October 22, 2014, 08:18:52 AM

Author Topic: 7D Firmware 1.2.5 Posted Again  (Read 19709 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
7D Firmware 1.2.5 Posted Again
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:54:01 AM »

Canon UK has reposted the 7D Firmware version 1.2.5 on their web site. This is the same firmware we previously posted.

Changes in this Firmware

Firmware Version 1.2.5 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.

1. Fixed a rare phenomenon in which there were rare cases where movie files taken could not be opened when repeatedly shooting movies with specific CF cards.

2. Fixed a rare phenomenon in which there were cases where “Err 02″ appeared when repeatedly shooting still images with specific CF cards.

3. Fixed a phenomenon that occurred when using high-capacity (32 GB or greater) CF cards: If either a CF card with only a little available space remaining or the battery was removed and then reinserted into the camera, and then the user attempted to start shooting movies immediately, shooting would stop.

4. Improved the writing/reading speeds when using UDMA 7-compatible CF cards.

5. Fixed a phenomenon that occurred when custom function C.Fn 4-1 was set to assign IS start to the AF stop button on the lens: When used with lenses that do not have an AF stop button, the IS function would not work.

6. Corrected some mistakes in the menu screens displayed in Arabic and Portuguese. (This applies to models in overseas markets. The models for the Japanese market do not display those languages.)

Download Below

Version 1.2.5 (Windows)

Version 1.2.5 (Mac)

thanks Paul

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

7D Firmware 1.2.5 Posted Again
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:54:01 AM »

justsomedude

• Canon 6D
  • 5D3, 6D and 7D2
    • View Profile
    • AK Photo - Denver Photographer
Re: 7D Firmware 1.2.5 Posted Again
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:23:03 PM »
Does it fix the terrible front focusing issues with the AF system?  My AF repeatedly focuses 3-4inches in FRONT of the proper focal plane, regardless of lens (Single Shot focus, manual AF Point Selection modes).  Ugh... I hate this body.  Wish I never sold my 40D.  I'd sell the 7D and get something else if it wasn't so damn worthless due to it's now atrocious reputation and garbage quality photos.  She goes in for the 3rd time to Canon Service tomorrow -- not that I expect anything to really get fixed at this point.

Thanks for stealing my 1,600 well earned dollars, Canon.  There aren't enough words in the English language for how much pain I wish upon your company for selling an "upgraded" camera that is a low level pile of crap.

The salt in the wound is how Darwin Wiggett got better pictures on his XSi.  http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/the-canon-7d/

Somebody please come and beat me up.  Punch my eyes out, and make me bleed.  Maybe the pain of a severe disfigurement would distract me from the utter turmoil I've been in since p*ssing away over a grand-and-a-half to buy this trash of a camera body.

I hate you Canon.  I really really hate you.

/rant
/begin cry
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:17:26 PM by justsomedude »

licht

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:26:42 PM »
btw, while in the Canon site, check the new eos fcp import plug in, it is available. You have to scroll to "osx", if you select
10.6 nothing appear ... there is also a new version of eos utility (or perhaps did I missed its release few days ago ...)
Laurent

hsbn

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 12:54:53 PM »
Does it fix the crappy AF system?  Ugh... I hate this body.  Wish I never sold my 40D.  I'd sell the 7D and get something else if it wasn't so damn worthless due to it's now atrocious reputation and garbage quality photos.  She goes in for the 3rd time to Canon Service tomorrow -- not that I expect anything to really get fixed at this point.

Thanks for stealing my 1,600 well earned dollars, Canon.  There aren't enough words in the English language for how much pain I wish upon your company for selling an "upgraded" camera that is a low level pile of crap.

The salt in the wound is how Darwin Wiggett got better pictures on his XSi.  http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/the-canon-7d/

Somebody please come and beat me up.  Punch my eyes out, and make me bleed.  Maybe the pain of a severe disfigurement would distract me from the utter turmoil I've been in since p*ssing away over a grand-and-a-half to buy this trash of a camera body.

I hate you Canon.  I really really hate you.

/rant
/begin cry

I sold mine for $1575 off ebay. I bought it for a year ago for $1400 (with cashback from Ebates).

justsomedude

• Canon 6D
  • 5D3, 6D and 7D2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 01:10:16 PM »
I sold mine for $1575 off ebay. I bought it for a year ago for $1400 (with cashback from Ebates).

Thanks for the idea hsbn... although I hate the crummy "fees" eBay hits you with, this may be my best bet.  I'd consider waiting for a 5D mkIII, but considering how bad my "first adopter" experience has been with the 7D, I think it's best I go to the tried and true 5D mkII at this point. 

Lesson learned... Canon's QC on new products has plummeted to levels I'd never thought possible.  I would go to Nikon were it not for all the Canon glass I've invested in.

Arrrgggghh!

armando

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »
Nice update :)

I love my 7d and it has created some wonderful images, I got a great copy never had to turn in.

oh...

this must mean the 7d mkii is coming out..lol I had to be the first one to say it'

justsomedude

• Canon 6D
  • 5D3, 6D and 7D2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:42:31 PM »

I love my 7d and it has created some wonderful images, I got a great copy never had to turn in.

Armando... I'm jealous of you.  Really, I truly am.  This is what my 7D produces...  http://www.akphotodenver.com/images/7Dlenstest.jpg

Center-point focus on the "0m" of "50mm".  Portraits are typically useless.  Heck... 90% of photos I pull off the card are useless.  About 1 in 10 mysteriously comes out sharp.

Wanna trade bodies?   ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:42:31 PM »

samskr

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 01:46:17 PM »

justsomedude

• Canon 6D
  • 5D3, 6D and 7D2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 01:54:29 PM »
The firmware is now also available on the USA website.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_7d#DriversAndSoftware

Thanks for the US link samskr.  Installing it now... fingers crossed that it does wonders for me!!  (not holding my breath)

Sdiver2489

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 02:03:50 PM »

Armando... I'm jealous of you.  Really, I truly am.  This is what my 7D produces...  http://www.akphotodenver.com/images/7Dlenstest.jpg

Center-point focus on the "0m" of "50mm".  Portraits are typically useless.  Heck... 90% of photos I pull off the card are useless.  About 1 in 10 mysteriously comes out sharp.

Wanna trade bodies?   ;)

Why don't you MA the body for all lenses equally then?

skitron

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 02:17:10 PM »
I would agree that maybe micro adjust "all lens" or "body" (can't recall what the menu says). It looks like a bad front focus and probably the 10% good shots are when it "misses"?
5D3, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 100L, 24-105L, Sigma 50/1.4 DG, Canon TC 1.4x III

justsomedude

• Canon 6D
  • 5D3, 6D and 7D2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »
I would agree that maybe micro adjust "all lens" or "body" (can't recall what the menu says). It looks like a bad front focus and probably the 10% good shots are when it "misses"?

Is that a proper "fix" though?  Manual says to avoid MF adjustments unless absolutely necessary.  Seems odd that a new body would be incompatible with so many lenses... no?

hsbn

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 02:36:38 PM »
If you have front/back focus problem, you should bring the camera & lens to them. I had problem with back-focus and brought the lens to Canon. They said they fixed it but I still had problem. So I brought it back with my camera and everything is working perfect now. Turn out it was both camera and lens problem. You should give it a try.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 02:36:38 PM »

Sdiver2489

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 02:37:02 PM »

Is that a proper "fix" though?  Manual says to avoid MF adjustments unless absolutely necessary.  Seems odd that a new body would be incompatible with so many lenses... no?

Has nothing to do with incompatibility. A body can be off though. You have two options, keep sending your camera WITH all your lenses to Canon with SPECIFIC instructions to test the camera WITH the lenses and calibrate OR you can just to into the menu, move the focus point for "all" lenses forward a  bit and be happy.

The only reason I sent my 24mm F1.4L II back to Canon a number of times is because it was inconsistent and the center point performed differently than those around it. They got it perfect the third time.

If a lens is consistently backfocusing, the fix is easy in my opinion.

EYEONE

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 02:42:44 PM »

It would be better to send Canon all your lenses and body so they can adjust them to match each other. I recently got two new lenses and check the focus to make sure the variances of the body and lenses were ok. Everything checked out. Read the article on the main page "This lens is soft..." Very informative.

Micro adjust will work just fine though. I think it will store the info for 20 different lenses.

I'm sorry you haven't had a good experience with the 7D. I love mine.
Canon 5D Mark III w/BG-E11, Canon 7D w/BG-E7: EF 24-70mm f.2.8L, EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, EF 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM, Speedlite 430EXII + 430EXI, Canon EOS 3

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 02:42:44 PM »