October 31, 2014, 04:41:41 AM

Author Topic: Help?  (Read 872 times)

Klaus

Help?
« on: September 07, 2012, 12:40:56 AM »
I find myself looking for a little inspiration and want to change my gear up a bit. I currently have a 60D (Gripped) with 18-200 kit lens and a Nifty Fifty. Let me say I love this camera and it always meets my needs! I do not use my photographs as a means of income, just a hobby and way to document life around me for myself and for my future generations. I did not get my 50mm initially when I bought my camera but when I got it in the mail from B+H I felt inspired and began really getting more in depth with my hobby. If I could I would (and I am trying to this day) ditch my 18-200 and stock up on a couple in expensive primes. Don't get me wrong I like the 18-200 for its versatility but find it un-mounted most of the time.
 I want to sell my camera to fund either purchasing a 5D II or Classic. My first choice is the Mark II, I do enjoy video capabilities once and a while, and like making large prints for around the house so the higher MP count would be a bonus. But there are no takers in my area for my gear and would be more likely to raise enough for a Classic. My question is this:
Can the 5D Classic still perform well enough for an enthusiast like myself, or will I kick myself for not holding out for an unknown amount of time and getting the mark II?
If you could provide Sample photos from a Classic show casing it I would be greatly appreciative!

canon rumors FORUM

Help?
« on: September 07, 2012, 12:40:56 AM »

Tcapp

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
    • Timothy Capp Photography
Re: Help?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 01:29:09 AM »
I find myself looking for a little inspiration and want to change my gear up a bit. I currently have a 60D (Gripped) with 18-200 kit lens and a Nifty Fifty. Let me say I love this camera and it always meets my needs! I do not use my photographs as a means of income, just a hobby and way to document life around me for myself and for my future generations. I did not get my 50mm initially when I bought my camera but when I got it in the mail from B+H I felt inspired and began really getting more in depth with my hobby. If I could I would (and I am trying to this day) ditch my 18-200 and stock up on a couple in expensive primes. Don't get me wrong I like the 18-200 for its versatility but find it un-mounted most of the time.
 I want to sell my camera to fund either purchasing a 5D II or Classic. My first choice is the Mark II, I do enjoy video capabilities once and a while, and like making large prints for around the house so the higher MP count would be a bonus. But there are no takers in my area for my gear and would be more likely to raise enough for a Classic. My question is this:
Can the 5D Classic still perform well enough for an enthusiast like myself, or will I kick myself for not holding out for an unknown amount of time and getting the mark II?
If you could provide Sample photos from a Classic show casing it I would be greatly appreciative!

Hold out for the mark ii. Its well worth it.

The 5d classic will still take some awesome photos, but I do think those extra pixels and especially the better iso performance is worth the extra few bucks.
5DIII, 5DII, 7D, 50 1.4, 85 1.4, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 70-200 2.8 IS L II, 2x TC III, 15 Fisheye 2.8, 100 Macro 2.8, 24 1.4 L
http://www.TimothyCapp.com
Follow me on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Timothy-Capp-Photography/94664798952

M.ST

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 01:33:55 AM »
Get the 5D Mark II. It´s a very good camera for the price you pay for it now and the camera is worth it.

I you want to make videos you can´t get the 5D classic.

If you change you must invest in CF-cards. A SD-card-adapter is not the best solution.

But remember: If you need a long telephoto lens a 300 mm is 300 mm on FF and 480 mm on APS-C. A 300 mm for APS-C is relativ cheap but you pay a lot of money for a 500 mm lens for FF.

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »
I Cannot recommend the 5Dc highly enough. Its ISO performance is still better than any APS-C camera canon makes.

Take that extra 700$ and get an used 135L or 85mm 1.8 or towards some good glass.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »