September 22, 2014, 02:43:16 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?  (Read 68158 times)

mirekti

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 6D Specs Leaked?
« Reply #375 on: September 16, 2012, 01:50:10 PM »

Reading these posts I didn't quite get what would the sensor be?
Would it be the one from 5D II or they developed a new one?

I'm not in big MP, but I'd jump in for a better dynamic range and good high iso. Not sure that those two go together though.
M240 | 35mm FLE | 75mm Cron | 135mm APO

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #375 on: September 16, 2012, 01:50:10 PM »

Musouka

« Reply #376 on: September 16, 2012, 01:58:24 PM »
It seems they have developed a new 20.2MP sensor. Part of the reason to do so might have to do with the Hybrid AF like the ones used for the 650D and EOS-M.

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 16, 2012, 02:30:22 PM »
Other than the 11 AF with 1 cross type I don't see anything that is a disappointment from a lower cost FF DSLR. What did you guys want. A MkIII at $1500?
Of course not BUT there is a very similar camera to 6D named ... 5DMkII. But everyone considers it "old" so it is a nice trick for Canon to create a similar camera (and in many aspects a lesser one) name it 6D and ask the same amount of money 5DMkII costs now!

Right!!!

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 16, 2012, 02:42:25 PM »
Other than the 11 AF with 1 cross type I don't see anything that is a disappointment from a lower cost FF DSLR. What did you guys want. A MkIII at $1500?
All new FF DSLRs should have dual slots, preferably of the same type

That way you can save to 2 cards at the same time for added safety. The first wedding you shoot where the card gets damaged before dumping the shots - you'll agree with me.

Wouldn't having built-in wireless eliminate the need for a back-up card slot, though?

The problem isn't one of backups, the problem is that feature X is present on camera Y and thus user Z wants in on camera W too.

If your cards are getting damaged at a wedding shoot then surely you have to call into question the procedures being used before the equipment itself.

Oh wait, no, that would mean actually accepting responsibility for something bad happening and Americans seem allergic to anything where they need to take personal responsibility for their actions.

I am not an American, but what does an American have to do with a camera with a damaged memory card? Unless you were sarcastic in which case I apologize.

Just ignore him... it's a typical response.   "I know what I'm doing and that wouldn't happen to me therefore if it happens to you then you must be an incompetent whiner so go learn to use your gear but don't ever hope to be as good as me because I'm awesome".

Canon-F1

« Reply #379 on: September 16, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »
2099$ for the 6D if we believe adorama...... same price as the D600.

mhm.. without my canon glas i know what i would buy... not the 6D if the specs are correct.

bbasiaga

• EOS M2
  • Canon Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 16, 2012, 03:28:27 PM »
After i saw 5Dmk3 deeping below $3000... i really wonder if the 5d3 will make it down to $2.5K maybe refurbished canon soon.

with the spec of the 6D i might save a bit more and get the 5d3 now that its around $2800 on ebay. other might say $800 will get you a nice L lens, Im talking about the body here.
I only saw the 5D3 dip below 3K once.  That was Beach Camera.  Does anyone know if they are legit and did any one actually score one?  I see it near 3K every once in a while but those look grey market or from sketchy ebay sites.  I guess my great hope is hat the 6D pushes down the 5D3 by a few hundred dollars.  I'm in at 3k.  Right now 3.5k looks like a bridge too far.  It has to come down no?

Beach/Buydig is legit.  They have a non-ebay website and a retail store.  I did not get in on that deal but have bought several things from them over the years , going way back to the original Digital Rebel.  On other forums buyers who did get in on that deal got what they ordered.  i just got in on the Adorama one.  It feels too good to be true. 

I am still quite interested in the real specs for the 6D.  The MKII it is replacing was such an icon, it will be interesting to see how popular it gets with some AF advancements, etc.  There has been so much hate, fear and disappointment already, whatever happens is bound to be interesting.

-Brian

theyapici

« Reply #381 on: September 16, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »
i think it will beat 5d md2 :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #381 on: September 16, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »

ecka

• 5D Mark III
  • Size matters ;)
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #382 on: September 16, 2012, 04:05:58 PM »

11 point AF?  ???
Seems to be not much different from 9.
FF + primes !

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #383 on: September 16, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »
11 point AF?  ??? Seems to be not much different from 9.

Well, the two more next to the center one in comparison to my 60d should come in handy even for very basic af tracking. If the 6d af is at least a very precise on all points (i.e. closed loop, all cross with *all* lenses unlike 5d3) I'd be fine with it since I don't shoot sports. But in comparison to the Nikon d600 it's still a very weak spec.

ecka

• 5D Mark III
  • Size matters ;)
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #384 on: September 16, 2012, 05:00:53 PM »
11 point AF?  ??? Seems to be not much different from 9.

Well, the two more next to the center one in comparison to my 60d should come in handy even for very basic af tracking. If the 6d af is at least a very precise on all points (i.e. closed loop, all cross with *all* lenses unlike 5d3) I'd be fine with it since I don't shoot sports. But in comparison to the Nikon d600 it's still a very weak spec.

Yea, I just hope it's all wrong info and it will have 19 point AF system from 7D + CF card slot + vari-angle LCD (touchscreen should be nice for AF tracking in movie mode).  ::)
FF + primes !

Chuck Alaimo

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Chuck Alaimo Photography
« Reply #385 on: September 16, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »
Why should a Pro wedding photographer go for a low end FF? That's probably not the target market. Wedding photogs make a lot of moolah so they should not be skimping on the investment ;)

that depends on what stage in your career your at!  /(also, cost of living, do you have a family, kids, car payments --even if your making $60K a year shooting weddings once you take out taxes and all the other costs of doing business, that leaves a pretty thin salary margin/reinvestment capital --- everyone's personal math is different though, for a single person $60 is great...)

Also --- the way I see it, this camera could have been made and marketed to the pro wedding crowd ---some of us can't afford 2 mk3's.  Having a baby mk3 as a second body would not be a bad thing at all.  And that's the source of my disappointment - this is no baby mk3 (note, I wasn't deluding myself into thinking ohh they'd make basically an mk3 for 2k --- but I was at least expecting that more of the specs would line up - the biggest 2 being AF (should be at least a 7D level, but given what nikon has in the d600 - 11 points is a joke even if they are all cross type) and the ability to use CF cards.  If you ask me, the weather sealing is wasted on this body - should just be plastic then they can run it at $1500 and it would sell like hot cakes.

The one and only intriguing thing about this body is that it has a "new" FF sensor.    Could this sensor be a test of new tech that may be going into the big MP body?  Could this be a preview of a sensor for canon that solves the DR problem?  I want to believe that --- but, generally the new tech trickles down not up.  If the big MP beast from canon was getting announced at photokina, then I could believe in this camera a little more (remember how much tech is shared between the 5d3 and the 1dx -- the 1dx was announced well before the mk3 but the mk3 was available far before the 1dx).  But, the big mp canon only exists in the land of rumors.  the 1dx/mk3 sensor is quite amazing in low light - and that's really what I don't get ---why couldn't canon just repackage the mk3 sensor in a 60dish body and gimp the servo mode, remove the silent shutter?  That would be the baby mk3 I am looking for.  And --- that would stack up much better against the d600, because as it stands , unless this new sensor can perform some sort of magic, at the same price point the d600 the winner no questions asked.   

Owns 5Dmkiii, 6D, 16-35mm, 24mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85 mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8 macro, 1-600RT, 2 430 EX's, 1 video light

unfocused

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #386 on: September 16, 2012, 06:07:27 PM »
Why should a Pro wedding photographer go for a low end FF? That's probably not the target market. Wedding photogs make a lot of moolah so they should not be skimping on the investment ;)

Wow! I'd like to hear from some wedding photographers on this. Every time I do the math, I never see how a typical wedding photographer can make "a lot of moolah."
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

DzPhotography

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 16, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »
Imho, it's all up to what you need vs what you can afford...
EOS 550D | EOS 7D | EOS 6D | EOS 1Dx | EF-S 15-85 | EF 28f2.8 | EF 30f2.0 | EF 40f2.8 | EF 50f1.8II | EF 16-35f2.8L MkII | EF 24-105 f4L | EF 24-70f2.8L | EF 70-200f2.8L MkII | Sigma 10f2.8 Fisheye | Sigma 50f1.4 | Tamron 17-50f2.8VC | Tokina 11-16f2.8 | 430EXII | 580EXII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #387 on: September 16, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »

crucial_extreme

« Reply #388 on: September 16, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
The price in the UK will be £1799 for the body.

there will be 2 lens kits, one with 24-105mm

there are going to be 3 new compact cameras too.. (G15; S110; SX40)

bbasiaga

• EOS M2
  • Canon Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 16, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »
(i.e. closed loop, all cross with *all* lenses unlike 5d3)

I don't believe that is possible, since the lenses themselves are missing the second half of the closed loop.  The couple of newer lenses that the MKIII works in closed loop mode with have a sensor that provides the feedback signal. 

-Brian

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #389 on: September 16, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »