October 22, 2014, 10:05:11 AM

Author Topic: Radio triggers on the 1DX  (Read 2131 times)

Nick England

Radio triggers on the 1DX
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:10:03 AM »
Am I correct in my research that neither Pocket Wizards or Radio Poppers currently work with the 1DX?

From what I can gather, it's currently only the Phottix Odin's that will work (in HSS and manual modes).

Cheers,

Nick

canon rumors FORUM

Radio triggers on the 1DX
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:10:03 AM »

nightbreath

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
    • Свадебный фотограф в Днепропетровске
Re: Radio triggers on the 1DX
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:13:37 PM »
Hi Nick,

Pocket Wizard just finished their work on 5D Mark III support in their latest beta firmware, 1D x should be on the way (but not in the nearest time). Phottix should work as they don't need fair amount of R'n'D work to become compatible with new cameras.
Wedding photography. My personal website: http://luxuryphoto.com.ua

Stickman

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »
Am I correct in my research that neither Pocket Wizards or Radio Poppers currently work with the 1DX?

From what I can gather, it's currently only the Phottix Odin's that will work (in HSS and manual modes).

Cheers,

Nick

I'm using the Odins with the 1DX, it won't work in TTL, but its fine with everything else. 

moonwell

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Photog
    • View Profile
    • Moonwell Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 09:45:07 PM »
Any standard trigger will work... PW Plus II's work fine (and most certainly Plus III's).  TT1/5's works in basic trigger mode, but not hyper/high speed sync yet.

Alien Bee Cybersyncs work great; clean at 1/320.

Stickman

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 03:13:16 AM »

Cheers,

Nick

I'm using the Odins with the 1DX, it won't work in TTL, but its fine with everything else.

I posted earlier that it was working, but now it is not.  I'm not sure what is going on, but my 1DX will not currently do HSS with the Odin.  Neither will another guys same combo who just tried his on POTN (his also previously worked).

I'm really not sure what changed, or if I changed something I'm unaware of. Odd that it would happen to two if us. 

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 06:23:34 AM »
Phottix have stated that they are working on 1d x ettl support, but for now only manual works. However you can still use the ettl communication line to remote adjust power in manual mode.
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 06:23:34 AM »