September 19, 2014, 06:20:07 PM

Author Topic: Nikon D600 announced - $2100, let's see how Canon response!!!  (Read 32734 times)

kennephoto

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Nikon D600 announced - $2100, let's see how Canon response!!!
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »
Does a cameras age really matter? Sure the 7d is 3-4 years old but I got cameras that are 10-20 times older that still take a good picture. But for me a canon 7d and a canon 5d2 is an awesome combo and I'm gonna trade up to those! And now theres a new iPhone to be preordered tomorrow!!!
Canon 5d Mark II Canon 1D classic EOSM 20-35 2.8L 50 1.2L 135 2.0L 80-200 2.8L 40 Pancake and a bunch of old film cameras

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »

DianeK

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2012, 11:52:32 AM »
Personally, I'll never buy a camera that lacks AFMA.  Now, I'm not going to buy one, but the D600 does have AFMA.  If Canon omit that from an entry-level FF body (as the omitted it from the 60D, despite having it in the 50D), that will be a serious error, IMO.

I don't think the D600 has AFMA which is what will keep me from buying it. And if Canon does not put that feature in it's rumored 6D, then I won't be buying it either.
Diane

DianeK

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2012, 11:54:45 AM »
I, personally, will give Canon about a year to release a budget FF because am invested in the system. I don't need an FF that can track a fly flying towards me, a frame rate fast enough to capture a balloon exploding, or weather sealing tight enough I can take the camera diving. I do want better AF than a Rebel/60D (the 7D AF would do), AFMA, 5 FPS would be plenty, and a significant improvement in IQ over what any of those cameras can deliver. Better noise control at higher ISO levels (at least clean images @ 3200... please?) would be greatly appreciated. I will gladly pay two grand for such camera and promise to eventually buy a 24-70 MKII and whatever will replace the 430EXII.
Deal Canon?

Ditto!
Diane

marshall

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2012, 11:58:03 AM »
Canon cannot remove AFMA from a FF body. Most people going to FF are well aware of the importance of AFMA and probably owns some primes for which they had to use (or wish they had!) AFMA.

When my 50D went to camera heave I immediately ordered a 60D. Didn't bother to read the reviews/specifications/etc... just assumed it would be as good if not better than my 50D. I probably spent two ours going over the manual trying to find where AFMA was... of course there was no AFMA (incidentally, looking on the internet for *how to set AFMA in the 60D* was how I discovered this site).

Lack of AFMA made my 50/1.4 into a manual focus lens only (or live view if your subject had the patience). I returned the camera and got a T3i instead (the 7D was too expensive at the time). With the difference I bought a EF-S 60 macro, lovely little lens.

I miss my 50D and been awaiting eagerly for a 70D with AFMA. Not sure it will happen. However, now that I have the FF bug for my studio stuff am considering the D600... If I just hadn't fall in love with the MP-E 65...

rosw

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2012, 11:58:37 AM »
Hi

with D600 out (without Vari-Angle Clear View LCD, Sony A99 (limited turning LCD)
what are the odd / chances that the new Canon budget FF camera will have a turning LCD ??

any comments are welcome ...

dswatson83

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2012, 12:00:23 PM »
I, personally, will give Canon about a year to release a budget FF because am invested in the system. I don't need an FF that can track a fly flying towards me, a frame rate fast enough to capture a balloon exploding, or weather sealing tight enough I can take the camera diving. I do want better AF than a Rebel/60D (the 7D AF would do), AFMA, 5 FPS would be plenty, and a significant improvement in IQ over what any of those cameras can deliver. Better noise control at higher ISO levels (at least clean images @ 3200... please?) would be greatly appreciated. I will gladly pay two grand for such camera and promise to eventually buy a 24-70 MKII and whatever will replace the 430EXII.
Deal Canon?
Right on. I also want 2 SD slots rather than 1 which should be a given.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2012, 12:06:54 PM »
Personally, I'll never buy a camera that lacks AFMA.  Now, I'm not going to buy one, but the D600 does have AFMA.  If Canon omit that from an entry-level FF body (as the omitted it from the 60D, despite having it in the 50D), that will be a serious error, IMO.
I don't think the D600 has AFMA which is what will keep me from buying it.
Diane

I think you don't think so because you read DPR too much.   ::)  If that's the only thing stopping you...you should go ahead and order your D600.  It does have AFMA, just read the specs as listed by Nikon
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2012, 12:06:54 PM »

simonxu11

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2012, 12:08:17 PM »

I don't think the D600 has AFMA which is what will keep me from buying it. And if Canon does not put that feature in it's rumored 6D, then I won't be buying it either.
Diane
It does have AFMF or "Fine tuning" is called by Nikon

"Nikon Multi-CAM 4800 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection, fine-tuning"
http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d600/spec.htm

bbasiaga

• EOS M2
  • Canon Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2012, 12:21:09 PM »
Its funny the features that everyone considers 'necessary' or a body is 'DOA'.  There would have to be 1,000 versions of each model to make everyone happy.  :)  Or everyone would have to buy a 1Dx/Nikon Equivalent. 

A little lesson on how screwed up econonomics are:  someone said 'electronics are supposed to get cheaper...'  well, they do - but that doesn't mean the price has to go down.  Inflation is generally calculated on how much it costs to get what you paid for yester-year, in today's dollars.  Only, you can't get a new 1DII anymore, so they compare it to the next thing - say the 1DX.  Its more?  Yes, but it offers more features.  So they determine the relative value, and guess what, its only really 2% more, or in some cases its less.  Buy a car in 1990?  A nice Lexus for $20k?  That same one costs $40k now?  But wait...look at all those safety systems, bells, whistles, buzzers, and knick knaks the '90 model didn't have.  Lo and behold, the new one is actually the same price - from an inflationary/technological stanpoint.  That is how the calculation works.  Its how stuff is 50% more expensive now, but inflation has been 'very low' for a 'long time'.  Its also why food isn't included in inflationary costs.  Your potato today has no technological advantage over the one from 20yrs ago, but its still twice as expensive.  What would the world's governments have to do about that if that was part of inflation?

So companies think that way.  They don't want to provide better prices, they want to provide better value for the price.  And that can occur at a higher price point as long as the 'value' allows it to.  That is exactly what happened with the 5DIII.  It has a LOT more features than the II.  And therefore a lot more Value.  So it is 'fairly priced' in the eye of the seller.  Its up to us to validate the value calculation buy either buying or not buying the stuff.

-Brian

DianeK

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2012, 12:21:36 PM »

It does have AFMF or "Fine tuning" is called by Nikon

"Nikon Multi-CAM 4800 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection, fine-tuning"
http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d600/spec.htm

I stand corrected, and gladly...this camera has now become more desirable to me as I am not that invested in Canon glass that I couldn't switch.
Diane

DianeK

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2012, 12:26:40 PM »
I think you don't think so because you read DPR too much.   ::) 
Busted  ;)

hyles

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2012, 12:31:02 PM »
I think it is nearly impossible to compare price of 5DIII and d800. beside the cost of producing the camera, there are many othere causes we don't even know about to bring up cost.
Least but not last, d800 has a newly developed sensor, with AF and meccanical part allready used in d3, d700, d3x, d4, . 5DIII is a completly new camera, with a new sensor, new AF, new body. This may be one of the reason of a higher price for the camera.
Diego

marinien

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2012, 12:45:52 PM »
I think you don't think so because you read DPR too much.   ::) 
Busted  ;)

Thanks neuro! I was the first in this thread who talked about no AFMA with the D600  :-[
7D | EF-S 17-55 | EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro | 580EX II | Benro C3780T + Markins M20

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2012, 12:45:52 PM »

theqspeaks

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2012, 12:46:59 PM »
Deal Canon?

Ditto!
Diane

Ditto ditto!
Q

Musouka

« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
While it's talking about the iPhone 5, I think it somehow applies to Canon as well.

If you think the iPhone 5 is boring, I've got bad news for you. The iPhone 6 will be, too. And the iPhone 7, and every iPhone after that. Minor aesthetic variations on the same well-loved theme. They'll also, in all likelihood, be fantastic.

The only thing that will change the iPhone's design is a dramatic decline in iPhone market share, but that doesn't seem in the offing. Not any time soon, anyway. It takes years to slow down a juggernaut.

So get comfortable with your boring iPhone and your boring iPad and your boring MacBook Air. They're that way because they have to be. Because we want them to be. Because it's the only way that makes sense.

The Worst Thing About the iPhone 5 Is Also the Most Brilliant

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »