August 27, 2014, 11:09:26 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?  (Read 66867 times)

DB

Re: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2012, 12:37:37 PM »
Any Rebel or xxD owner would be faced with a choice between the new 6D FF or the old tech 7D with little or no upgrade in IQ from what they were previously using.
Depending on what the Rebel or xxD owner used before, both 60D and 7D still offer an upgrade in IQ. Owning a 450D/XSi, I am currently considering the 60D/70D/7D as a replacement and I can tell you, the 18 MP Sensor of the 60D/7D is a big improvement over the 12 MP Sensor of the 450D.

I believe you misunderstood what I wrote: I said that a 550 or 60D owner would have the option of:

(a) 20MP new FF sensor of proposed 6D

OR

(b) 18MP old APS-C sensor of 7D

Therefore my point was, moving from 18MP 550D to 18MP 7D (as I have done) would now be complicated by the additional choice of having the 6D i the lineup for a few hundred bucks more than the 7D. Then it becomes a choice of 'new' FF tech versus old 'existing' 7D tech. I was not referring to 12MP Rebels, but the same logic holds true for a 450D user - do they pony up for a 6D or save $250 (Japanese website says $1900 for 6D i.e. $200 below Nikon D600) and buy a current 7D model and get less of an upgrade in IQ, cos' a 20MP FF with 6.6 micron pixels will trounce a 7D sensor with 4.7 micron pixel pitch (that's one-third more light gathering ability per pixel).

stewy

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2012, 12:38:55 PM »
I currently have the 40D and think $3500 is too high for the 5D3, $2800 would have been ideal and $3000 the most; especially with the D800 out there in the wild. So I'm waiting for the 5D4. Now here comes the rumored 6D. Based on the spec I'm thinking that I'll get a used 5D2 while I wait for a 5D4. If Canon released a high MP camera (around 40MP), I'd most likely get that and get the 24-70 f2.8 II if it doesn't already come bundled. I can only hope that if the 6D turns out like the rumors, it causes the price of the 5D2 to fall to around $1000.

erwinrm

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2012, 12:39:01 PM »
then perhaps Rebel-users would be prepared to part with 2 grand for a body like this?
Don't think so... "Rebel-Users" mostly upgrade to something 'bout $900-1500 and I can't see them spending $1999 + Lenses (since most own EF-S-lenses anyway).

Yup, that sounds about right.  I'm a rebel user that upgraded to a 7D.  I don't have a problem with the T2i IQ, but it was a pain to catch action shots.  I usually have to pre-focus at a certain distance and wait for the subject to get there.  As for IQ, I have a few 20" x 30" prints and they look just fine to me.

Just my opinion here, but I think most rebel users, like me, already think the IQ is excellent.  If I didn't have to shoot sports/action, I'd be perfectly happy with my $650 T2i.  Great stills, plus excellent video to boot.
620 | XT | T2i | 7D

DB

« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2012, 12:53:19 PM »
I agree with most who think this is bogus, and yeah, maybe it's intentionally bogus (leak misinformation to drive both mk2 and mk3 sales), then announce a body that is more on par.  Remember --- with spec leaks like this ---whose looking at them?  Is it the rebel owner, or is it the more serious folk?   Most of the typical consumers won't follow the rumors, they won't even notice the announcement - they will only care when its on the shelf at the local best buy.  The more serious users are the ones that keep track of the rumors and plan their purchases based on releases (those that have hit the edge of the capabilities of the current equipment).  Intentional misinformation!  Leak it out, then all those on APC considering FF may become so disgusted that they won't wait, they will either snag a 5d2 (canon wants those off their hands), or, bite the bullet and grab a mk3.

intentional or not, these specs seem bogus.  Or, maybe canon has a few tricks up their sleeve ---maybe they intend on releasing a few FF bodies -- and this spec list is actually for a 70d?  Save the 22mp sensor and the 21-45 point AF system for the actual 6d?  I don't know.  What I do know is that if this is real, I'd hate to be part of canon's marketing team trying to find a way to hype this camera, cause as the rumor stands, it kind of sucks.

Agree with your point about Rebel owner as being likely target for such a camera, but what's bogus about Canon Inc. leaking a story about proposed specs + price? Do you not think that Canon's marketing people are reading this blog today? You can bet they are. You and everyone else has said today that $1500 is an okay price for such a camera body, but Canon has high-balled a $1900 speculative price. Now they can come in at $1650 or $1750 with such a camera at launch, discontinue the 5D2, and watch their sales go through the roof as every Rebel enthusiast with some decent EF lenses (let's face it many of them have L glass) would bite at a FF DSLR body that cost just a couple of hundred bucks more than the current 7D.

The serious camera owners, will wait for a 7D2 for $2250 or $2500 or they'll wait for the 5D3 price to fall to $2750 and then they'll get one of those new or used.

jfretless

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2012, 12:55:47 PM »
I call this BS. 

Sounds like someone wanted to add fuel to the post D600 announcement fire.  Went down the D600 spec list and downgraded it.  Then said, "Wait, nobody is going to believe it... We have to make something sound good.  Let's add built in wifi and gps."

floex712

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »
I went to the DP Review link some else posted earlier on this forum. The high ISO/Low Light performance of the D600 is looking VERY strong. Assuming those 6400 ISP shots are straight out of the camera without any post, it 's looking like a real performer. The images as ISO 6400–again, assuming no post–are very usable, with some post they're looking like VERY USABLE images. I really hope none of these specs for the Canon 6D are real or else Canon is losing me as a user. This spec list is scary and a REALLY BIG disappointment.

DB

« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2012, 01:01:35 PM »
I call this BS. 

Sounds like someone wanted to add fuel to the post D600 announcement fire.  Went down the D600 spec list and downgraded it.  Then said, "Wait, nobody is going to believe it... We have to make something sound good.  Let's add built in wifi and gps."

Well why hasn't someone from Canon Inc. denounced this new product rumour as fake. Whether or not it is just a false story or not does not detract from the apparent demand from Canon shooters for a more affordable FF DSLR body, especially now that their biggest competitor NIKON has just launched a FF camera for a smidgen over 2 grand (US$).

The speculation will not cease merely because you (and many others I presume) believe this to be a crackpot leaked story. Speculation will continue until the day of the Canon press release announcing their new budget FF sensor DSLR.

Canon-F1

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »
I call this BS. 

exactly my thoughts :)
6D, 5D MK2, 7D, 550D... a lot of Glass.

Canon-F1

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2012, 01:07:14 PM »
Well why hasn't someone from Canon Inc. denounced this new product rumour as fake.

show us when canon has done that in the past!

how long do you read here.. canon will not do that.
they have never reacted to such rumors.
6D, 5D MK2, 7D, 550D... a lot of Glass.

stipotle

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2012, 01:08:39 PM »
1. Currently use xxxD or xxxxD series wants to upgrade to full frame:  Go fo Nikon D600
Only if you haven't invested into lenses. Investing into Nikon lenses would be more expensive as well and lenses are imo more important than the body.

You are forgetting that if you currently using xxxD or xxxxD, you are likely using EF-S lens(es) and will need to invest in new glass no matter what FF you upgrade to. (Unless you are a Nikon DX user - in that case they made accommodations in the D600 crop mode)

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2012, 01:09:07 PM »
This must be a joke. This is almost a downgraded 5DMkII !!!!

simonxu11

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2012, 01:10:19 PM »
Now digicame-info got two pictures of 6D
http://digicame-info.com/2012/09/eos-6d-20.html

cliffwang

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2012, 01:10:28 PM »
if this is true the camera is a big dissapointment....
Cheap, economy cameras are always a big disappointment to people who need something better.  And high end, expensive cameras are always a big disappointment to people who want something cheaper.  So every new camera is a big disappointment to someone.  If it's not designed for their specific needs and budget, then it's a big disappointment.   There is no way to please everyone.  That's why they make some ten DLSR models — each of them is not a big disappointment to someone.

Clearly you are new to this forum. Such rational logic will not be tolerated! :)

Yes and no.  You have to know here is CANON rumor website.  Most people here are royal Canon users.  Not only that, most of them are PRO and making money by their gears.  That's why you always see a gap between some people.  The only problem is many people post like "+1000", "It doesn't worse",  and "That's the best" WITHOUT any reason.  IMO, those kind posts cannot really help people much.
Canon 5D3 | Samyang 14mm F/2.8 | Sigma 50mm F/1.4 | Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 VC | Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS MK2 | Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro L | Canon Closed-up 500D | 430EX | Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300 | Manfrotto Tripod

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2012, 01:12:37 PM »
Now digicame-info got two pictures of 6D
http://digicame-info.com/2012/09/eos-6d-20.html

Nice. The 6D is quite handsome.  ;D

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »
But here's to greed. There is dumb greed and smart greed.  Smart greed would sell this body and a near cost level and rake in the cash selling the rebel upgraders new "EF" lenses... You need to make people switch to an eco-system. 

...and in the mean time... work on a new sensor . (not same sensor tech with added contrast AF circuitry)

Canon is a Bear... set in its ways. Hopefully new people can bring about good change.... the Change I see in Nikon these days.
Ok, you think Canon is greedy.  You don't like their motivations.  You don't like their people.  You don't like their sensors or their direction in new products.  You don't like their product philosophy.  They "cripple" their products and "milk" their customers.  Other manufacturers are "smarter" and presumably more altruistic and saintly, delivering more & better product for less money.  So why the heck do you still use Canon?

Because he's invested on the system.  As consumers, we have the right to demand thus the gripe over Canon.

;)
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii