October 01, 2014, 06:42:16 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?  (Read 68505 times)

mystic_theory

Re: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
I just watched a movie (Salmon fishing in the Yemen) where the government PR chief in the beginning said something like "give me some piece of good news, something, anything to say"... the day after the D600 has been presented, even my aunt would have gotten some 6D specs published on canonrumors.  :-[

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »

Chuck Alaimo

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Chuck Alaimo Photography
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2012, 05:21:32 PM »
  Back to my original point, "Come on people, it not the technology that makes a great images, it's the content."

I'll say it again ---it's NOT the content!!!!  Take a bad photog and give them wonderful subject matter and you fail fail fail.  Take a great photog and give them nothing and they may make you surprised!  Part of being a photog is having the 'eye,' and part of that is seeing things, spotting things, noticing things that others do not see.  A great photog can make a piece of trash look good - but a bad photog can make something that looks awesome appear to be a piece of trash..(ok, not said as i did originally)
Owns 5Dmkiii, 6D, 16-35mm, 24mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85 mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8 macro, 1-600RT, 2 430 EX's, 1 video light

shannon76

« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2012, 05:25:34 PM »
So everyone, compared to what Nikon's D600 is offering and based on the recently released specs and pics (real or not) what is the most you would pay for this camera?  I'm going with $1600.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:32:37 PM by shannon76 »

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2012, 05:43:33 PM »
I'll say it again ---it's NOT the content!!!!

Not to dispute what you're saying - but that the discussion in a 6d specs thread heads into this direction proves that Canon might screw up big time if the price tag for the 6d is not a steal. But maybe they could add stickers to every camera box: "Please ignore the specs and the competition, it's all about you being a good photog!" :->

jfretless

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2012, 05:50:05 PM »
  Back to my original point, "Come on people, it not the technology that makes a great images, it's the content."

I'll say it again ---it's NOT the content!!!!  Take a bad photog and give them wonderful subject matter and you fail fail fail.  Take a great photog and give them nothing and they may make you surprised!  Part of being a photog is having the 'eye,' and part of that is seeing things, spotting things, noticing things that others do not see.  A great photog can make a piece of trash look good - but a bad photog can make something that looks awesome appear to be a piece of trash..(ok, not said as i did originally)

Chuck,
    I didn't know we were aruging...  ;)

I agree with everything you said, but I think you are only seeing part of my point.  ...how about...  would you agree that a great image has more to do with content rather than the technology used to capture the image?  When I see a great image, the first thing that comes to mind is NOT what kind of camera was used.

steliosk

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • stelioskritikakis.com
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »
an articulated screen is a priority!!!
i want to buy a cheap FF, but i won't if it doesn't have an articulated screen :(
Bodies: 5D3 + 600D
Lenses: STM 40, EF 50 1.4, EF 85 1.8, EF 100L, EF 24-105L, EF 70-200 2.8 IS II, Samyang 14mm, Samyang 8mm Fisheye, EF-S 10-22, EF-S 15-85 and my old 350D + 18-55 IS II

MartinM

« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2012, 05:50:52 PM »
cpw has an image of the 6D.

Now this looks like a hires pic.

Two things are different. There is this nice little "lock" button on the mode dial. This is diffrent from the lower built EOS. This wasn't there on the 7D not on the 5D2. That was available as a 400 bucks upgrade.

The mode dial of the 60D is more rounded on top. This mode dial is different from 7D, 60D. Looks more like the one from 5D3.

The plastic covers of the connectors is different from the 60D or other EOS bodies. Looks like something new. Obvious if we assume that there is a GPS build in. A99 has built in GPS.

When I saw the first leaked 5D3 images from the safari guy, everyone doubted that it was a new body. Only the new M-FN button and the power on switch were revealing a new body.

I guess that the pic is true, but the specs must be wrong. The specs were changing all the time for the 5D3 too. Same applies to the 6D. Look back to the initial rumors of 2011 on 6D ;)

Cheers
Martin

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2012, 05:50:52 PM »

SDsc0rch

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 14, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »
BUILT-IN GPS & WIFI

!!!

WHAT TOOK THEM SO G*****N LONG?!?

(and yes - i'm yelling!!)

we can put gps in these teeny-tiny cellphones that teenage girls slip into their front pockets, it can connect to every wifi standard (PLUS cell ph tower) known to man.......... yet a ten pound canon 1DX can't seem to fit those tiny lil circuits into its MASSIVE body

Saracyn

« Reply #218 on: September 14, 2012, 05:55:30 PM »
Shortest shutter speed is 1\4000 !!!!!!!!!!  :'( :'( :'(
They are CRAZY!!!!  >:( >:( >:(
Goodbye shooting with open iris (f\1.2-f\2) in a sunny day!  Or welcome a hemorrhoids with ND-filters!

P.S. Sorry for my english, i'm a russian wedding photographer.  :-[
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:57:47 PM by Saracyn »

MartinM

« Reply #219 on: September 14, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »
I am surprised about how much anger and disappointment is in these discussion.

I was always thinking that me, with my Olympus E-5 gear was on the poor side. Now I am noticing that the Canonians are no different. ;)

I am a two system owner and both vendors don't seem to get it right ...

Cheers
Martin

Chuck Alaimo

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Chuck Alaimo Photography
« Reply #220 on: September 14, 2012, 06:02:55 PM »

Chuck,
    I didn't know we were aruging...  ;)

I agree with everything you said, but I think you are only seeing part of my point.  ...how about...  would you agree that a great image has more to do with content rather than the technology used to capture the image?  When I see a great image, the first thing that comes to mind is NOT what kind of camera was used.

not argueing...just saying that content alone does not a great image make...just as a badass camera alone does not a great image make. 

all that said, there is another topic devoted to gear vs image quality.  Canon can't do a marketing campaign on a $2000 camera telling people it's not the camera its the content!  And that's what we should be talking about --- how not worth even talking about these specs are.  Yeah, it's the photographer that takes the great pic...but...  that doesn't mean a crap body should be bought...  I'll just stick to my 7d/5dmk3 combo if I want a sucky camera to be backup to my main body (I still like my 7d, but, the mk3 beats it at every turn from Af to color cast to IQ....lol)

I was hopeful for different specs... 21 point AF at least (with the same battery as the mk3 and the 7d and mk2!!!!)...

can i still get a decent shot with it?  Yes, but, given the choice I'll keep the 7d as back up (or save my pennies for another mk3 or a used 1d4) rather than shell out 2k on that...

so I'm actually totally agreeing with you in a weird way...  I'm just fired up cause these specs suck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....lol
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:49:34 PM by bvukich »
Owns 5Dmkiii, 6D, 16-35mm, 24mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85 mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8 macro, 1-600RT, 2 430 EX's, 1 video light

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #221 on: September 14, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »
WHAT TOOK THEM SO G*****N LONG?!?

It's useless if it hasn't got a precise "camera direction" compass, otherwise I'm perfectly fine with my external tagger that doesn't drain the camera's battery.

I am a two system owner and both vendors don't seem to get it right ...

That's the depressing thing - Canon could get it right, and they actually did with the most of the 5d3. It's currently isn't their fault Sony doesn't license their tech to them but to Nikon. It's just that Canon's knows people are stuck to the brand because of the lenses/flashes and exploits it. And their marketing is very clever and goes to any lengths to make you buy the most expensive stuff by building annoyances into intermediary products. Meanwhile Nikon seems to produce more "complete" products, that's at least true for the d7000 and d600.

DianeK

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 14, 2012, 06:36:36 PM »
And their marketing is very clever and goes to any lengths to make you buy the most expensive stuff by building annoyances into intermediary products. Meanwhile Nikon seems to produce more "complete" products, that's at least true for the d7000 and d600.
Very well articulated indeed.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #222 on: September 14, 2012, 06:36:36 PM »

hmmm

« Reply #223 on: September 14, 2012, 06:42:47 PM »
So everyone, compared to what Nikon's D600 is offering and based on the recently released specs and pics (real or not) what is the most you would pay for this camera?  I'm going with $1600.

Agreed - I would consider 1500 the maximum "fair" price for a camera of this spec but I could stretch to 1600 maybe.     Just because I've already got some decent glass.   Beyond that, the D600 looks to be the better price/performance value.   Oh well, it is CR1, and if the "new" sensor is really lower read noise and higher DR that could change things a little.   

If this spec turns out be true, and the price is really D600 less only ten percent or so, there will be a lot of people making the transition to FF who will be choosing Nikon.     

I used to be a bit of a canonista, but I'm getting more brand agnostic every day.    ???

JPL_1020

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 14, 2012, 06:54:03 PM »
11 AF points with a price tag of $2100??? So this a 2K camera because it is FF and it has built in GPS and Wifi - BUT with an ancient AF System? ::) Ridiculous!!! >:( Canon needs to do better if they want to compete with the D600. I hope the spec is purely rumor....SMH :(
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:29:18 PM by JPL_1020 »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #224 on: September 14, 2012, 06:54:03 PM »