August 31, 2014, 04:49:59 AM

Author Topic: why no exposure mode visible in viewfinder eos 5 III ?  (Read 1714 times)

paul

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
why no exposure mode visible in viewfinder eos 5 III ?
« on: September 11, 2012, 05:51:08 PM »
After working with EOS 1 Ds mark I up to markIII for 10 years I've now switched to the EOS 5 mark III.A few differences in handling I find very annoying.
-you can't see which exposure mode you're using in the viewfinder!
-in A.P,S mode,when you lock exposure,you can't see how much you're under/over exposing in your new composition.
-and when switching from A to M mode for example, you'e aperture switches to the last one you used in M instead of the last one you used in A mode.This means that when switching between exposure modes in a given situation you have to adjust more then you would like.
-I also don't really like that the C1,C2,C3 function doesn't remember the changes you make during shooting (e.g..changing ISO) when the camera falls asleep.

My best handling camera ever was the EOS1D markII , best camera the 5 mark III (of course)

canon rumors FORUM

why no exposure mode visible in viewfinder eos 5 III ?
« on: September 11, 2012, 05:51:08 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: why no exposure mode visible in viewfinder eos 5 III ?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 08:15:30 PM »
Why?   Because it's a 5-series camera, not a 1-series camera.  You could say the same about AF point-linked spot metering, etc.

-I also don't really like that the C1,C2,C3 function doesn't remember the changes you make during shooting (e.g..changing ISO) when the camera falls asleep.

For this one, there's a simple solution.  Set the Auto update set. function on the Tools-4 tab to Enable (see p.333-4 in the manual for the settings that will be updated, ISO is among them).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

paul

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 03:31:34 AM »
thanks for that one.Still I'm in doubt whether to buy a second 5D because I like the fact  that it's small,and silent,or a 1DX,which means I have to carry different batteries and chargers etc.when traveling.

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 03:57:07 AM »
After working with EOS 1 Ds mark I up to markIII for 10 years I've now switched to the EOS 5 mark III.A few differences in handling I find very annoying.
-you can't see which exposure mode you're using in the viewfinder!
-in A.P,S mode,when you lock exposure,you can't see how much you're under/over exposing in your new composition.
-and when switching from A to M mode for example, you'e aperture switches to the last one you used in M instead of the last one you used in A mode.This means that when switching between exposure modes in a given situation you have to adjust more then you would like.

My best handling camera ever was the EOS1D markII , best camera the 5 mark III (of course)
Try pulling your head 1 inch from the camera and look at the top of the LCD, thats where i look for that info. Sure its nice to have all there in the viewfinder. Once its set it usually doesn't need adjusting. But the other thing is i often pull my camera from my face with the 1dm3. There are times where i adjust aperture or shutter till i see the settings are where i need them. Its funny, it isnt that mush for Canon to put it in the viewfinder but they don't because its not a 1D.
On another note, id like it so the program buttons would show you whether it is in manual, aperture, or shutter priority.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

paul

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 06:35:10 PM »
I just hate to take my eyes of the viewfinder when I'm concentrated on a photo.Maybe my perfect camera would be an EOS 3,handling and weather sealing of EOS1 ,but small as an EOS 5.In fact like the old EOS1V film camera without battery grip...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 06:35:10 PM »