Rumors > Third Party Manufacturers

Sony RX1 Full Frame sensor Compact leaked photos / rumor

(1/16) > >>

Aglet:
This is going to cause a lot of buzz!

http://photorumors.com/2012/09/09/breaking-sony-rx1-the-first-full-frame-compact-camera/

fixed 35mm f/2 lens apparently

and a hefty price tag of $3k

Axilrod:
Yeah it's pretty amazing to have a FF sensor in a body that small, but I don't know about a fixed lens.  It's one thing if you can remove it, but being stuck with a 35mm focal length?  Granted if you have to be stuck with one focal length that's not a bad one to have.  Pretty amazing where the technology is going.

risc32:
This is what i would have liked canon to have offered us with their mirrorless design. Honestly, i don't even remember anything about what they did offer or if it's since been released. Yeah, the spec sheet must have got me very excited. it must have been a "me too" product.

Mt Spokane Photography:
Cameras are obsoleted in 3-5 years, often sooner.  Having a 3K body with fixed lens that will be obsolete in 5 years or less seems like overkill.  I'd prefer to buy a good lens that will last for 20 or more years, and a  cheap body that can be sold in 4 or 5 years.  With Sony's record of poor product support, they will likely walk away from it in three years.
I think this is a very limited product, aimed at those with money to burn.

EchoLocation:
When I saw this post this morning(i'm in China,) I instantly thought that it would be my next camera. Then I opened the posting and saw a fixed focal length!!!!
If this had been a FF mirrorless with a 35mm Zeiss Kit lens at 3000 bucks I would've preordered. If this camera was 1600 bucks I would be extremely tempted....
If I bought this camera, i'd love it, but in one year when an interchangable lens version of this camera comes out i'd regret paying so much money for it.
I really want this camera, but for 3000 dollars I'd like something with a little more options than one focal length and no viewfinder(also, is there a shutter speed dial?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version