With all these news coming out saying 7M2 or 5DM3 is coming out around the corner. Even if it comes out, it would be months or half a year away and then the first batch are usually the defected/testing cameras. You may have to wait another 6 months and see reviews for it. So maybe this process takes a year or so. Is it worth it? Should I go with a 7D2 or 5DM3? I know the prices are quite in fact high right now but I just don't know how long would these prices be and especially, summer is around and you need a DSLR to play around with? I was just hoping what are you feedbacks to this. How should I plan this out.
Just my personal opinion (based on watching prices the last 7 months) is that the a 7D2 won't have anything (whenever it may come out) that would be a deal breaker for picking one up now, but the prices are high. $1500-$1600 for the body feels reasonable, but stock is low for now. Probably won't see it come around for the end of the summer.
The 5DIII everyone says 'soon', but is that June soon, or "EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM" 'soon' (don't hold your breath).
Now, if you're planning on paying 5D3 cash, I'd say (again my opinion) find a deal on a T1i/T2i/T3i that is too good to pass up, and only pick up EF lenses that you plan on using on a 5D --- you'll either have a backup (or a loaner if you REALLY like your relatives) camera or be able to sell it, and the drop in price will be worth it's weight in rental fees.
I have a 60D that I really like, and, aside from faster FPS, the only thing I find I'd like out of the 7D is a full viewfinder instead of the 96% (going off memory there) coverage. So that may be an alternative consideration if you want to leave yourself open for better pricing.