September 20, 2014, 08:30:10 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?  (Read 68026 times)

Wahoowa

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?
« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2012, 07:21:45 PM »
If the specs are true, besides GPS and wifi features and without knowing anything else besides the specs, it's just like having a fresh & updated look to the 5D Mark II. And it will be in the market for the next 2-3 years. A major failure if you ask me.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2012, 07:21:45 PM »

Woody

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »
Canon's entry level T4i/650D has a 9-point, all cross-type AF sensor.

I cannot see how the 6D can have an 11-point AF sensor with ONLY 1 cross-type at the center.

RC

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2012, 07:35:32 PM »
Funny thing is that this 6D (and this thread) wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the existence of the D600.    Seems like Canon is clearly in a defensive mode just trying keep Nikon from consuming a specific segment of the market (and I do understand that is business). 

Although I like the built-in GPS and WiFi, I believe it is only being added to help lure (primarily) the consumer market from the D600.  With the new GP-E1 and E2, there is no way that Canon would add GPS up front.  Would I like built-in GPS and WiFi?  Sure, but not over AF, build, and form factor.  These things aren't "sexy" and won't lure the common consumer.  Let Nikon have this  new "entry FF" market.   

Canon, how about quit playing defense and go on the offense and offer a killer FF body for us serious hobbyists?  Keep it in the $2000 - $2500 range, basically a scaled down 5D3.

Disappointed but not surprised with the 6D specs.  Still hoping the specs are inaccurate.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 09:27:25 AM by RC »

viaissimo

« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2012, 07:37:01 PM »
„The Truth of the digital EOS lineup“ for Canons diary, I hope someone in charge for the Canon-EOS-digital-product-line will read here what’s a little bit wrong with the EOS-DSLR-lineup.
I did start to use Canon EOS back in 1996 with an EOS 50E (ELAN IIE). Through the pre-digital years my Canon gear grew by EOS 5, 3, 1V, quite a lot of fixed- and zoom-lenses, Speedlites and accessories. Canon was innovative (think about IS, AF-eye-control, DEP-program, 45-AF-sensors in EOS 3, anti-shake-timing in EOS 10, etc.), more stylish but cheaper than Nikon. So, there are Canon-users like me out there who did spent a lot of money on EOS-gear in the past. For those folks it’s not so easy to switch to Nikon or other vendors than for the guys with one EOS-DSLR and one or two lenses in their bag, I think you know that, but I also think you owe us attention as you did grow with our help.
In 2004 I did start to look out for Canon DSLRs. I can understand that APS-C sensors were the right choice from an economic point of view in the early days as sensors where much more expensive, but that sensor-format did also puzzle all focal-lengths of EF-lenses and zoom-reflectors of older EX-speedlites, a nightmare from the photographic point of view if you had a lot of EF-lenses. So APS-C could only be a temporary workaround for guys like me. To spend again in APS-C gear is close to completely switch the vendor, also there where only little EF-S prime-lenses in the near past.
Eight years later, I think, there still is no attractive EOS-FF-camera. I don’t earn any money with photos, it’s just an intensive hobby. So it’s not that easy to spend a lot of money for that expensive gear. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that much a matter of price, it’s a value-for-money thing! And you did mess up value for money quite a lot since the digital era, i.e. upper level and high-end DSLRs are nowadays about 2 times higher in price than these segments have been in film-era, but entry- and consumer-level cameras came down to about the same price as analog SLRs have been. So what happend here? Of course we have to pay your firmware- and sensor-development additionally, on the other hand side we save money on not having to buy and develop films any more. That would be an argument for higher DSLR prices compared to film-SLRs. But what about the price-shift in the upper segments? I think you take quite a lot more money for the upper segment DSLRs to fund the highly competitive entry- and consumer-market!
Bad luck for me, as in FF there still is only the overpriced upper- and high-end level left, less value for more money. Let me compare EOS 50D and EOS 5D Mk2 as they where introduced nearly at the same time: list-prices about factor 2 difference (street-price-difference even worse!), 5d Mk2 with 1Ds-style-sensor and video-capability in a quite 500D camera-housing (less quality AF, no flash, no AF-light, no (A-)DEP-program, worse X-Sync, less metering range, less fps even relative to MPx-difference) – that’s not what I understand as „value for money“.
So don’t screw us up with that EOS 6D (?) once again, pamper us with features and value for money. Don’t let us be jealous on Nikon-guys (I’m really very sorry to say, I am since the D700) any more, but let us be proud again to have chosen a Canon in early days! I don’t want to wait over and over again for a FF-camera as you produce scrap over scrap!
At the end, some tipps as you desperately seem to need them:
don’t spend on MPx, raise high ISO, don’t invest in too much AF-sensors (useless without eye-control), but widespread, accurate cross- or x-type sensors for f/5.6, 100% should be state of the art since digital, DON’T forget the flash all the time (also for remote-control; sometimes it’s better to have a bad picture compared to having no photo at all, and charging batteries is not needed), as you raise ISO DON’T forget the AF-light (your AF without light isn’t that good!), swing-screen would be really nice, I never will understand why you discontinued the DEP-program (it’s a feature not often used, but nearly irreplaceable; nobody can tell me he/she can see how to stop down via the viewfinder, and DOF-scales are missing nowadays), no need for high framerates, no need for video, definitely NO NEED for touch-screen, IS would demand an improved anti-shake-program from EOS 10, AF-Microadjust is eagerly needed, forget all that sports/portrait/night/etc. programs, no need for all that built-in picture-effects, I do hope the sad odyssey of the power-switch is over since 7D (couldn’t be that hard to find the right place), also mode-dial and DOF-preview-button will be the same in the future as they are on 5D Mk3, weathersealing is must for that price

ishdakuteb

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2012, 07:42:36 PM »
cpw has an image of the 6D.

"...There is this nice little "lock" button on the mode dial. This is diffrent from the lower built EOS. This wasn't there on the 7D not on the 5D2. That was available as a 400 bucks upgrade."

well, honesty i will more than happy to trade that lock buton for:
1. 1/8000 shutter speed
2. 19 focus points with all cross

are there anyone who thinks like i do?

DB

« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2012, 07:54:49 PM »
I am surprised about how much anger and disappointment is in these discussion.

Not really surprising given that many CR readers & commentators have been discussing the merits of a 70D (new APS-C flagship) and the likely specs/features for a much improved 7D2...and just a couple of days before Photokina, out of the blue comes a series of stories about a potential new DSLR the 6D (obviously coincides with Nikon's D600).

It seems that the Canon DSLR product line has bifurcated into 2 streams; one very high-end (high price too), the other, a more nondescript 'run-of-the-mill' type DSLR with all of the latest faddish features (but at more reasonable prices), thus leaving a gap in the middle that is frustrating a lot of enthusiasts.

cliffwang

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2012, 07:58:17 PM »
Funny thing is that this 6D (and this thread) wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the existence of the D600.    Seems like Canon is clearly in a defensive mode just trying keep Nikon from consuming a specific segment of the market (and I do understand that is business).

Same thought!
Canon 5D3 | Samyang 14mm F/2.8 | Sigma 50mm F/1.4 | Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 VC | Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS MK2 | Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro L | Canon Closed-up 500D | 430EX | Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300 | Manfrotto Tripod

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2012, 07:58:17 PM »

pharp

« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2012, 08:00:10 PM »
Looks like an "almost" ideal travel/nature/landscape camera - smallish, weathersealed, GPS - if $2K for the body, I'll certainly consider one if the IQ is good.

DzPhotography

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »

well, honesty i will more than happy to trade that lock buton for:
1. 1/8000 shutter speed
2. 19 focus points with all cross

are there anyone who thinks like i do?
yep me. You can even get that lock button installed on the 7D, if you want...  ::)
EOS 550D | EOS 7D | EOS 6D | EOS 1Dx | EF-S 15-85 | EF 28f2.8 | EF 30f2.0 | EF 40f2.8 | EF 50f1.8II | EF 16-35f2.8L MkII | EF 24-105 f4L | EF 24-70f2.8L | EF 70-200f2.8L MkII | Sigma 10f2.8 Fisheye | Sigma 50f1.4 | Tamron 17-50f2.8VC | Tokina 11-16f2.8 | 430EXII | 580EXII

EchoLocation

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »
So everyone, compared to what Nikon's D600 is offering and based on the recently released specs and pics (real or not) what is the most you would pay for this camera?  I'm going with $1600.

Agreed - I would consider 1500 the maximum "fair" price for a camera of this spec but I could stretch to 1600 maybe.     
I used to be a bit of a canonista, but I'm getting more brand agnostic every day.    ???
I own a 24-105 and a 50mm 1.4 Sigma along with my 5DC. I wouldn't buy the 6D(at these specs) for any price.
i'm fairly happy with my 5DC overall, i just want to upgrade the AF and downsize on weight a little bit, with a little more high tech feel and better display screen.
If the camera really is these specs I will switch to the D600 or possibly the RX1/NEX FF(when it finally comes.)
I'm sick of Canon overpricing lenses and intentionally crippling camera bodies. If the lenses were expensive and the bodies innovative and competitively priced i'd have no problems(or vice versa,) but at this point i'm basically fed up with Canon.
If the 6D is a 5DII with a 7D AF system I might pay 1700 max, but I'd still probably rather have the D600 at this point, or just buy nothing and wait for mirrorless FF to come.
Canon EOS-M, 22mm f2, 11-22mm f4-5.6
Canon 550D, Sigma 50mm f1.4
Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm f2.8, Tamron 17-35mm f2.8-4

Hillsilly

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2012, 09:39:39 PM »
.....don’t invest in too much AF-sensors (useless without eye-control), but widespread, accurate cross- or x-type sensors for f/5.6.....

Couldn't agree more.  I've got an older 1Ds Mk ii.  If I decide to pick up something newer, one thing that I will be looking for is a wider array of focus points.  Its a little annoying having 45 focus points crammed into the centre of the frame.  What's the point?  (Although, personally I'm hoping for the ability to focus anywhere via a touchscreen.)

Weathersealed, 4.5fps, small body, wifi and GPS and hopefully a street price well below $1999. What's not to like?  But really, isnt it just a FF 60D for $1250 more?   And with the quality of the APS-C sensors around, isn't everyone just getting tired of the "FF" talk as if it is a compulsory requirement for photography Nirvana?
1000FN | 7E | 3000 | 3 | LS-100TS

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »
<div name=\"googleone_share_1\" style=\"position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;\"><g:plusone size=\"tall\" count=\"1\" href=\"http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/09/canon-eos-6d-specs-leaked/\"></g:plusone></div><div class=\"tweetmeme_button\" style=\"float: right; margin:0 0 70px 70px;\"><a class=\"tm_button\" rel=\"&style=normal&b=2\" href=\"http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/09/canon-eos-6d-specs-leaked/\"></a></div>
<strong>Canon EOS 6D Specs?<br />

</strong>I received this spec list this morning, and it seems to have also appeared at <a href=\"http://digicame-info.com/2012/09/eos-6d-20.html\" target=\"_blank\">Digicame-info</a>.</p>
<ul>
<li>A new 20mp sensor</li>
<li>Full Frame</li>
<li>4.5fps</li>
<li>ISO Range 100-25600</li>
<li>DIGIC5+</li>
<li>APS-C Sized body</li>
<li>Weathersealed</li>
<li>SD Card</li>
<li>Built-in Wifi & GPS</li>
<li>11 AF Points, f/2.8 Cross-type in the center.</li>
<li>3″ LCD</li>
<li>Full HD (1920×1080)</li>
<li>Available December 2012</li>
<li>Price: $1999 USD Body Only (Speculated price)</li>
</ul>
<p><strong>Source: [<a href=\"http://digicame-info.com/2012/09/eos-6d-20.html\" target=\"_blank\">DC</a>]</strong></p>
<p><strong><span style=\"color: #ff0000;\">c</span>r</strong></p>

hmm and how does this possibly bring any non-Canon shooter into the canon world instead of Nikon world???
D600 blows the #### out of it. Unless you have tons of lenses or are dying to use certain lenses.... and a good number of those people might be wanting 5D3 or 7D or whatnot anyway perhaps.

just a rumor though of course

Chosenbydestiny

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2012, 09:45:36 PM »
I agree with previous commentators that calling this camera a 70D or 80D would make more sense that using xD nomenclature.

No 17 cross type AF points?

Prepare for failure canon.

Disagree. When the 5DMkII disappears, this will be an appealing camera if upgrading from APS-C, save possibly for 7d owners.

+1 on the above comment, as a 7D owner I wouldn't like to upgrade to this rumored spec for a 6D, but what if Canon's plan is to finally discontinue the 5D2 if/when this camera body was launched?

Any Rebel or xxD owner would be faced with a choice between the new 6D FF or the old tech 7D with little or no upgrade in IQ from what they were previously using. Unless of course, Canon brings out a 7D2 sometime in early-2013 with even better specs for around $2500 price territory. But then the big question arises, will a new 7D still have a crop sensor? Will buyers pay more for APS-C than for FF?

People still bought the 5D mark II over the 7D despite the inferior AF points so they could get something more valuable to them with sensor quality. However, at this point, I do think Canon needs to rethink 11 points. We just don't live in a time anymore where 11 points can compete.
Nikon electric fan, gas stove, and slippers. Canon Elan 7, 1D Mark III, 5D mark III, and 2x6D. Canon 24mm Samyang/Rokinon, 85L, 135L, and many other lenses. 2x Canon 580ex II, third party speedlites, studio strobes

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2012, 09:45:36 PM »

samirachiko

« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2012, 09:48:48 PM »
 :( :( :( :( :( :(  I love Canon. Always loved!.... I don't like Nikon cameras but...... if the 6D it will be so, the D600 Nikon is more and more BETTER!!!

COME ON!!! CANON WE ARE IN THE 2012!!!! A built in TIME LAPSE AT LEAST!!! SOMETHING NEW PLEASE!!!!! WE DON'T NEED ABOUT A STUPID TOUCH SCREEN!!! WE LOVE PHOTOS AND VIDEO!!!!

For NOW Nikon is BETTER... :-[
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:51:32 PM by samirachiko »

AG

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2012, 10:06:49 PM »
You know Canon could throw a spanner in the works and announce this as a 70D instead of a 6D.

Im guessing if they did that a lot of people would stop bitching about this camera being an xD series.
Would also make sense as an entry platform for FF that isn't a "rebel".

Then the xD series can stay as the "Pro" cameras and keep everyone happy.
Yes, i shoot video on a DSLR.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2012, 10:06:49 PM »