August 27, 2014, 01:19:14 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?  (Read 66848 times)

learncanon

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?
« Reply #330 on: September 15, 2012, 01:35:20 PM »
Digicame-info just updated the specs:

Viewfinder coverage:97%, Magnification:0.71X
Size: 114.5x110.5x71.2mm
Af: A new strong low light detection model

5D2 has a 98% viewfinder coverage, D600 is 100%
A new released Pentax k-5 II claimed their 11 point AF detection range is from -3EV, so Canon has a similar one??

6D     114.5x110.5x71.2mm
550D  129 x 98 x 75 mm
60D    145 x 106 x 79 mm

why is the 6D so short?

Musouka

« Reply #331 on: September 15, 2012, 01:41:31 PM »

For comparison's sake, here are the dimensions of some of the other Canon bodies and the Nikon D600

650D 133 x 100 x 79 mm
60D 145 x 106 x 79 mm
6D 144.5 x 110.5 x 71.2 mm
D600 141 x 113 x 82 mm
7D 148 x 111 x 74 mm
5D2 152 x 114 x 75 mm

So it sits between the 60D and the 7D in size.

Musouka

« Reply #332 on: September 15, 2012, 01:42:50 PM »

Af: A new strong low light detection model

5D2 has a 98% viewfinder coverage, D600 is 100%
A new released Pentax k-5 II claimed their 11 point AF detection range is from -3EV, so Canon has a similar one??

6D     114.5x110.5x71.2mm
550D  129 x 98 x 75 mm
60D    145 x 106 x 79 mm

why is the 6D so short?

The original source actually says 144.5 so that was a transcription error.

The rest of the specs have been updated as well. It seems to support SD UHS-I.

Google Translated Specs (update 3):

- Full size CMOS sensor is a newly developed 20.2 million pixel sensor
    - DIGIC5 + image processing engine
    - Body, which is on par with miniaturized machine APS-C
    - The body is magnesium alloy cover only
    - Built-in W-Fi
    - Built-in GPS
    - AF is 11 points, the corresponding central cross sensor F2.8
    - Burst 4.5 seconds frame / best
    - 30-1/4000 seconds, second sync at 1/180 shutter speed shutter durability of 100,000
    - Drip-proof dustproof
    - 3-inch 1.04 million dot LCD monitor
    - Video - Full HD (1920x1080), 30p/25p/24p
    - ISO 100-25600 (50,51200,102400 extension)
    - Creative Auto
    - SD / SDHC / SDXC media (corresponding UHS-I)
    - Weight: 755g (Battery, including media)
    - (On-sale date) released in December 2012
    - Around 195 000 yen, expected price for EF24-105mm F4L IS kit is around ¥ 295 000
    - 97% pentaprism, Field of view, viewfinder (PS) 0.71 times magnification
    - Dimensions 144.5mm (height) x 110.5mm (width) x 71.2mm size (PS) and (D)
    - AF unit (PS) is a strong new low brightness

It is the information from people you trust. Canon, I thought that number is even or not to use the machine with one digit EOS, it seems to be available as it was in apparently 6D rumor abroad.

Because the sensor has become a newly developed 20MP rather than the diversion of 5D Mark II, I just want to focus on image quality. In addition, because the specifications are not found in other AF unit, I would this new development as well. The price is likely to be about ¥ 20 000 cheaper than the Nikon D600.

I've added an image of the EOS 6D [update].

I replaced the high quality ones on the image below [update 2].

I added a viewfinder specs such as [update 3].
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 01:57:08 PM by Musouka »

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Canon is out foxed.
« Reply #333 on: September 15, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »
Consider this - brand loyalty combined with lenses/accessories already owned play a major role in future body purchase decisions for most consumers.  Canon has a much larger market share than Nikon, therefore a much larger pool of potential upgraders. As long as Canon continues to dominate in the true entry level segment (APS-C sensor xxxD models), they'll continue to outcompete Nikon across the board.

Even at the xxxD level Nikon is delivering a more attractive option.

Is a newbie going to go for the camera with the 24MP sensor or the 18MP sensor?

The other way to interpret your comments is that because Canon already has a large installed user base, they are delivering that user base lesser camera because people will keep buying Canon because of old gear.

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 15, 2012, 02:20:33 PM »
Any word about AF Microadjustment .

If 6D will not have this feature NO Way... i will not buy it regardless of other features or IQ. like  somebody said in the firs page of the topic.... I will sick with my 7D until i save enough to upgrade to 5D3
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:23:46 PM by nicku »

al2

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 15, 2012, 02:38:22 PM »
When I look at the pictures earlier in this thread comparing the 5D3 and the rumored 6D, the enclosure for the viewfinder pentaprism seems SOOOOO small.  How do they get 97% coverage and 0.71x magnification out of something so tiny?

Musouka

« Reply #336 on: September 15, 2012, 02:39:40 PM »
Consider this - brand loyalty combined with lenses/accessories already owned play a major role in future body purchase decisions for most consumers.  Canon has a much larger market share than Nikon, therefore a much larger pool of potential upgraders. As long as Canon continues to dominate in the true entry level segment (APS-C sensor xxxD models), they'll continue to outcompete Nikon across the board.

The other way to interpret your comments is that because Canon already has a large installed user base, they are delivering that user base lesser camera because people will keep buying Canon because of old gear.

That's what happens when you achieve enough market penetration. Case in point: the iPhone 5. It delivers less from a technological standpoint than many of its competitors but will still sell loads more even if enthusiasts call it boring and uninspiring. The differentiation factor is the ecosystem.

These companies are just doing what their shareholders desire the most: deliver the lowest-cost product at the greatest price in order to maximize the shareholder's equity. Challengers would of course put more bells and whistles in an attempt to lure buyers in. The leaders would figure out what's the least amount of options they can get away with while still convincing buyers of the viability of their systems. That does not mean that every now and then the market won't be demanding something revolutionary but that doesn't happen often. If the leaders miscalculate, they risk losing up their edge to one of the challengers who will then inherit some of the leader's characteristics with time. How long does it take to unseat a leader is anyone's guess.

friedmud

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 15, 2012, 03:06:48 PM »
Is it possible that this is the Landscape shooters camera?

I could give a rat's ass about # of AF points as long as they give me incredibly clean and deep 20 MP at ISO 100.

Canon has recently been very focused on high ISO.  I would love to see a camera more focused at clean low ISO performance...

hmmm

« Reply #338 on: September 15, 2012, 03:29:57 PM »
Is it possible that this is the Landscape shooters camera?

Well, I've chimed in with my observations like many ... but if this camera does have a new-technology sensor that has low read noise and a DR on a par (or better) to Nikon's -- and if these 11 af pts are new low-light points (closed loop?) that play a lot better than you might think 11 points would ... then ... this 6D may interest me after all.

If that is indeed what is coming ... well that would change things, eh?   8)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 03:31:51 PM by hmmm »

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #339 on: September 15, 2012, 03:41:48 PM »
... but if this camera does have a new-technology sensor that has low read noise and a DR on a par (or better) to Nikon's

Won't happen, not only to protect the recent 5d3 but as people who know a thing or two about sensors stated Nikon's exmor tech is patented and they'd very surprised if Canon could develop something similar but not too similar in a few months' time.

Btw: I hope the d600 will be sold a lot and reviewed with excellent results, in this case Canon will at least pressed not to cripple the 6d firmware - unlike the body core specs, they have ample time until december to change the firmware in view of their market position.

limelight

« Reply #340 on: September 15, 2012, 03:46:25 PM »
As a 7D owner who plans to add a FF body to my gear, I have been waiting for this announcement. As the actual details of the Nikon D600 were released, I realized that what might be coming from Canon might also be more along those lines. These latest round of Canon specs seem to confirm that what's coming is more of a cannibalized version of several models than a stripped-down FF. All-in-all the specs from my perspective look puny for the price. I will wait for the "official announcement" before making any purchase but now I'm leaning in the direction of buying a 5D2. I think for my needs and budget this would give me everything I want in a known product (no surprises and or issues to stumble into with a brand new model) and the price keeps coming down.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 03:47:59 PM by limelight »

vettefan8

« Reply #341 on: September 15, 2012, 03:47:49 PM »
It's not always a question of "affordability". For me at least it is "value for money."

However other hobbyists like me that wanted to go to FF or upgrade for a particular feature (e.g. higher ISO) are frustrated for spending "bad" cash. They feel being fooled.

Exactly, exactly!  Spending 2k on a camera that only gets you half way there is a waste of 2k.  I'll gladly spend more for a properly spec'd camera.  I was prepared to spend $2500 for this new FF assuming it had the specs I wanted.  And I do have money for a 5D3 but I'm having a real hard time forking out that much for a body so I'm in that boat with so many others that were hopefully this was going to be the ticket.  Canon, I've got money to give you but not for this rumored 6D as it's spec'd.

Well You can spend an extra $250 and get the real deal (5d mark III) with warranty from a canon authorized dealer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body-22-3-Megapixels-USA-Warranty-/390468355036?forcev4exp=true#ht_11952wt_1163

RC

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 15, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »
It's not always a question of "affordability". For me at least it is "value for money."

However other hobbyists like me that wanted to go to FF or upgrade for a particular feature (e.g. higher ISO) are frustrated for spending "bad" cash. They feel being fooled.

Exactly, exactly!  Spending 2k on a camera that only gets you half way there is a waste of 2k.  I'll gladly spend more for a properly spec'd camera.  I was prepared to spend $2500 for this new FF assuming it had the specs I wanted.  And I do have money for a 5D3 but I'm having a real hard time forking out that much for a body so I'm in that boat with so many others that were hopefully this was going to be the ticket.  Canon, I've got money to give you but not for this rumored 6D as it's spec'd.

Well You can spend an extra $250 and get the real deal (5d mark III) with warranty from a canon authorized dealer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body-22-3-Megapixels-USA-Warranty-/390468355036?forcev4exp=true#ht_11952wt_1163
Show me a reputable and authorized Canon dealer selling unopened USA warranty models below $3400.   If its too good to be true then there is something fishy.

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 15, 2012, 04:04:57 PM »

That's what happens when you achieve enough market penetration. Case in point: the iPhone 5. It delivers less from a technological standpoint than many of its competitors but will still sell loads more even if enthusiasts call it boring and uninspiring. The differentiation factor is the ecosystem.

If the iPhone 5 is just meant for upgraders then yes, you're right. otherwise, Apple is losing market share and they know it. Hence all the court cases.

EvillEmperor

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr
« Reply #344 on: September 15, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »
What I find funny is how people were sooo disappointed with the MK III and said they'd keep their MK II. Now, people who said they'd "upgrade" their MK II to this, they say it's not worth it. What I also find interesting are the 7D users who want to upgrade to this. Besides more MP and better low light, you arn't getting much more. You most likely bought the 7D over the MK II for the speed and AF. Just wait a little longer then get a MK III, I see in some places it being $3,000 now.
Canon 5D MK III, Canon T2i, Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS, Canon 24-105, Canon 100 macro, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 430EX II, Canon 28-135mm (sold)