October 25, 2014, 07:59:22 AM

Author Topic: Canon 1dx Color  (Read 3259 times)

dotun

Canon 1dx Color
« on: September 14, 2012, 04:50:43 PM »
Hi everyone,

my name is Dotun and I'm new to the forum.

1dx owners, have you noticed the colors of your raw file look a little too cool and not consistent with color from other canon bodies? if you see the same what steps have you taken in Lightroom to bring its color to look closer to lets say the 5d mark 3 or 1ds. I currently own the 5d II, 5d III and 1dx.

canon rumors FORUM

Canon 1dx Color
« on: September 14, 2012, 04:50:43 PM »

aznable

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Canon 1dx Color
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 04:53:18 PM »
Hi everyone,

1dx owners, have you noticed the colors of your raw file look a little too cool and not consistent with color from other canon bodies? if you see the same what steps have you taken in Lightroom to bring its color to look closer to lets say the 5d mark 3 or 1ds. I currently own the 5d II, 5d III and 1dx.

couple you 1d with a sigma lens and you will counterbalance the bluiness of your new sensor
Canon 1D Mark III - Canon 50D - sigma 24-70 EX DG - sigma 70-200 EX DG HSM OS - Sigma 50 Art

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 05:14:26 PM »
I'm assuming you mean the Auto WB. "Too cool" is subjective.  It's cooler than the 5DII, IMO - but that could be viewed as the 5DII being "too warm". 

Based on shots of an X-rite ColorChecker Passport, the 1D X AWB is more accurate than the 5DII - that seems more like 'the 5DII is too warm' instead of 'the 1D X is too cool.'
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Jeffrey

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 05:31:12 PM »
I notice when shooting in the sunny/daylight setting using ""L" series lenses that there is a lot of blue in the images captured. The blueness is significantly reduced when shooting with the cloudy setting in bright sunlight conditions. I have not turned up the saturation setting or reduced the contrast setting on my camera. Otherwise, as neuroanatomist says, when using ColorChecker Passport the colors are darn accurate.

dotun

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 05:36:05 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm going to have to try that out. Thanks.
couple you 1d with a sigma lens and you will counterbalance the bluiness of your new sensor

dotun

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 05:43:37 PM »
Ok I have colorchecker in studio which I always use. But I shoot weddings a lot and I just want to import my raw files and not have to worry much about the blueish cool feel of the 1dx. The 5d mark III no problem. I almost have to add some orange under HSL for it to come close. I shoot auto WB in RAW but as you know shooting auto WB don't matter if processing with LR. It's just a totally new look I cant get with much especially for skintones. A little background - I have used every 5D made, I've also used 1d III, 1ds II and 1dsIII and I know for sure the color of the 1dx is way cooler.

aznable

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm going to have to try that out. Thanks.

i was kidding of course (i like the warmer tones of sigma lenses btw)
Canon 1D Mark III - Canon 50D - sigma 24-70 EX DG - sigma 70-200 EX DG HSM OS - Sigma 50 Art

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 06:49:08 PM »
Just tune the awb warmer in camera.
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 12:24:19 AM »
Ok I have colorchecker in studio which I always use. But I shoot weddings a lot and I just want to import my raw files and not have to worry much about the blueish cool feel of the 1dx. The 5d mark III no problem. I almost have to add some orange under HSL for it to come close. I shoot auto WB in RAW but as you know shooting auto WB don't matter if processing with LR. It's just a totally new look I cant get with much especially for skintones. A little background - I have used every 5D made, I've also used 1d III, 1ds II and 1dsIII and I know for sure the color of the 1dx is way cooler.
then adjust it in camera.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

dotun

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 12:33:03 PM »
Ok, so I've tried all that in camera tweak on the WB and it's still not the same. The color especially skintones of the 1dx is still off. I know this is subjective but I know the Canon colors and the 1dx just not there. I've tried Aperture, lightroom, DPP.

Alex

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 04:44:15 PM »
I have noticed a slight colour change between the RAW file and Large JPG of the same image in camera.. Not sure why it would do it..

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 04:44:15 PM »