November 23, 2014, 05:17:11 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?  (Read 71439 times)

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
Re: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2012, 01:49:10 PM »
No 17 cross type AF points? Prepare for failure canon.

Maybe that's a mistranslation and it's one sub-f2.8 sensitive cross like on the 60d and then 16 normal cross? If not is has to be a joke.

Anyway, if the rumor is true, then it is a new sensor.  Canon already makes excellent sensors, so how often do they need to "rework" their sensors?

I guess this sensor features af phase detect pixels like on the 650d. And 20mp makes sense for Canon marketing - less than 5d2 and 5d3, and I guess you'll only get cps silver for this body in Europe unlike the "pro" 5d versions.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2012, 01:49:10 PM »

Chuck Alaimo

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Chuck Alaimo Photography
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »
this spe list also does not have a CR0,1,2,3 rating either.....  hmmmmmm
Owns 5Dmkiii, 6D, 16-35mm, 24mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85 mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8 macro, 1-600RT, 2 430 EX's, 1 video light

bbasiaga

• EOS M2
  • Canon Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »
So what would everyone think if this was the 70D instead of a 6d?  Less flaming?  More? 

I think the true spec of the AF (how many cross type) needs to be confirmed, the presenc of AFMA, and the actual body construction and designation (how many x's before the D).  11 pages of flames, woes, and system jumping could all be for naught!

-Brian

DB

« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2012, 02:05:37 PM »
@ Chuck Alaimo

I hear what you're saying, it does not gel with me either, new features that all appear to be compromised or held back in some way and your analogy that it would look like a FF Rebel is certainly not lost on most people here, but look at the 5D3 vs D800 specification talk prior to official launch -> nobody had the 5D mk III sensor pegged at anything under 27MP, plus the price talk was centered around $2900 and not 20% above that level (the actual outcome), yet it happened anyway.

Personally I hope this camera with this spec list does not materialize, but try and look at it from Canon's perspective:-

(1) they cannot launch a budget FF camera that has a higher MP count than the current 5D3 (the 1DX is different as this is all about sports/action/paparazzi etc.) so that really limits the megapixel count of the sensor

(2) Canon are prepared to use the new DIGIC5+ processor, big ISO range (100 to 25,600), reasonable fps etc.

(3) Keeping the shutter speed and flash sync rate similar to what Rebel users are already used to as well as allowing them to re-use their existing SD memory cards

(4) an adequate AF system that is better than the standard 9-point system that most crop sensor camera users are presently used to

(5) pricing it a couple of hundred bucks more than the current 7D (or old 5D2), because it will be a new FF sensor camera

Most of us here on this forum are looking either backwards (from a 1D, 5D or even 7D perspective) or forwards from a Rebel or xxD viewpoint (tainted by the aspiration or desire to one-day own a FF body with all of the extra features found in the xD series), whereas Canon are just ticking boxes, plus prioritizing those boxes as they see fit (from a marketing perspective as they wish to sell the optimal quantity) to satisfy the masses.

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2012, 02:05:45 PM »
11 pages of flames, woes, and system jumping could all be for naught!

I don't see all posts as flaming, but the reactions reflect enthusiasts' concerns to be left behind Nikon or pay at least $1000 more per lens or camera body. I share these concerns.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:19:27 PM by Marsu42 »

JBL

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2012, 02:06:14 PM »
cpw has an image of the 6D.

daniel_charms

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »
It looks pretty good to me. If it's a fake (and I don't think it is),

how is you photoshop experience?

;)

Don't have any, and my track record of spotting fakes hasn't been quite spotless, either (The first leaked images of the Nikon d800 seemed totally fake to me, yet turned out to be real). But the reason why I think it's not a fake is because there's so many little things that set it apart from other EOS cameras of similar size: there's no pop-up flash and no white spot on the lens mount, so it doesn't look like a 60d or a 7d; it's smaller than a 5d and the large dof preview button is missing; the rubber flaps on the side don't match any existing camera. So if it is a photoshop job, it's a clever one, since there's so many differences from other cameras, yet there's no obvious signs of a cut-and-paste job.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »

ssrdd

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2012, 02:11:16 PM »
I strongly hope there will be stupid H.264 codec and without HDMI out put.
plus its expensive on the name of full frame.

canon is full of stupids.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:23:33 PM by ssrdd »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2012, 02:11:31 PM »
cpw has an image of the 6D.

