July 30, 2014, 09:37:54 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Announcement Soon? [CR1]  (Read 35327 times)

Wahoowa

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 6D Announcement Soon? [CR1]
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2012, 08:51:15 AM »
Must be a typo there somewhere. It should either read

22mp (Same sensor as 5D3)

or

21mp (Same sensor as 5D2)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2012, 08:51:15 AM »

bk-productions

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2012, 08:51:48 AM »
I think Canon is on the right way with a cheaper full-frame camera. I own a 5Dmk3 and it's just awesome. An entry-level full-frame body would be quiet better than the 5Dmk2. Better AF and maybe more than 9 AF-points.

samirachiko

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2012, 09:01:40 AM »
i'd vote for an articulated screen insted of touchscreen which is completly useless!!!!

a better sensor would be nice, but i doubt this new camera will have a better sensor than 5D 3.
a newer AF system is needed though from 5D 2

However reading the specs, this camera has completly no cost in developing something new.

- sensor taken from 5D 3 (best case scenario)
- AF taken from 7D
- touchscreen from 650D (and i really hope its a vari angle too, a vari angle screen in an FF camera is something i'd pay for instantly, doesn't matter the build quality)

canon re-sells parts which already sold and sell.
easy profit for canon, and i suppose it will come after nikons D600 probably seen in photokina this month!!

totally agree with you! (without touch screen!) ^^

Denisas Pupka

• Power Shot G16
  • Catching some Zzzzs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2012, 09:09:55 AM »
Before I was thinking, that upgrade to Full Frame will be never achievable for me and was searching upgrade for 550D, but now because of this news I considering FullFrame. Not only because of all Full-Frame advantages, but also because theres many good new lenses, which much better compatible with full-frame.

birtembuk

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »
Canon Inc. cannot launch an entirely new xD model in 2012 with a 2008 sensor coupled with a 2009 AF plus a gimmicky screen in a plastic body (lower build quality than say a 7D) -> they'd be laughed at, unless it was super-cheap for a FF body, but then why would it have an xD name for that would just devalue the branding at a time when Canon are charging top whack for Pro& Semi-pro gear? ???

Agree! Whatever exciting this CR1 rumor can be, let's wait and see. It might only be for a 70D which, given those specs, could well be next cam of 2012. 

Chuck Alaimo

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Chuck Alaimo Photography
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2012, 10:23:01 AM »
I Really hope its a newer sensor than the 5D II.

Nothing wrong with that sensor

It is certainly capable of capturing beautiful images but compared to the state-of-the-art Sony sensors Nikon is using it lags behind, particularly in terms of DR.  In fact, if you look at the capabilities of the sensor in the 5D3—and I write this as a largely satisfied 5D3 owner—Canon appears to have made absolutely no progress in this area of sensor development.

unless your looking for good low light performance.  in most tests, the 5d3 sensor pulls ahead of nikons after ISO 800.  If this new FF can hold its own up to 6400 then it will fit nicely in my bag me thinks...
Owns 5Dmkiii, 6D, 16-35mm, 24mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85 mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8 macro, 1-600RT, 2 430 EX's, 1 video light

Chuck Alaimo

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Chuck Alaimo Photography
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2012, 10:29:16 AM »
If these specs are accurate and if this is priced aggressively, this body would absolutely destroy the resale value of the 5D2.  Of course, I'm assuming that Canon isn't omitting some major feature (like video) that is available in the 5D2.

My bet is that the 5d2 is retired when this comes out.  My bet is also that the delay in announcing/releasing this camera is based mostly on unloading stock of 5d2's..

The big Q's for most will it have things like AFMA?  What will the actual usable ISO be? 

I can live with the less than ideal build quality if it's priced right and can hold its own up to ISO 6400 
Owns 5Dmkiii, 6D, 16-35mm, 24mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85 mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8 macro, 1-600RT, 2 430 EX's, 1 video light

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2012, 10:29:16 AM »

mystic_theory

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2012, 10:30:48 AM »
Me want 70D!

I'm really tired of the same sensor in the 7D,60D,550D,600D,650D,M,1100D,G1X (resized in the last two). I bet that they are tired also at Canon: so much so that they haven't been doing any research and development for the past two years.  :'(

crasher8

5D Jr.
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2012, 10:49:12 AM »
Is the 5D2 stock really that low? It has to be for a entry FF to grab any market share.

Seems like the consensus is:

New Sensor
AF as good as the 7D or better
AMFA
Price

The jury is still out on:

Body Composition
Pop up Flash
Articulating screen
Dual Cards
ISO

All in all I hope Canon will break the habit of announcing a new body from their old parts bin.

killerBEEcamaro

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2012, 10:59:24 AM »
5d3 sensor or 5d2? I need a new FF camera that doesn't have old technology.
CANON 60D | EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM| EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM | EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS| EF 50mm f/1.8 II

armando

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2012, 11:26:34 AM »
This is such a weird body to release, where does it fit in? before the 5d mkiii and after the 5d mKii hum ..ok

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2012, 11:35:52 AM »
That's why I don't really anitcipate an announcement for this soon.  I'm not saying never, but I just feel like it won't be all that soon.  It'd be more likely that the 7D's replacement would come sooner than an entry level FF.  The 5D Mark II, contrary to what people will tell you, when it was released in 2008, it was not considered entry level.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

schmidtfilme

• Power Shot G16
  • Photographer / Documentary Filmmaker
    • View Profile
    • 35photo
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2012, 11:48:56 AM »
This is such a weird body to release, where does it fit in? before the 5d mkiii and after the 5d mKii hum ..ok

I think it fits in (whatever the name will be ) as an attractive entry FF in direct competition to the soon to be announced Nikon D600 which is rumoured to be at a price point of around $1500. If Canons only answer is the 5 year old 5DMK2 then I am sure they will loose quite some business to Nikon (at least mine) .
5D Mark III
17-40/24-105/70-200 all f4

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2012, 11:48:56 AM »

RC

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2012, 11:56:13 AM »
Just take the same 5D2 body (with updated mode dial and power switch), drop in the 19 pt AF from the 7D, update the firmware for RT flashes, GPS and etc, digic 5+ processor, new higher res LCD.   New or existing 5DII processor is fine if that what it takes to be positioned in the line up.  Price it at $2,000 (+/- a couple) and I'm in.  To me this seems like a cost effective approach for Canon to build--no major retooling. 

No I don't want any gimmicks like the touch or swivel screen.   Basically I want a 5D II with the 7D's AF. 

Chosenbydestiny

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2012, 12:12:54 PM »
1. It's sad to see that many people are ready to settle for the 5D Mark II sensor, which is around 4 years old...
2. It's a lot more sad to see that not so many people are sick of Canon using the same/similar sensors for all cameras and their 'mix & match' strategy.

I don't know about the numbering myths, such as even & odd numbers in high-end product names but, if the rumored 6D - or whatever - is real, I'm sure even Canon isn't stupid enough to release it with 5D Mark II's sensor, which is totally NOT fine!

If 5d Mark III is really worth $3500, then the D800 is definitely worth more that $3000. So it's pretty clear to me that with lower profit margin, Nikon is trying to win back some market share and in the light of this, I see no reason for the rumored D600 to cost more than $2000. Will/Can Canon position the rumored 6D at around $2000? I doubt that...

If Canon don't radically change their strategies pretty soon, I believe we won't see any products to excite the masses like the 5D Mark II did. It'll always be customers on both sides of the satisfaction line and that will only help Nikon gain market share - which I don't care a bit but Canon should.

It's because everything is becoming way too digital, and way too competitive. They forgot about the people who have been taking photos for decades and now cater to the entry level and amateur crowd because it's more profitable. What people are saying now about the 5D3 sensor not being as comfortable as the 5D2 sensor is the same thing that was said when the 5D2 came out. I personally still prefer the 5D classic sensor, if they remade the 5D classic with simple non-detrimental upgrades like AF and processing speed, to the point where I could buy brand new batteries and accessories for it at the local camera store, I would go and pick one up again. Why? The big photosites are just gorgeous on the 5D classic. And I'm not talking about zoomed in pixel peeped, but printed photos look very true to life. Canon has been too caught up with technology, because the average person demands better ISO performance and megapixels thanks to sites like this and how the market compares cameras. Of course, when new stuff arises, we find things that we thought we could live without previously. People are out there cropping the hell out of their photos thanks to technology. They're shooting in situations that were once unheard of. It's a walk in the park now to shoot modern cameras. And then they complain. Imagine how people are going to sound 10 years from now. Our behaviors are being shaped by major corporations and whenever we whine about something they sacrifice something else just so we could shut up. The bottom line is, if you don't like it just don't buy it. If you feel like you don't have a choice, then swallow your pride and get on with it because we are in for some deep kimchi in the long run at the rate these sensors are changing. Technology is supposed to improve but it's been downhill in the ISO 100-800 range (because of shrinking photo sites due to high megapixel demand) since the 5D classic in my honest opinion and I'm very much sure at the least, 9/10 of us shoot in that range 9/10 times. Think about it.
Nikon electric fan, gas stove, and slippers. Canon Elan 7, 1D Mark III, 5D mark III, and 2x6D. Canon 24mm Samyang/Rokinon, 85L, 135L, and many other lenses. 2x Canon 580ex II, third party speedlites, studio strobes

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2012, 12:12:54 PM »