July 30, 2014, 10:27:47 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?  (Read 65867 times)

DB

Re: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2012, 11:01:05 AM »

if you want better quality it comes at a higher cost.....

No it does not!   i.e. D800
Fanboys, irrationals and blinds may whine as much as they want, it's as simple as that!

What are you smoking? My 7D cost 1000 euros, the D800 is nearly 3x that price where I live! That's a higher cost in everybody's language - the language of numbers

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2012, 11:01:05 AM »

jojolemerou

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2012, 11:02:02 AM »
40D autofocus is good enough for me with only 9 points.
• 9-point TTL CMOS sensor
• Points cross-type for F5.6 or faster lens
• Center point additionally sensitive with lenses of F2.8 or faster

Do you think that the 6D autofocus with 11pt could be better or same as the 40D ?

If so the 6D as described today is ok for me.

yoho

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2012, 11:03:56 AM »
1/4000s  flash syn
11AF Points...
single SD slot...

how can it compete with Nikon D600...

simonxu11

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2012, 11:04:01 AM »
These specs look so lame they are actually believable especially for an upcoming Canon camera.  ;D  ;D Canon is just so good in crippling their entry level cameras...

For me, this is CR2.5
If this spec is true, then Canon achieves something extraordinary in crippling, nobody can beat them ;D ;D

lola

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2012, 11:04:47 AM »
What are you smoking? My 7D cost 1000 euros, the D800 is nearly 3x that price where I live! That's a higher cost in everybody's language - the language of numbers

Marlboro Lights, why?

7D & D800 are in different leagues, please be rational...
20D, 40D, 5D, 5D Mark II, 1DX, D800 EF 17-40mm. f/4.0 L USM, EF 70-200mm. f/2.8 L USM, EF 24-105mm. f/4 L IS USM, EF 100mm. f/2.8 L IS USM Macro, AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm. f/2.8 G ED VR II, AF Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D

bp

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2012, 11:07:22 AM »
11 AF Points, f/2.8 Cross-type in the center

Weak.  Very weak.

UHhhhh, yeah, wtf.  11?!?!
5D3 - 5D2 - 7D - T2i   | 24L II | 35L | 85L II | 100L | 135L | 24-105L | 70-200 IS II | Shorty Forty | 50 1.4 | Bower 14 | Rokkor 58mm f/1.2 | 2x III

DB

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2012, 11:07:38 AM »

Marlboro Lights, why?

7D & D800 are in different leagues, please be rational...

I am 100% rational : you pay more money for a better camera with more MP, higher ISO range etc.

You are irrational stating that the Nikon D800 is better quality for no additional cost. It is one of the most expensive cameras that Nikon sells (apart from their flagship model the D4)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2012, 11:07:38 AM »

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2012, 11:09:32 AM »
No 17 cross type AF points?

Prepare for failure canon.

Disagree. When the 5DMkII disappears, this will be an appealing camera if upgrading from APS-C, save possibly for 7d owners.

I hold to my statement. Whats to stop someone from just buying the MK2 used when the new version may only have marginally better AF? For More $$$, With more than likely the same sensor tech? Hmm?

Because the way it's written "11 AF Points, f/2.8 Cross-type in the center." Its Implying that One AF point will be crosstype. If its 60D like AF with 9 Points, Its equal to the nikon. If it has 17 Point 7D-like AF, I have a reason to buy it over the nikon.

Unless the price is right, It will flop compared to nikon.

DianeK

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2012, 11:11:14 AM »
Yup!

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »
Excellent example, K. I would add that you need outer focus points that you can rely on. That's what makes the 5D3, 1Dx, etc. so valuable.

I believe most people who do not shoot professionally never go beyond the center focus point. Probably 75% simply take center-focused pictures. Maybe 15% focus and recompose sometimes. Canon surely realizes this, however number of AF points is a magical comparison point the marketers and media use to manipulate buyers.

The amateur can get away with tossing half his pictures due to OOF. If you get one good picture out of 10 while chasing kids around or shooting a car race, that's fine. There's no real cost to pushing the shutter button and later deleting a file. The pro has to make more shots count. Look at all the wedding photographers now swooning over the 5D3 -- so many more keepers, and it's due to AF they never experienced before.

While folks on this forum can claim the AF spec on this possible product is "weak," it's probably all that is needed for the intended buyer. And if they can get the margins right, retailers will move them to this product.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but why does one need 60+ autofocus points?  I keep my camera set to the center focus.  Focus, frame.  That's how I learned to operate a camera. Am I doing it wrong?

Perhaps you are doing no wrong for your type of photography... but let me ask you, have you taken portraits with a really fast prime? You cannot use focus/recompose since the DoF is tiny so you need outer focus points to target the eyes ... it is very important for those types of photographers.
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2012, 11:13:03 AM »
No 17 cross type AF points?

Prepare for failure canon.

Disagree. When the 5DMkII disappears, this will be an appealing camera if upgrading from APS-C, save possibly for 7d owners.

I hold to my statement. Whats to stop someone from just buying the MK2 used when the new version may only have marginally better AF? For More $$$, With more than likely the same sensor tech? Hmm?

Because the way it's written "11 AF Points, f/2.8 Cross-type in the center." Its Implying that One AF point will be crosstype. If its 60D like AF with 9 Points, Its equal to the nikon. If it has 17 Point 7D-like AF, I have a reason to buy it over the nikon.

Agree... there will be plenty 5dii's available in the used market in great condition for people to buy who are ok with center point AF. Unfortunately Canon will lose people like DianeK who are on the margins...

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:14:59 AM by K-amps »
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

DB

« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2012, 11:13:30 AM »

Do you think that the 6D autofocus with 11pt could be better or same as the 40D ?

You are the potential customer that Canon Inc. is targeting, so like many others have also said here today, this would certainly be an upgrade for a xxD or xxxD user, whether the price is okay or not remains to be seen.

Canon has sold more lenses since the middle of 2008 (> 40 million) till now than they did in their entire history before that. Likewise they've sold more than 30 million DSLR bodies and back in 2006 that figure was a little more than 20 million - ergo there are many more 40D (and xxxD/xxD) users out there than there are xD DSLR owners and these are the potential customers that Canon will target with their budget-FF whether or not it will be this rumored 6D spec.

mitch.o

« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2012, 11:14:25 AM »

Wait, the 40D came out over 5 years ago. Is anyone else here okay with a BRAND NEW camera with the same specifications as a 5 year old camera? I'm not particularly pleased with that.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2012, 11:14:25 AM »

daniel_charms

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2012, 11:20:15 AM »
This is probably fake, but if true the max price would be $1.5k.

I agree.. 1500 MAX!

I'm getting a slight deja vu here and I wonder why. Hmm, must be because of all those countless forum threads about how the d600 should be/should have been $1,500 max.

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with these specs, other than that maybe the MP should have been a bit higher. I think it's pretty clear that this camera is meant to be the full frame counterpart to the 7D, meant for studio and lanscape photography, rather than wildlife or action shots; hence the slightly lower-specced AF, but also the built-in Wi-Fi (for the budding studio photographer) and GPS.

dtaylor

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2012, 11:22:23 AM »
Of course we have to wait and see what Canon produces, but...

I'm getting a little annoyed with how Canon is positioning and pricing their models. Throughout the 2000's Canon had the better digital bodies, period. Their lineup made sense and they often out did Nikon on features AND had the better sensors.

Now on the FF side Nikon has the better bodies. On the APS-C side Canon's bodies are stronger, and quite frankly the sensor differences aren't nearly as important as they are made out to be. But the Nikon (i.e. Sony) sensors do have an edge. (There is one patent that is leading to the DR/noise differences and Canon absolutely has to work around it some how.) When you have that situation, you do not let your competition beat you on features or price.

It would have made more sense for Canon to release the 5D3 at $2k, and a 45 MP FF body at $3k. That would have been competitive with Nikon's lineup despite the sensor differences. Instead we get a $3500 (!) "half resolution" 5D3 to compete with the D800, and something on the low end that is feature-crippled compared to the D600. Really Canon?

I would hate to jump ship. I love Canon's lens lineup. And for all the times we hear some Nikon fan say online that their UI is better, I have found that I hate their UI. IMHO Canon has the better UI hands down.

But I have no interest in the 5D3. And if these are the specs for the 6D, I'll have no interest in that either. I have a sinking feeling their high resolution FF will end up being a super expensive 1D-something.

Come on Canon! What happened to the team that was planning bodies during the 2000's? What idiots did you put in charge since then?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2012, 11:22:23 AM »