August 02, 2014, 01:11:41 AM

Author Topic: *UPDATE* More Canon EOS 6D Specs Surface [CR1]  (Read 23140 times)

Etienne

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Photography by Steve Brule
Re: *UPDATE* More Canon EOS 6D Specs Surface [CR1]
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2012, 07:48:58 PM »
Hi

with D600 out (without Vari-Angle Clear View LCD, Sony A99 (limited turning LCD)
what are the odd / chances that the new Canon budget FF camera will have a turning LCD ??

any comments are welcome ...
Based on the rumor, it won't have an articulating screen. And that makes sense, since neither the 7D nor 5D series has it either.

Personally I'd prefer the articulating screen, but, I'm not expecting it

Well, that depends on which rumor you choose to believe. One says it does (NL) while the other says it doesn't (CR). I personally think it's a big feature and might entice the Rebel owners to upgrade. It is quite likely that the 6D's body will be less sturdy than the 7D and the 5D and more like the 60D so it makes sense for it to have features from the Rebel lineup; features that the 70D is likely to have. Then again, might be just wishful thinking on my part.
A nice big full-swivel screen on a decent full-frame would probably make the sale for me. I'm not so young and flexible anymore, and I never liked kneeling in the mud etc. The convenience is worth a lot!

Fingers crossed for the best LCD made, fully articulated, and on a decent Full-frame.

Otherwise the Nikon 6D with 14-24 2.8 ($2100 + 2000 = $4100) added in  is only a few hundred more than the 5DIII ($3500) without a lens!

It's getting pretty tempting to leave Canon. I never thought I'd say that!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2012, 07:48:58 PM »

Richard8971

• 7D
  • "There is no spoon" - Neo
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2012, 09:12:22 PM »

Um, well... I can't say I would agree with you on that. I have once said I will never, NEVER, switch to Nikon, ever, period! And I feel the same way today as I did then. :D

Anyway that being said, as beautiful of a camera the 5D2 is, it is due for an upgrade. I can only assume that Canon will blow the D600 away by making the best full frame "compact" DSLR anyone has ever seen! I just hope the rumors of a "cheaper" plastic body is false, like the one found on the 60D. Yuck! If it has a metal body like the 5D2 or 7D, I would have to consider buying one. :)

D

Canon 5D2, 7Dv2.03, 50D, 40D, T1i, XTi...XT (& lenses, flahses), various powershots... You get the idea... I have a problem. :)

Wife shoots Nikon, D7000, D7100, (lenses and flashes)... we constantly tease each other that our cameras are better than each others!

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »

Um, well... I can't say I would agree with you on that. I have once said I will never, NEVER, switch to Nikon, ever, period! And I feel the same way today as I did then. :D

Anyway that being said, as beautiful of a camera the 5D2 is, it is due for an upgrade. I can only assume that Canon will blow the D600 away by making the best full frame "compact" DSLR anyone has ever seen! I just hope the rumors of a "cheaper" plastic body is false, like the one found on the 60D. Yuck! If it has a metal body like the 5D2 or 7D, I would have to consider buying one. :)

D

Don't you like a REBEL FULL FRAME? :D

CanNotYet

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2012, 08:03:08 AM »
I actually believe the "FF Rebel" version is the most probable. A big brother to 60D would be logical, especially if you want it as "entry level".

Basically I think it will be a 60D with FF sensor (hopefully with 650D tech), and with upgraded AF (like the 7D system rumored). I hope for AFMA.

And I could see this one as cheaper than D600. If Canon released this at 1999$, It would be VERY interesting.

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2012, 08:18:21 AM »
I actually believe the "FF Rebel" version is the most probable. A big brother to 60D would be logical, especially if you want it as "entry level".

Basically I think it will be a 60D with FF sensor (hopefully with 650D tech), and with upgraded AF (like the 7D system rumored). I hope for AFMA.

And I could see this one as cheaper than D600. If Canon released this at 1999$, It would be VERY interesting.

I hope Canon can release it around $1700.  I hope Canon realizes that there will be lots of buyers depending on their price point.  If they can get a lot of people switch to FF, they can have a healthy profit in their lenses.

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2012, 08:21:09 AM »
And I could see this one as cheaper than D600.

Seeing the latest releases I doubt think the word "cheaper" exists in the Canon dictionary. But they did it once with 60d vs d7000 and at least acknowledged that the inferior product should cost less, and this actually was one deciding factors back when I bought my 60d (and Magic Lantern, of course).

If they can get a lot of people switch to FF, they can have a healthy profit in their lenses.

That's the catch! People wanting to save a few hundred $$$ on the camera body will likely probably buy Tamron and Sigma lenses and not something like the new IS-less 24-70. But maybe Canon will add a firmware feature to disable all 3rd party gear to lower the price :-p ?

taperoo2k

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »

D

Don't you like a REBEL FULL FRAME? :D

A Rebel Full Frame is the way for Canon to go at some point, but that all depends on when the cost of producing FF sensors comes down vs the EF-S lens market the rebels have. I can't see Canon selling an FF body at a loss in the hope of recouping the money by way of lens purchases and other accessories. Nikon can only really offer the D600 at that price because it's getting the sensors via Sony and scrimping everywhere else. Canon is in the same boat in a way, it has the sensors and the technology to produce a budget FF camera whenever they like. I tend to think they have been waiting for Nikon to pull the trigger on the D600 before they respond. Canon loves to steal Nikon's thunder quite often or at least the PR peeps do.

As for me ? I'll be sticking with Canon. While they do need to update the sensor technology (who really knows what's going in Canon's R&D departments), it's not that bad really. My 50D coupled with my L lenses produces some very good images. I do have an upgrade itch, but I'm waiting to see how Canon responds to Nikon before I take the plunge. 

If there is a budget FF camera from Canon, It won't surprise me if it's got a similar body construction to that of the 60D. If the plastic's good enough for glocks...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »

Marine03

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2012, 08:50:31 AM »
  It won't surprise me if it's got a similar body construction to that of the 60D. If the plastic's good enough for glocks...

Very good point taperoo2k.  Look at other industries and there are plastics used in all sorts of heavy duty applications like numerous guns and if it's good enough for guns it should be fine for a camera. Of course depending on the strength. 
6D, 450D(collecting dust), Nifty Fifty, 565EX Flash

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2012, 08:50:31 AM »