October 20, 2014, 07:05:16 PM

Author Topic: A skyline to remember.  (Read 2568 times)

solargravity

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Solar Gravity: Creative Design & Technology Blog Covering Photography / Cameras / Photoshop / After Effects / Video / 3D / Design / Web Design
A skyline to remember.
« on: September 11, 2012, 03:01:45 AM »
I will never forget the sky on this night when I was on a walk. I almost missed this scene as I was fiddling with my camera. Then all of a sudden I looked up and was rocked with this scene.  I took about 200 photos and HD video of this once in a lifetime display of colors.  I was stunned at the beauty and the color.

Have you ever been stunned by a vista of the sky? I sure have.

I welcome all of my Canon Rumors friends to learn more about me at my blog. www.solargravity.com

canon rumors FORUM

A skyline to remember.
« on: September 11, 2012, 03:01:45 AM »

Aglet

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: A skyline to remember.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 04:18:32 AM »
I like those purple, blue and orange skies, awesome.

I also like the liquid lava sunsets we sometimes get on Alberta prairies, like tonite.
My 7D was behaving itself quite nicely.

solargravity

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Solar Gravity: Creative Design & Technology Blog Covering Photography / Cameras / Photoshop / After Effects / Video / 3D / Design / Web Design
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 08:44:23 AM »
Aglet,

What a stunning photo. I love the beautiful gradient and your composition is magnificent. The cloud that is lingering close to the ground with the treeline makes the shot even more impressive. Wow. I know how the sunsets can be for your region. I have family that live in the Thousand Island region of New York and I have never seen sunsets more gorgeous on such a consistent basis. Way more than where I live and I'm only 3 hrs south in the Capital region of NY. Big difference. Anyhow, please share more photos if you have them.  Aglet, do you have any of your work online for me to checkout?

I welcome all of my Canon Rumors friends to learn more about me at my blog. www.solargravity.com

Aglet

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »
@solargravity

Thank you for the compliment.  :)  I'm glad you like it.

Every once in a while I have to post a shot here just to show I actually shoot and don't just gripe about and criticize equipment performance.  ;)

Skyscapes and sunsets are some of my favorite subjects and I'm fortunate enough to live where there's sometimes a good supply of each if I'm willing to drive out of the city to get a better view of them.  This time of year is ideal for vivid colors because of all the dust in the air from grain harvesting and other agricultural activity.

My www.a2bart.com website is where I'll be posting my work altho the sad state of it at this time is a bit of a joke.  I'm planning to put more of an effort into it this autumn and winter.  I have thousands of images I want to get out there and hopefully have some commercial success with either as print sales or stock.  So, I'd better make it look good!

I've spent most of my photo-related time this summer getting, and getting familiar with, new equipment.  I'm almost back into "shooting mode."  Hopefully some good fall colors to shoot but the trees here are stressed and more brown than yellow in many areas.  I've got lots of files to process from the past tho.

Aglet

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 09:58:23 PM »
not as deeply colored the next night in a different location about 40 miles away.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 09:58:23 PM »