I'm not saying it's fake...but, look at the '6' in that image, and compare it to the '6' of the 60D and 600D.  The font for the 60D and 600D nameplate have an identical '6', and it's different from the '6' in the image of the 6D posted above.  Just sayin'.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

DB

« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2012, 02:12:15 PM »
I think the lack of a pop-up flash is consistent with xD FF bodies, plus Canon will want owners to buy the ST-E3 or 600EX-RT (or the 450X-RT?? if that is what the 430EX II replacement will be called)

Zlatko

« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2012, 02:13:12 PM »
But here's to greed. There is dumb greed and smart greed.  Smart greed would sell this body and a near cost level and rake in the cash selling the rebel upgraders new "EF" lenses... You need to make people switch to an eco-system. 

...and in the mean time... work on a new sensor . (not same sensor tech with added contrast AF circuitry)

Canon is a Bear... set in its ways. Hopefully new people can bring about good change.... the Change I see in Nikon these days.
Ok, you think Canon is greedy.  You don't like their motivations.  You don't like their people.  You don't like their sensors or their direction in new products.  You don't like their product philosophy.  They "cripple" their products and "milk" their customers.  Other manufacturers are "smarter" and presumably more altruistic and saintly, delivering more & better product for less money.  So why the heck do you still use Canon?

Because he's invested on the system.  As consumers, we have the right to demand thus the gripe over Canon.
Of course.  But there is constructive griping and there is unreasonable griping (like complaining that lower-priced products have lesser features, or demanding price equality with another manufacturer's specific product, or attributing some improper intent to a manufacturer's product strategy).  If one feels such gripes are legitimate, one has the right to dis-invest from the system and be done with the company and all of its perceived wrongs.  That's what eBay is for ... to unload the gear you bought from the bad company that seemed nice when you first invested in its products, but has seemingly turned bad.

DB

« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2012, 02:15:42 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that the microphone for video recording is just below (3 dots in a row) the EOS 6D insignia and not above like in the 7D - the way I hold my camera body, my thumb would cover the microphone??

mathino

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2012, 02:17:49 PM »
If these specs become true...that Im really, really sad...

...is the AF a joke ? Other specs are ok, completly fine for me. But why AGAIN only center point cross-type AF ? Do they think that consumers or enthusiasts use only center point ? What about low light enviroment ? Only with external flash with light grid ? It seems like they FORCE us to buy Mk III...no way I will pay 3000 Euro for my next camera.

...I think that Id rather get Mk II while I still can. 6D AF would be probably close to 5D Mk II so this is a deal breaker for me...
6D (on the way) | 450D | EF 28 f/1.8 USM | EF 40 f/2.8 STM | EF 85 f/1.8 USM | 430 EX II | wishlist: EF 24-70 f/2.8 L II USM, EF 135 f/2 L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2012, 02:17:49 PM »

jfretless

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2012, 02:18:02 PM »
11 pages of flames, woes, and system jumping could all be for naught!

I don't see all posts as flaming, but the reactions reflect enthusiast's concerns to be left behind Nikon or pay at least $1000 more per lens or camera body. I share these concerns.

Are we talking photography or watching a sporting event?  How would "to be left behind Nikon" having ANY influence on your ability to make great images?   Are your photographic skills so great that you are limited by the current camera technology?

Come on people, it not the technology that makes a great images, it's the content.

ssrdd

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2012, 02:20:39 PM »
I am jumping to mighty GH3 for the 70mbps video bit rate.

fc--uk canon S___ H.264.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2012, 02:20:39 PM »