July 31, 2014, 03:06:50 PM

Author Topic: Sony RX1 Full Frame sensor Compact leaked photos / rumor  (Read 21833 times)

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Sony RX1 Full Frame sensor Compact leaked photos / rumor
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 12:07:08 PM »
epic fail! No lens mount, no zoom = no go.
like Sigma DP1, DP2, Leica X-1 ... dead in the water. 

I will never buy a one-focal-length camera.

X100 anyone? One of the most popular cams around until the x-pro 1.

This is just awesome, I applaud you sony.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 12:07:08 PM »

moreorless

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 02:11:51 PM »

Look at the X-pro 1's price compaired to the X100 though, your getting the most hyped feature of both cameras in the hybrid EVF/OVF AND a good 35mm equivilent lens for less than the price of the interchangeble lens body by itself.

$2800 on the other hand looks to be far more than the price of the new Nikon D600 which will have a similar sensor and a similar price to that camera and a good quality lens so its really the minaturisation yout paying for.

I can't imagine many users preffering the RX1 to an interchangeble lens equivilent.

RLPhoto

• Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 03:24:49 PM »

Look at the X-pro 1's price compaired to the X100 though, your getting the most hyped feature of both cameras in the hybrid EVF/OVF AND a good 35mm equivilent lens for less than the price of the interchangeble lens body by itself.

$2800 on the other hand looks to be far more than the price of the new Nikon D600 which will have a similar sensor and a similar price to that camera and a good quality lens so its really the minaturisation yout paying for.

I can't imagine many users preffering the RX1 to an interchangeble lens equivilent.

Your forgetting that this has never been done before. FF digital sensor in a body around the size of an X100, it has no direct competitor. Plus, Zeiss make's fantastic lenses.

The only some-what competition would be a Leica M9. I wished canon had the guts to do a FF mirrorless kinda like this.

D600? With a 35mm F/1.8? The IQ would be quite terrible unless you got the 35mm 1.4G but, wait you've just spent the same amount of money as the RX1.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:33:08 PM by RLPhoto »

drjlo

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 03:14:08 AM »
First-look Video of Sony RX1.  Looks like the lens has switch for macro (0.2-0.35m) but not sure if true 1:1 macro.  Also, it looks quite ugly to me personally in that dull, cheap-looking black and flat looks.   

EXCLUSIVE! Sony's New Compact Digital Full Frame Camera the RX1! Small | Large
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:16:11 AM by drjlo »

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2012, 05:46:35 AM »

+1 Absolutely. SOny might have some odd "standards" but they showed a long time ago that they are SERIOUS about digital photography, and back in the day I had ALL the dsc-p# cameras from Sony, (P10 my absolute favorite) Sync flash at 1/1000s and of the very best looking cameras around. Plus they were about 50 million times faster than the Ixus's.

Sony, you might not be best at everything, but you have the biggest balls and push everyone  else and always go where no concervative Canon or Nikon man will go. Awesome!!! I've been waiting for FF (digital) compact since, hm, ever?
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2012, 10:02:48 AM »
Instead of the RX-1 and A99 Sony should hav announced not only the APS-C NEX-6 but also a very similar and only slightly larger NEX-9 with FF sensor.

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 10:14:51 AM »
can someone please tell me if i am missing something.here my problem.. sony make a full frame small camera great wonderful but they make it a fixed lens whats the point in that?and the price is ridiculous!!! if they made it interchangeable lenses then yeah the price would be justifiable to me this is a big massive FAIL.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 10:14:51 AM »

simonxu11

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 11:22:42 AM »
can someone please tell me if i am missing something.here my problem.. sony make a full frame small camera great wonderful but they make it a fixed lens whats the point in that?and the price is ridiculous!!! if they made it interchangeable lenses then yeah the price would be justifiable to me this is a big massive FAIL.
The target audience of this camera is quite small according to the specs and price. IMO it's more like a concept than an actual product, it sends a message to Canon&Nikon that you guys are too afraid to try something special but I'm not.
I think the eos-M is an epic fail, it looks like a generation behind others and it's not even on the market yet. It may sell well due to its brand but as a product it's so mediocre to be honest.

Sonyalfarumors.com mentioned a few times that a full frame nex will be announced next year

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2012, 12:04:00 PM »
The target audience of this camera is quite small according to the specs and price. IMO it's more like a concept than an actual product, it sends a message to Canon&Nikon that you guys are too afraid to try something special but I'm not.
I think the eos-M is an epic fail, it looks like a generation behind others and it's not even on the market yet. It may sell well due to its brand but as a product it's so mediocre to be honest.

Sonyalfarumors.com mentioned a few times that a full frame nex will be announced next year
i agree with the eos -m but this sony rx1 could be amazing if they just made it with interchangeable lenses paying that much and being limited to that focal length is just wrong.I love street photography and it would be good for that but not at that price should be under £1000 uk pounds no more.

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2012, 12:28:19 PM »

I puzzle a bit over the self-interested marketing expert commentators here declaring this an "epic fail" and other such jargon-driven nonsense.

While I'm not putting $3000 into the product myself, I know some established street photographers of high reputation who will if it's fast enough (speaking shutter lag, not AV). I can also see some serious landscapers, cityscapers, seascapers, etc. going for it if the lens will support their needs.

From a marketing standpoint, it's a niche product. At the moment, it's unique and that will carry the experiment perhaps to small profitability. It's going to be interesting to watch. Personally, I may rent one if Roger decides to offer it. Yes, hint.

For those without long memory of the photography equipment world, we have a limitless history of companies throwing something out there to see what will happen. Hell, I've got a Pentax 110-film SLR, for example. This happens less often now that MBA types run most companies by numbers -- but I sure celebrate Sony for putting it out there.

And who knows, maybe they ran their numbers right, and this thing will somehow succeed. I think it's worth cheering.
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

simonxu11

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2012, 12:29:07 PM »

i agree with the eos -m but this sony rx1 could be amazing if they just made it with interchangeable lenses paying that much and being limited to that focal length is just wrong.I love street photography and it would be good for that but not at that price should be under £1000 uk pounds no more.
Fiji's x100 with its apsc sensor was announced @ 1000 uk pounds, so there's no way a full frame sensor with that zeiss lens should be under 1000 pounds. But I think it should be priced around $2000, $2800 is jut too steep.

Scott

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2012, 11:55:28 PM »
I'm actually really excited about this camera. If the auto-focus is fast and accurate and the manual controls are snappy (unlike most P&S) I can see myself getting one of these.
I'm not at all afraid of having a 35mm fixed lens stuck on the camera as my 5dii and Leica M6 pretty much have that focal length attached at all times.
This could well be the camera that goes EVERYWHERE with me...

Bennymiata

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2012, 09:33:04 AM »
When I want to use a compact camera, I'll just stick to my wife's G1X.

$3K for a fixed lens compact, even with a FF sensor, is just way over the top IMHO.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2012, 09:33:04 AM »

Albi86

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2012, 02:54:38 PM »
Concerning the price, I think many of you forget there's a Zeiss 35mm f/2 in front of that tiny thing :)

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2012, 07:08:02 PM »
Concerning the price, I think many of you forget there's a Zeiss 35mm f/2 in front of that tiny thing :)
It's a Zeiss that costs 800-1000 tops!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2012, 07:08:02 PM »