April 20, 2014, 03:11:03 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?  (Read 60494 times)

floex712

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2012, 11:53:01 AM »
mhm..... bit for bit the D600 seems like the better deal.. not?

first time i hear they will use a new 20MP FF sensor.

not the 7D AF? some kind of rebel AF?

to be honest i think this is 100% pure nonsense.

I hear you, I could deal with a 7D with a modern processor and sensor. However, a featureless–to me–T4i with 2 bonus AF points isn't got me jumping up and down, it's got me thinking of jumping ship.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2012, 11:53:01 AM »

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »
Whew, this is getting confusing.  I know lenses are more important than the body but only those knowledgeable will realize that.  Newbies will always opt for the best body they can get because of the hype.  Before you know it, they're invested in the system already.  Should I fear that one day, Canon system won't be as popular as before?  It happened with Kodak, IBM and Pepsi.  Will it happen again?

RLPhoto

• 1D X
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2012, 11:55:55 AM »
11 AF Points, f/2.8 Cross-type in the center

Weak.  Very weak.

No kidding! If Canon releases this, they deserve to lose customers and sales. This makes the whole entire rumor sound bogus...I don't think Canon would gimp their D600 competitor so much.

Only if the the entry price would be 1299$.  :o That would stun the world.
24LII - 50L - 135L
---------------------------------
www.RamonLperez.com

Zlatko

« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »
But here's to greed. There is dumb greed and smart greed.  Smart greed would sell this body and a near cost level and rake in the cash selling the rebel upgraders new "EF" lenses... You need to make people switch to an eco-system. 

...and in the mean time... work on a new sensor . (not same sensor tech with added contrast AF circuitry)

Canon is a Bear... set in its ways. Hopefully new people can bring about good change.... the Change I see in Nikon these days.
Ok, you think Canon is greedy.  You don't like their motivations.  You don't like their people.  You don't like their sensors or their direction in new products.  You don't like their product philosophy.  They "cripple" their products and "milk" their customers.  Other manufacturers are "smarter" and presumably more altruistic and saintly, delivering more & better product for less money.  So why the heck do you still use Canon?

dadgummit

• Rebel SL1
  • Canon FT-QL
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2012, 11:58:19 AM »
Whew, this is getting confusing.  I know lenses are more important than the body but only those knowledgeable will realize that.  Newbies will always opt for the best body they can get because of the hype.  Before you know it, they're invested in the system already.  Should I fear that one day, Canon system won't be as popular as before?  It happened with Kodak, IBM and Pepsi.  Will it happen again?

Yeah, the only thing keeping me in Canon is my lenses.  If I was starting out right now I would totally go Nikon.  Not just because the bodies are better right now but for the reason that Nikon seems to understand what the consumer wants better than Canon. 

RLPhoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »
BTW, Samples from the D600 Here.

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/reviewsamples/photos/2210312/dsc_3952?inalbum=nikon-d600-preview-samples

Lets hope canon doesn't become another Kodak. :-X
24LII - 50L - 135L
www.RamonLperez.com

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »
Really? So much over-reaction to rumored specs. Are we going to have to endure the same months and months of endless whining that occurred when the 5DIII was released?

Whatever Canon releases will be comparably spec'd and comparably priced to the 600D. It won't be identical, but comparable enough to compete, which is what this is all about.

As for the rumored specs, people seem to be reading them in the worst possible light. They describe a camera that is weather-sealed, has some magnesium framework (like the 600D), a slightly better autofocus than the 5DII, a slightly better frame rate and the latest processor. It is introduced at a price that is about $600-$700 less than the 5DII was introduced at. Is that so horrible?

We know nothing about the sensor itself, which means we know nothing about the quality of the images. Would opinions change if the camera performs at high ISO somewhere between the 5DII and the 5DIII?

Reminds me of the complaints when the 60D came out. People wanted all the 7D features for $1,000. Now people want the 5DIII features at $2,000.

This is 2012.  Nikon and Sony laid out their cards.  If Canon can't go with it, they'll continue to lose.  The technology of 5DII is much cheaper now thus the expectations on a cheaper FF.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »

floex712

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2012, 12:02:50 PM »
My two cents, the Nikon D600 is looking better period. Now I am waiting for final specs and testing of each camera before making my decision but if it looks this grim, I am jumping ship.

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2012, 12:03:24 PM »
But here's to greed. There is dumb greed and smart greed.  Smart greed would sell this body and a near cost level and rake in the cash selling the rebel upgraders new "EF" lenses... You need to make people switch to an eco-system. 

...and in the mean time... work on a new sensor . (not same sensor tech with added contrast AF circuitry)

Canon is a Bear... set in its ways. Hopefully new people can bring about good change.... the Change I see in Nikon these days.
Ok, you think Canon is greedy.  You don't like their motivations.  You don't like their people.  You don't like their sensors or their direction in new products.  You don't like their product philosophy.  They "cripple" their products and "milk" their customers.  Other manufacturers are "smarter" and presumably more altruistic and saintly, delivering more & better product for less money.  So why the heck do you still use Canon?

Because he's invested on the system.  As consumers, we have the right to demand thus the gripe over Canon. 

pakosouthpark

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2012, 12:06:29 PM »

nah, 1799 the lowest! probably looking at 2199!  :-\
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:33:30 PM by pakosouthpark »

RLPhoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »

[/quote]

But If canon could really stretch there production facility's to to get an insane price like that, It would stun the world! No-one would buy the nikon, and canon could sell it with a kit for 1799$ and body for 1299$!
24LII - 50L - 135L
www.RamonLperez.com

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2012, 12:14:20 PM »

But If canon could really stretch there production facility's to to get an insane price like that, It would stun the world! No-one would buy the nikon, and canon could sell it with a kit for 1799$ and body for 1299$!
[/quote]

Maybe if they can move their manufacturing in China... On second-thought, maybe other Asian countries.  I still don't trust chinese items.

mattneto

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »
So when are they going to actually announce something? Is there a date for a press event? I feel like they shouldn't really wait around now that the press has their hands on the D600.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »

Chuck Alaimo

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Chuck Alaimo Photography
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2012, 12:34:20 PM »
Really? So much over-reaction to rumored specs. Are we going to have to endure the same months and months of endless whining that occurred when the 5DIII was released?

Whatever Canon releases will be comparably spec'd and comparably priced to the 600D. It won't be identical, but comparable enough to compete, which is what this is all about.

As for the rumored specs, people seem to be reading them in the worst possible light. They describe a camera that is weather-sealed, has some magnesium framework (like the 600D), a slightly better autofocus than the 5DII, a slightly better frame rate and the latest processor. It is introduced at a price that is about $600-$700 less than the 5DII was introduced at. Is that so horrible?

We know nothing about the sensor itself, which means we know nothing about the quality of the images. Would opinions change if the camera performs at high ISO somewhere between the 5DII and the 5DIII?

Reminds me of the complaints when the 60D came out. People wanted all the 7D features for $1,000. Now people want the 5DIII features at $2,000.

I agree and disagree.  As someone considering upgrading my 7d backup body to something that can perform a little closer to what my mk3 can do, this specs (while yes, a rumor) makes me take it right off the list. 

With the d600 now official, none of these specs come anywhere near matching it.  It sounds more like a less than $1500 camera.  If it was the mk3 sensor, I could maybe stomach this because even with less functionality I'd know I can get good shots up to 12,800.  But on a new sensor?  Makes no sense. 

I agree with most who think this is bogus, and yeah, maybe it's intentionally bogus (leak misinformation to drive both mk2 and mk3 sales), then announce a body that is more on par.  Remember --- with spec leaks like this ---whose looking at them?  Is it the rebel owner, or is it the more serious folk?   Most of the typical consumers won't follow the rumors, they won't even notice the announcement - they will only care when its on the shelf at the local best buy.  The more serious users are the ones that keep track of the rumors and plan their purchases based on releases (those that have hit the edge of the capabilities of the current equipment).  Intentional misinformation!  Leak it out, then all those on APC considering FF may become so disgusted that they won't wait, they will either snag a 5d2 (canon wants those off their hands), or, bite the bullet and grab a mk3.

intentional or not, these specs seem bogus.  Or, maybe canon has a few tricks up their sleeve ---maybe they intend on releasing a few FF bodies -- and this spec list is actually for a 70d?  Save the 22mp sensor and the 21-45 point AF system for the actual 6d?  I don't know.  What I do know is that if this is real, I'd hate to be part of canon's marketing team trying to find a way to hype this camera, cause as the rumor stands, it kind of sucks. 

Owns 5Dmkiii, 16-35mm, 24-70mm, 70-200mm, 50mm 1.4, 85 mm 1.8, 580 EXII, 2 430 EX's

Canon-F1

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »
there was a BIG mistake....

these are the Canon Eos 70D specs.... with an 20MP APS-C sensor.   :P
6D, 5D MK2, 7D, 550D... a lot of Glass.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »