September 02, 2014, 04:07:08 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?  (Read 67220 times)

Musouka

Re: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2012, 02:45:48 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that the microphone for video recording is just below (3 dots in a row) the EOS 6D insignia and not above like in the 7D - the way I hold my camera body, my thumb would cover the microphone??

Doesn't make much sense, does it? After going the route of the stereo mic with the 650D

Why would Canon go back to mono again?

The screen doesn't appear to be of the articulating type, too.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2012, 02:45:48 PM »

zrz2005101

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2012, 02:45:54 PM »
......Might as well just keep my 1dsII if this IS the new camera that will be coming out. Other than high ISO and small-compact relative to the 1DsII, really don't see anything else that is better compared to 1DsII. (At least I will still have 45 AF points with 7 cross-types!!!)

Good thinking, I completly understand you. I want to upgrade to FF but with JUST 1 cross-type point this breaks the deal for me. Ok, dont use 19 point all cross type AF...but put there at LEAST 9 cross-type AF !

...I guess that they even put away AFMA...cripple it down as much as possible...saaaad.

5D Mk II is looking better a better to me :-P

Well one main reason I'm selling 1Ds2 and soon my 7D is to cu back the weight of my gears as they are very heavy currently. But this camera really did not bring my interest up. Unless Canon has greatly improved in their low ISO department and removed the banding when you push the shadows with THIS spec, otherwise it's still a no to me
1Ds MK IIIx2/ 7D/ 1D MK III/ 16-35L II/ 24-70L/ 24-105L/ 70-200 2.8 IS L/ 50 1.4/ 100L/ 85 1.8/2x III TC

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2012, 02:49:40 PM »
But here's to greed. There is dumb greed and smart greed.  Smart greed would sell this body and a near cost level and rake in the cash selling the rebel upgraders new "EF" lenses... You need to make people switch to an eco-system. 

...and in the mean time... work on a new sensor . (not same sensor tech with added contrast AF circuitry)

Canon is a Bear... set in its ways. Hopefully new people can bring about good change.... the Change I see in Nikon these days.
Ok, you think Canon is greedy.  You don't like their motivations.  You don't like their people.  You don't like their sensors or their direction in new products.  You don't like their product philosophy.  They "cripple" their products and "milk" their customers.  Other manufacturers are "smarter" and presumably more altruistic and saintly, delivering more & better product for less money.  So why the heck do you still use Canon?

Because he's invested on the system.  As consumers, we have the right to demand thus the gripe over Canon.
Of course.  But there is constructive griping and there is unreasonable griping (like complaining that lower-priced products have lesser features, or demanding price equality with another manufacturer's specific product, or attributing some improper intent to a manufacturer's product strategy).  If one feels such gripes are legitimate, one has the right to dis-invest from the system and be done with the company and all of its perceived wrongs.  That's what eBay is for ... to unload the gear you bought from the bad company that seemed nice when you first invested in its products, but has seemingly turned bad.

Don't be a sour puss... this is a rumors site and all of us canon boys are having some fun here. We all have our reasons for owning Canon... that does not mean I become a zealot and only sing praises. Infact I see my role as to counterbalance people like you so that Canon can get some perspective...  I am not going to search on your posts and try and disagree with them everytime. You have a right to post here as much as anyone else.

Have fun.
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »
there is a rather interesting topic here regarding gear versus quality of images and is it worth it -- http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=9043.0
Yes, I know this one - and as far as I remember many people stated that improving their gear did have a positive impact. But of course it's impossible to analyze this neutrally because there is no comparison basis (i.e. the same people continuing to use their old gear) and people are always trying to justify their decisions, esp. if it concerns spending a lot of money.

Doesn't make much sense, does it? After going the route of the stereo mic with the 650D Why would Canon go back to mono again?
For the same reason they don't put a flash on the 5d: They expect you to use additional gear like an external flash or microphone anyway. But I'm by no means saying these 6d specs are true.

Do you really need this stuff to make a good photograph?  If you do, then I'm sorry but in my opinion, your technique has become sloppy.
Then show me a technique to af something moving and not putting it into the center of the shot using just one center point please. Learn to do magic w/ manual focusing? With a thin depth of field?!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:57:37 PM by Marsu42 »

cliffwang

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2012, 02:53:19 PM »
"Are your photographic skills so great that you are limited by the current camera technology?"

My question about "Do you really need more than 1 AF point" was really two fold.

1. Yes, I'm new to AF SLR's, and really did have a question about multiple AF points.

2.  Do you really need this stuff to make a good photograph?  If you do, then I'm sorry but in my opinion, your technique has become sloppy.

I do and I don't care my technique is sloppy.  At least I am very happy and enjoy the AF system on 5D3.
Canon 5D3 | Samyang 14mm F/2.8 | Sigma 50mm F/1.4 | Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 VC | Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS MK2 | Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro L | Canon Closed-up 500D | 430EX | Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300 | Manfrotto Tripod

dl101

« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »
Whatever we get, I'd be very very amazed if they call it a 6d.  Expect a 9D or 5Ds or what ever.

