August 20, 2014, 09:16:43 PM

Author Topic: EF-24-70II - Adorama  (Read 3874 times)

killswitch

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone heard when BH, Adorama or Amazon will ship 24-70 II?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 04:00:20 PM »
Amazon typically runs a couple of months behind on new high end photo items.  Adorama and B&H are among the first.  Small local shops also seem to be pretty fast.  They only order one at a time, and Canon seems to want to support them.

And the fear in this is that Amazon is supposed to be adding sales tax on all orders as of this Sunday. In CA in my area that's 9.75% or about an extra $225.  Its been a nice ride in the past, but those days are coming to an end. At this point, it makes sense to buy from your local brick & mortar store and skip the shipping costs.

Whaaa? Nooooo :'(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 04:00:20 PM »

MarkIII

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 06:08:41 PM »
I received mine yesterday from my local camera dealer Horn Photo in Fresno. I have had much better luck getting new releases from the local dealer than I have BH or Amazon. I no longer preorder from the big stores as the local dealers get their shipments first. I have my 5D3's a week before most folks.

+1

I fully believe on ordering from a local store. I could have had my 5dmkiii the night before it was. To be released, and I could have picked up my 24-70 yesterday. Sadly my schedule hasn't allowed me to get them on that first day.  Both times mine were the only ones the store received on initial shipment. You can guarantee I will order from them again in the future.

JPL_1020

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 08:54:34 PM »
I received mine yesterday from my local camera dealer Horn Photo in Fresno. I have had much better luck getting new releases from the local dealer than I have BH or Amazon. I no longer preorder from the big stores as the local dealers get their shipments first. I have my 5D3's a week before most folks.

+1

I fully believe on ordering from a local store. I could have had my 5dmkiii the night before it was. To be released, and I could have picked up my 24-70 yesterday. Sadly my schedule hasn't allowed me to get them on that first day.  Both times mine were the only ones the store received on initial shipment. You can guarantee I will order from them again in the future.

Meh... I would rather wait from the big internet retailers (Amazon/Adorama/ BH) especially if I have my current lens to shoot with. If you live here in CA, the tax that retailers charge you is already worth an accessory/s or a cheap prime lens. Just my 2 cents! ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:58:36 PM by JPL_1020 »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 08:54:34 PM »