April 19, 2014, 01:11:53 PM

Author Topic: Shooting sports High fps  (Read 1028 times)

denalidude

Shooting sports High fps
« on: September 02, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »
I am wanting to shoot mostly indoor sports (basketball), and would like the high burst frame rate.  Not enough money for a "x" with 14 fps.  I also like to shoot animals and landscape. I live in Denali Park and also want a camera that is quite capable to have larger prints.  Have a t1i at the moment and want to up grade.  Any suggestions would be great.  Thank you and god bless. 

canon rumors FORUM

Shooting sports High fps
« on: September 02, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: Shooting sports High fps
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 02:10:10 PM »
7D sounds like your best bet, a used 1DIV would be better if that works with your budget and you don't have a lot of EF-S lenses.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

charlesa

• EOS M2
  • I shoot with my eye!
    • View Profile
    • 15 stops to Heaven
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 03:08:55 PM »
7D sounds like your best bet, a used 1DIV would be better if that works with your budget and you don't have a lot of EF-S lenses.

Seconded

swampler

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 02:28:24 PM »
The crop can be a little long under the basket. The 5DIII works good there, but a slightly slower frame rate than the 7D. IQ of the FF will be better at the higher ISO required for indoor sports.

canon816

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 04:07:23 PM »
If you need the extra burst then 7D or 1DIV would be the way to go.  If you don't then the 5DIII is really a great camera.

I bought one to go with my 1DIV for shooting wildlife (Birds in flight + Static), landscapes and real estate commercially.  The details are so much nicer then my 1DIV especially at higher ISO (Over 1250) that I ended up selling my 1DIV and picked up a second 5DIII body.

If its all about the burst rate then your question is easy to answer.  If other factors weigh in then it opens up your options a bit.  Considering that you are coming off of 3.4FPS then the 5DIII at 6FPS will feel like a machine gun, however it is a far cry from 10FPS of the 1DIV.

Good luck and happy shooting,

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 04:07:23 PM »