Number 6 is the fad. Nex-6, D600, now 6D. I have a feeling all of them will be successful.

rsalles64

« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »
To me the camera should have an onboard flash and a focus system similar to the 7D, if it´s going to cost around 2k, rebel focus system is not enough. I have a lot of lenses, so i´m not moving to nikon, but i´m not going to upgrade either, I´ll wait a few years more if i have to.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »
cpw has an image of the 6D.

The "6" in this picture looks more believable than the first post where it was oversized and too bright.
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

floex712

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2012, 03:03:00 PM »
cpw has an image of the 6D.

The "6" in this picture looks more believable than the first post where it was oversized and too bright.

This looks legit, look at the ports on the side, only 3 or 4 from what I can make out. No pro ports like PC. Seems as though, they are the same as the 60D but two columns instead of all four on one column, of course I am speculating.

Musouka

« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2012, 03:10:41 PM »
Doesn't make much sense, does it? After going the route of the stereo mic with the 650D Why would Canon go back to mono again?
For the same reason they don't put a flash on the 5d: They expect you to use additional gear like an external flash or microphone anyway. But I'm by no means saying these 6d specs are true.

Fair enough but if the target market is the Rebel crowd who want to upgrade, this will make the camera crippled in certain aspects (mono microphone, no articulating or touch screen and no flash) while having some 'unnecessary' stuff like built-in GPS and internal WiFi.

I'm sure that Canon have done their research, though, and decided that the market wants these particular features. That said, the 24-105 kit price is 1.5x the price of the body. Maybe Canon should offer another more value-oriented kit.

kennephoto

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2012, 03:12:56 PM »
Depth of field preview button back on the other side?? Kinda strange they would update the 5d3 with that but then take it off the 6d!
Canon 5d Mark II Canon 1D classic EOSM 20-35 2.8L 50 1.2L 135 2.0L 80-200 2.8L 40 Pancake and a bunch of old film cameras

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2012, 03:15:45 PM »
If these picture are for real, I know some people's who about to eat crow.  ::)

DianeK

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »
Are your photographic skills so great that you are limited by the current camera technology?

Come on people, it not the technology that makes a great images, it's the content.

Well, I for one am not a genius at getting proper exposure every time and I am just very, very weary of fixing the noise that I get with my 60D and 7D sensors.  So, given I'm not going to grow any more brain cells, I need all the technological help I can get.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »

floex712

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2012, 03:31:28 PM »

Fair enough but if the target market is the Rebel crowd who want to upgrade, this will make the camera crippled in certain aspects (mono microphone, no articulating or touch screen and no flash) while having some 'unnecessary' stuff like built-in GPS and internal WiFi.

I'm sure that Canon have done their research, though, and decided that the market wants these particular features. That said, the 24-105 kit price is 1.5x the price of the body. Maybe Canon should offer another more value-oriented kit.

I am seriously bummed out, with this pic looking so legit, I am scared these specs are what we can expect. Seems as though Canon is trying to force us into buying more expensive glass. The XD line only takes EF not EF-S, I do not mind, I am fine with that but they should at least do it by selling us adequate equipment. The AF on this 6D is a joke. As I stated before, I could deal with a 7D with a 5D III sensor and DIGIC 5+ chip, no problem. Even if they would do exactly that, I mean put a 5D III Sensor and DIGIC 5+ in the current 7D, that would still be a better deal than what these specs indicate. I'll sell my lenses off one at a time a discounted rate if I have to. I've got the $$$ for the D600, at this point I am going to give Canon a fair chance and wait for the camera to be released and test/compared to the D600, but if the official announcement and official specs are anything similar to these, I'm out and going to Nikon. Not to mention that with the AF motor in the D600, my old non-CPU lenses from my Nikon FG 35mm film will work on it.

floex712

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2012, 03:47:51 PM »
Are your photographic skills so great that you are limited by the current camera technology?

Come on people, it not the technology that makes a great images, it's the content.

Well, I for one am not a genius at getting proper exposure every time and I am just very, very weary of fixing the noise that I get with my 60D and 7D sensors.  So, given I'm not going to grow any more brain cells, I need all the technological help I can get.

I think there is a misconception with some people's comments, for me, I want bang for my buck and that's the stem of my complaints with these specs on the Canon 6D are about. The Nikon D600 is thus far trumping it and then some. But I think that there must be an understanding, the tech itself DOES NOT make you a great photographer, it is the skill of the hands the camera is in. I'm sorry to say that if you need "all the technological help" you can get. Then an advanced piece of equipment is not for you. Rebel is where you should stay until you're ready and confident to take the next leap and more importantly, when you don't feel you need to rely on the technology itself. I have NEVER, NEVER used the Auto setting on my camera, as a matter of fact, I despise Auto even on point and shoots. I learned on film and back then I didn't have the conveniences of digital  which forced me to become a better photographer.  However minimal the specs are on the Canon 6D it will be full frame which in itself is a different animal. Good luck.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 03:51:44 PM by floex712 »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2012, 03:47:51 PM »