August 30, 2014, 10:32:55 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?  (Read 67062 times)

Wahoowa

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2012, 02:21:14 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that the microphone for video recording is just below (3 dots in a row) the EOS 6D insignia and not above like in the 7D - the way I hold my camera body, my thumb would cover the microphone??

Not the way I hold it. My thumb will be along side of the lens barrel.

Anyhow, picture looks like a good fake to me, if it's indeed one. It looks like a smaller size to me. Probably between 60D and 7D.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2012, 02:21:14 PM »

zrz2005101

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2012, 02:22:45 PM »
......Might as well just keep my 1dsII if this IS the new camera that will be coming out. Other than high ISO and small-compact relative to the 1DsII, really don't see anything else that is better compared to 1DsII. (At least I will still have 45 AF points with 7 cross-types!!!)
1Ds MK IIIx2/ 7D/ 1D MK III/ 16-35L II/ 24-70L/ 24-105L/ 70-200 2.8 IS L/ 50 1.4/ 100L/ 85 1.8/2x III TC

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2012, 02:24:04 PM »
Come on people, it not the technology that makes a great images, it's the content.

In reality it's both of course, or everybody would use a p&s. Of course people want more expensive gear because they think they'll get better shots immediately and feel more secure with it - and manufacturer's marketing strengthens this.

But for people upgrading from crop, not being able to use their ef-s lenes, their old flash not covering the whole af point range of newer ff bodies imho it's absolutely valid to compare to Nikon to Canon current offers and think about switching. If Canon wasn't under *any* market pressure there'd be no 6d at all for sure.

DArora

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #168 on: September 14, 2012, 02:25:48 PM »
cpw has an image of the 6D.

I'm not saying it's fake...but, look at the '6' in that image, and compare it to the '6' of the 60D and 600D.  The font for the 60D and 600D nameplate have an identical '6', and it's different from the '6' in the image of the 6D posted above.  Just sayin'.

Given the specs (11 AF) I am hoping this is fake and specs are incorrect.  ???

ishdakuteb

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 14, 2012, 02:27:58 PM »
Now digicame-info got two pictures of 6D
http://digicame-info.com/2012/09/eos-6d-20.html

That "6" looks so fake...
It seems like every first leaked photo is deemed fake... Like the 5D3, EOS M, 1Dx....

It could be faked but IDK, Its might not be either.

I am on record saying it is fake indeed:

PS: Edited my original post.

i personally do not think it is fake, i have a confident in saying that it is real one...  however, this camera specs is not my type... but love to monitor both canon and nikon activities...

DB

« Reply #170 on: September 14, 2012, 02:29:52 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that the microphone for video recording is just below (3 dots in a row) the EOS 6D insignia and not above like in the 7D - the way I hold my camera body, my thumb would cover the microphone??

Not the way I hold it. My thumb will be along side of the lens barrel.

Anyhow, picture looks like a good fake to me, if it's indeed one. It looks like a smaller size to me. Probably between 60D and 7D.

Looks to be wider than both the 7D and 60D, but very similar.

The microphone holes scream that this image is a fake, none of the Canon bodies have mic holes in the rubber grip, all appear to be above the xD designation in the smoother plastic part of the body e.g. 4 holes for 60D and 7D, 5 holes for 5D3 and 3 holes for 1DX (placed between the 'EOS 1D' and the 'X'). Most likely a Photoshop job where the original holes were clone-stamped then new ones were added afterwards in a different position to make it look like a new DSLR body.

mathino

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2012, 02:30:13 PM »
......Might as well just keep my 1dsII if this IS the new camera that will be coming out. Other than high ISO and small-compact relative to the 1DsII, really don't see anything else that is better compared to 1DsII. (At least I will still have 45 AF points with 7 cross-types!!!)

Good thinking, I completly understand you. I want to upgrade to FF but with JUST 1 cross-type point this breaks the deal for me. Ok, dont use 19 point all cross type AF...but put there at LEAST 9 cross-type AF !

...I guess that they even put away AFMA...cripple it down as much as possible...saaaad.

5D Mk II is looking better a better to me :-P
6D (on the way) | 450D | EF 28 f/1.8 USM | EF 40 f/2.8 STM | EF 85 f/1.8 USM | 430 EX II | wishlist: EF 24-70 f/2.8 L II USM, EF 135 f/2 L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2012, 02:30:13 PM »

st3mpy

« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2012, 02:31:44 PM »
"Are your photographic skills so great that you are limited by the current camera technology?"

My question about "Do you really need more than 1 AF point" was really two fold.

1. Yes, I'm new to AF SLR's, and really did have a question about multiple AF points.

2.  Do you really need this stuff to make a good photograph?  If you do, then I'm sorry but in my opinion, your technique has become sloppy.

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2012, 02:32:33 PM »
As usual, pretty much agreement.

