July 28, 2014, 03:38:25 PM

Author Topic: Win a 5D Mark III Kit from Norman Camera  (Read 5154 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Re: Win a 5D Mark III Kit from Norman Camera
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 08:34:44 AM »
I just wanted to clarify the USA only thing.

There's some laws in the USA about contests and prizes must be kept in the country. It's nothing to do with shipping or anything like that. I imagine the laws are for tax reasons.

They'd open the contest to the world if they didn't have to jump through a million hoops.

Cheers
CR
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 08:34:44 AM »

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 10:01:53 AM »
I just wanted to clarify the USA only thing.

There's some laws in the USA about contests and prizes must be kept in the country. It's nothing to do with shipping or anything like that. I imagine the laws are for tax reasons.

They'd open the contest to the world if they didn't have to jump through a million hoops.

Cheers
CR

Would seem to me that Canadians don't suffer from this.

But seriously, what point is there in announcing a country-only contest on an international site?

At least when specials for B&H are posted anyone, anywhere (generally) can take advantage of it if they so choose and it is of benefit to them.

Edwin Herdman

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 03:12:04 AM »
But seriously, what point is there in announcing a country-only contest on an international site?
What reason is there for Norman Camera to support this site?  I can just about walk over to their Kalamazoo location, after all (there used to be one here too)!  Silly CanonRumors, needing money to keep running and all. ;)

luoto

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 06:30:27 AM »
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Even if they said "U.S. govt rules mean this cannot be open to X" it might have helped.

OK, if I win, I was entering it on behalf of my good friend in Ohio. I just liked it for him !

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 06:30:27 AM »