October 24, 2014, 07:21:18 AM

Author Topic: My next Canon in my dreams  (Read 3805 times)

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
My next Canon in my dreams
« on: September 12, 2012, 03:48:35 AM »
They could make a mini 1Dx, thow FF in it and charge $4/$4,500 making it basically a beefed up 5dm3 but designed for sports with 8/10fps. Also allow the Grip attachment to use a 1d series battery for higher voltage output speeding up the focus system like a 1D, they could charge $600 for the grip then. They could always keep the 1dx tracking and face detection out like on the 5dm3. A 6D would however need to be under a 5dm3 so maybe this camera i mention should be a 3D or at least from a number level being 1 the highest level Canon camera and 5D second highest, maybe put something between them. I know this has prob been discussed and i did think the next 7d should be APS-H but this is something else entirely. The market needs this kind of camera. Canon should be in the process of fulfilling something like this i would think. Who cares if it takes some of the share from the 1dx, you want the premium camera you still get the 1dx. This type of camera would be the first to have the power of a 1d series camera by making the grip the extra source for its kick! Then for the wedding photog's like myself we can get by without that grip for weddings but when we need to shoot sports like i do then the grip makes sense to have. So at like $5100 people will struggle with the features and price over the 1dx. From a marketing standpoint people always want the middle package like wedding packages. They can't afford top but they don't want to go cheap either so this like how apple also prices and puts features in their products to force the difficulty it is pure genius to do so.
Sorry if i seem scatter brained its almost 4am lol.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

canon rumors FORUM

My next Canon in my dreams
« on: September 12, 2012, 03:48:35 AM »

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
Re: My next Canon in my dreams
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:50:10 PM »
LOL no one cares. ???
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 02:53:05 PM »
I too was looking for a camera priced around the 1D Mark IV (above the 5D3 but below the 1DX) but then I realized that Canon probably has already addressed their sports camera pretty heavily in the 1DX.  Just shooting a lot with it I'm realizing there isn't really a better camera out there in the world right now.  So, as you might have guessed, Canon will probably go for a direct 1Ds3 replacement, in my opinion, that will be priced where I thought, but not sports-oriented.  That's my guess.

And yes, we care  ;D
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

mirekti

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 02:58:21 PM »
LOL no one cares. ???

As an enthusiast I totally agree. I had a chance to buy 5D III from Adorama, but I didn't cos I still felt $2750 was a lot for improved AF and low light (don't use video). And I was almost right. Low light feature is available in 6D now, but it's crappy camera too.

People've been talking about how they want improved 5D mark II and they got 650D, 6D, and 5D III aka 5D II.3

However, I'll have to get me one in a few months time just to keep shooting.
M240 | 35mm FLE | 75mm Cron | 135mm APO

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 03:46:55 PM »
my dream Canon DSLR  must have the fallowing features:

- APS-H sensor with 20MP
- 8-10 fps
- at least 1Dmk4 AF
- weather sealed
- dual card slots ( CF and SD)
- Canon 1Dmk4 IQ and high ISO performance
- 7D size body/construction
- 5Dmk3 AFMA system
- Price: i will gladly pay $2500 for this camera

The other features like video, Wi-fi, GPS are just details that I'm not interested in

In one word this camera my be called Canon EOS 7Dmk2.

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 03:49:55 PM »

- APS-H sensor with 20MP
- 8-10 fps
- at least 1Dmk4 AF
- weather sealed
- 5Dmk3 AFMA system

The other features like video, Wi-fi, GPS are just details that I'm not interested in

You may gladly pay $2500 for that camera, but no one is going to give you one for $2500 :) :)
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

aznable

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 03:51:07 PM »

- APS-H sensor with 20MP
- 8-10 fps
- at least 1Dmk4 AF
- weather sealed
- 5Dmk3 AFMA system

2 compact flash please  ;)
Canon 1D Mark III - Canon 50D - sigma 24-70 EX DG - sigma 70-200 EX DG HSM OS - Sigma 50 Art

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 03:51:07 PM »

M249

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 04:02:36 PM »

- APS-H sensor with 20MP
- 8-10 fps
- at least 1Dmk4 AF
- weather sealed
- 5Dmk3 AFMA system

This is my dream sports/wild life camera. Please Canon make this happen!
5D3 | 24-105 4 L | 70-300 4-5.6 L | 50 1.4 | 85 1.8

aznable

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 04:06:12 PM »

you can buy a mk3/mk4 used and you dreams will be satisfied (with some hundreds grams more)
Canon 1D Mark III - Canon 50D - sigma 24-70 EX DG - sigma 70-200 EX DG HSM OS - Sigma 50 Art

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 04:06:58 PM »

- APS-H sensor with 20MP
- 8-10 fps
- at least 1Dmk4 AF
- weather sealed
- 5Dmk3 AFMA system

You may gladly pay $2500 for that camera, but no one is going to give you one for $2500 :) :)

I know, is only my dream camera....But... who know maybe Nikon will deliver those specs in a body ( with the exception of the APS-H sensor) and that ''dream'' camera will be called Nikon D400. Judging by the latest camera designs is not near impossible.

aznable

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 04:13:09 PM »

I know, is only my dream camera....But... who know maybe Nikon will deliver those specs in a body ( with the exception of the APS-H sensor) and that ''dream'' camera will be called Nikon D400. Judging by the latest camera designs is not near impossible.

on an aps-c sensor? with an high-iso performance worst than d800/d7000 and a subpar AF performance? naaahhh

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 02:54:44 AM »

you can buy a mk3/mk4 used and you dreams will be satisfied (with some hundreds grams more)
Already have a 1dm3, i want a new tech alternative. :D

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 02:56:05 AM »
Someone forgot to say put the 1dx sensor in it. We don't need a 20 mp sports camera.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 02:56:05 AM »

sheedoe

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 04:56:16 AM »
Speaking of a dream camera, when are they gonna start putting built in radio flash triggers in cameras? I much rather have that than gimmicks like wifi and gps.
Canon- 5D II x2 | 70D | 8-15mm f4L Fisheye | 16-35mm f/2.8L II | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 24mm f/1.4L II | 35mm f/1.4L | 50mm f/1.2L | 85mm f/1.2L II |100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | 600EX-RT x3 | 580EX II | ST-E3 RT | EOS M w/22mm Lens | Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 | Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 | GH4

Jotho

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 05:13:04 AM »
Ah, I wrote a long answer to your post, but then Firefox crashed... Just wanted to say that I already have my perfect camera in my 5D3 as it is so dynamic in it's capabilities for me. Whatever I ask it to do it always delivers. I am constantly learning new stuff from reading this forum, the manual and other sites. Currently I'm processing around 600 images from my latest trip to Vietnam and from those I can constantly learn new things.

As far as gear goes, I've found myself shooting a lot at the widest I have which is 24mm. I'm really in for adding the 16-35 to my lens line up.

I understand that you as a pro will find those details that would improve (or simplify) your work and I'm sure you will find something that meets your needs over time ( at least close enough). And for the new tech part of it, I can truly get it. New stuff is always fun!  8)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 05:13:04 AM »