arca swiss. Then, the L plate can mount onto the nodal? O.o haha

Not stupid at all.  I'm gonna have supper... then I'll take a pic of my setup so you can see how it clamps on and post it here...

DMITPHOTO

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2012, 08:11:38 PM »

Not stupid at all.  I'm gonna have supper... then I'll take a pic of my setup so you can see how it clamps on and post it here...

Sounds great thanks :)

canon816

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2012, 08:31:25 PM »
Hope this clarifies it for you:

1) Wimberley WH200
2) Wimberley Module 8
3) Wimberley Module 8 clamped into WH200
4-7) Views of Camera Body Clamped into Module 8. (Garlic Bread from dinner in the BG of the last one.   8) )
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:33:28 PM by canon816 »

canon816

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2012, 08:31:58 PM »

DMITPHOTO

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2012, 08:38:31 PM »
Wow!!! That is pretty niffty!!! Haha defiantly going to get this set up! Because it isn't hard to change from lens to camera body. Plus, you get the vertical! The pictures helped a lot lol!

canon816

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2012, 08:44:58 PM »
Wow!!! That is pretty niffty!!! Haha defiantly going to get this set up! Because it isn't hard to change from lens to camera body. Plus, you get the vertical! The pictures helped a lot lol!

Glad I could help.  :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2012, 08:44:58 PM »