First, this "rumor" is not a CR anything. It's a report of something from a Web site or sites of unknown credibility. When Craig puts his number on something, then I'll think it's worth talking about.

Essentially, this sounds like my alternative to the high price of the 5D3. As you point out, we know nothing of the sensor. If high ISO is comparable to other Canon FF products, that will be worth a lot. Also, since it's a "new" sensor, perhaps they've done a better job with the low ISO. I still want a sensor that will give me at ISO 100 what I could get reliably with film at ASA 25 or 50. The noise at ISO 100 on a 7D, for instance, reminds me of film at ASA 400. I'm not buying that.

The weak part of this story is the AF. Canon would have to furnish at least a 7D comparable AF with this product. Less than that will not work for me.

As always, I'm standing by. Waiting for facts to show up.

Really? So much over-reaction to rumored specs. Are we going to have to endure the same months and months of endless whining that occurred when the 5DIII was released?

Whatever Canon releases will be comparably spec'd and comparably priced to the 600D. It won't be identical, but comparable enough to compete, which is what this is all about.

As for the rumored specs, people seem to be reading them in the worst possible light. They describe a camera that is weather-sealed, has some magnesium framework (like the 600D), a slightly better autofocus than the 5DII, a slightly better frame rate and the latest processor. It is introduced at a price that is about $600-$700 less than the 5DII was introduced at. Is that so horrible?

We know nothing about the sensor itself, which means we know nothing about the quality of the images. Would opinions change if the camera performs at high ISO somewhere between the 5DII and the 5DIII?

Reminds me of the complaints when the 60D came out. People wanted all the 7D features for $1,000. Now people want the 5DIII features at $2,000.
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

Sunnystate

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2012, 02:33:49 PM »
Like Canon have no idea how market reacted so far to their new pricing futures crippling strategy!
Instead of moaning and crying at the time of paying with credit cards for 5DIII, just sent a short but clear message with your wallet already!
You will see a real change coming very soon.
Just because you will send another ultra "POWERFUL" message to canon on CR  ;D nobody will bother until they still getting our money.
Trust me Canon will wait in to the last moment before giving up, this is clearly new philosophy and there is no cure for that except firm market force, and that is if there is any sanity left in the management.

rcouttolenc

« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2012, 02:37:41 PM »
No doubt this is the little brother in the FF arena and more so if price is $1999. It is for those who want full frame but will sacrifice specs at a good price.
I will stick with the 7D which is the big brother in the small sensors, but specs are much better: 8fps, 19 AF points, 63 zones, electronic leveling, speedlite transmitter, pop-up flash, CF card, GPS with new firmware, dual digicam. enough for me.

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2012, 02:39:48 PM »
Reminds me of the complaints when the 60D came out. People wanted all the 7D features for $1,000. Now people want the 5DIII features at $2,000.

The big difference that there is a very good 5d2 ff with a very low price, and naturally this has to serve as a comparison basis. That was not the case when it was 60d vs 7d, and the competition from the d7000 was not as strong as from the d600 now.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2012, 02:41:21 PM »
I think it's time craig updates the main post with a BUSTED note.

Lots of people pointing out wifi isn't going to happen, GPS probably the same.  As I mentioned, SD makes NO sense placed between a 5D and 7D.

Most people are just jumping in new here to fan the Nikon fervor or bemoan some of the other made-up specs . . .

It's just another slow news day now that Apple doesn't have a top secret ipad fourteen to stir up BS about.

Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2012, 02:41:21 PM »

Chuck Alaimo

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Chuck Alaimo Photography
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2012, 02:43:46 PM »
Come on people, it not the technology that makes a great images, it's the content.

In reality it's both of course, or everybody would use a p&s. Of course people want more expensive gear because they think they'll get better shots immediately and feel more secure with it - and manufacturer's marketing strengthens this.

But for people upgrading from crop, not being able to use their ef-s lenes, their old flash not covering the whole af point range of newer ff bodies imho it's absolutely valid to compare to Nikon to Canon current offers and think about switching. If Canon wasn't under *any* market pressure there'd be no 6d at all for sure.

there is a rather interesting topic here regarding gear versus quality of images and is it worth it -- http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=9043.0

It can go both ways with this.  And its not just the content --- one can have amazing content but poor composition which kind of equals  fail --- where you can take absolutely uninteresting content and compose a shot creatively then apply masterful PP and make that uninteresting thing amazing.  Hell, that is part of having an eye for photography ---- having that vision that sees something in stuff most just don't see!

Owns 5Dmkiii, 6D, 16-35mm, 24mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85 mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8 macro, 1-600RT, 2 430 EX's, 1 video light

CharlieB

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2012, 02:44:41 PM »
Whatever we get, I'd be very very amazed if they call it a 6d.  Expect a 9D or 5Ds or what ever.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2012, 02:44:41 PM »