July 24, 2014, 09:02:20 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Official Specs  (Read 63534 times)

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 6D Official Specs
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2012, 12:05:13 AM »
Okay, Somebody sell this to me. Why do I need AMFA?

Because the combination of random camera from the factory and random lens from the factory can result in pictures being unfocused even when the autofocus thinks it is correct.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2012, 12:05:13 AM »

Noink Fanb0i

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2012, 12:07:20 AM »
If you have to ask, you don't need it. Don't worry about it. Worry about the other cripple-ware.
T3 is the bobn2 of Canon fanb0is.

ishdakuteb

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2012, 12:07:30 AM »
i guess it is definitely an upgrade from 5d mark II.  i would buy this for $2099 over 5d mark II (B&H current lists it for $1,899)... wonder when canon is going to retire 5d mark II?  i think that they probably cannot sell 5d mark II anymore due to this new coming 6d.

DianeK

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2012, 12:08:24 AM »
AFMA?
Hmmm, no mention of AFMA in the specs...yet another (canon)ball dropped  ???

I highly doubt they will add AFMA because it seems they are clearing marketing it towards the consumer crowd. 

To them the touchy screen is more important that this A. F. M. A. thingy.  Who needs AFMA when you could have a touchy screen?
Sadly, I think this is exactly the thinking involved, both on Canon's part and the market they are aiming this at.  I've been down the 60D route without AFMA and found that so frustrating I ended up picking up a used 7D.  Buying used lenses that are not local sales where you can try them out are just not wise without AFMA.  Oh well, I may as well stop ranting...I'm not buying a 6D, so it's time for me to "let go"  :P

LetTheRightLensIn

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2012, 12:09:10 AM »

So you get your pics in focus without having to send all of your equipment back (maybe more than once) for calibration (and again, paying for it, if it drifts over time). And you can adjust on spot as needed. Also it takes a while to send stuff to them and back (and stuff can get banged around during shipping), if they are busy and you get something new before a big trip or event, you me be SOL.

RC

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2012, 12:09:25 AM »

Because the combination of random camera from the factory and random lens from the factory can result in pictures being unfocused even when the autofocus thinks it is correct.
... and it is even more critical on a FF than a crop

jrista

• POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2012, 12:09:35 AM »
I'm not really sure I understand Canon's tactics here. Unless the sensor really kicks ass and has stunning low ISO DR...Canon is really failing against the onslaught of Sony and Nikon. It would be interesting if Canon's reductions in megapixels actually meant they were solidly better pixels. If the 5D III is any indication, Canon is only making very marginal gains by reducing megapixel count. On the flip side, Nikon is packing 24mp of STEALLAR pixels in a full-frame camera and pairing it with a reticular AF system.

Canon certainly answered the call of their customers to produce sensors with fewer megapixels...but thats only half of what we were asking for. We wanted those fewer pixels to be BETTER. Its rather confusing to see Canon's prime competition increasing pixels while concurrently improving their quality...on top of including better AF systems. Is Canon simply incapable of competing any more? I really want a full-frame camera, but I am so loath to spend the money on one when the grass is clearly greener on the other side of the fence(technologically speaking...I'll never leave Canon's support or glass.)

So much for anticipation...another (technologically) mediocre camera from Canon that, for some odd reason, will still probably sell like hotcakes. I would so much like to be REALLY EXCITED about a Canon camera...anytime Canon...any time, I'm here...waiting for some EXCITEMENT!
My Photography
Current Gear: Canon 7D | Canon EF 600mm f/4 L IS II | EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS | EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro | 50mm f/1.4
New Gear List: Canon 5D III/7D II | Canon EF 300mm f/2.8 L II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2012, 12:09:35 AM »

mitch.o

« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2012, 12:11:34 AM »

Are you actually asking or you're posing a hypothetical scenario of how a salesperson would position it to a customer?

No i'm actually asking. I have a t2i and a canon 50mm 1.4. I plan on soon including a 17-40 f4 and a 70-200 f4. Is AMFA something that will "break the deal"? (as they say)

Sony

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2012, 12:12:04 AM »
As far as I remember, people complained 5D MKiii a lot when it was just released, then it becomes a hit.
Now people are complaining the 6D.
Anyone give 5D MKiii a wow? I do because I have one. LOL

Etienne

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Photography by Steve Brule
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2012, 12:12:11 AM »
Not too interesting to me.
I thought it might have an articulated LCD. That would have made my life easier.
I'll stick with my 5DII, but I might pick up a Panasonic GH3 when it comes out, and a couple of their teeny tiny lenses: great video, highly portable, and small and light. I wish Canon had something to compete with it, but not yet.

LetTheRightLensIn

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2012, 12:12:11 AM »
AFMA?
Hmmm, no mention of AFMA in the specs...yet another (canon)ball dropped  ???

I highly doubt they will add AFMA because it seems they are clearing marketing it towards the consumer crowd. 

To them the touchy screen is more important that this A. F. M. A. thingy.  Who needs AFMA when you could have a touchy screen?

I can't see them taking out AFMA, the D600 has that, and leaving it out would really cripple the AF (unless you are really lucky and/or want to waste time sending stuff to Canon all the time for calibration).

Imagination_landB

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2012, 12:12:24 AM »
Ok let's read the name all togheter. 6...D... GREAT!. So logically spec'd under 5d's right? also they call it an ENTRY LEVEL full-frame. so what were you expecting? Yess over priced a bit, 1800 should be the price. It will for sure be better than the 5dmarkII since its a 5years old camera and the new sensors and digic5+ are better..but don't expect it to be as good as the markIII and I doubt very much that the IQ will be better, maybe near as good but never better , and for ISO eprformance wait until it comes out but 1/2 to a full stop worse maybe or as good but I don't think so. :)
6D, Gripped 60D. 120-300 2.8 OS, 50 1.8, 8-16, 24-70 VC.

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2012, 12:16:26 AM »
I'm not really sure I understand Canon's tactics here. Unless the sensor really kicks ass and has stunning low ISO DR...Canon is really failing against the onslaught of Sony and Nikon. It would be interesting if Canon's reductions in megapixels actually meant they were solidly better pixels. If the 5D III is any indication, Canon is only making very marginal gains by reducing megapixel count. On the flip side, Nikon is packing 24mp of STEALLAR pixels in a full-frame camera and pairing it with a reticular AF system.

Canon certainly answered the call of their customers to produce sensors with fewer megapixels...but thats only half of what we were asking for. We wanted those fewer pixels to be BETTER. Its rather confusing to see Canon's prime competition increasing pixels while concurrently improving their quality...on top of including better AF systems. Is Canon simply incapable of competing any more? I really want a full-frame camera, but I am so loath to spend the money on one when the grass is clearly greener on the other side of the fence(technologically speaking...I'll never leave Canon's support or glass.)

So much for anticipation...another (technologically) mediocre camera from Canon that, for some odd reason, will still probably sell like hotcakes. I would so much like to be REALLY EXCITED about a Canon camera...anytime Canon...any time, I'm here...waiting for some EXCITEMENT!

Ahhh jrista my favorite voice of reason on camera tech...   you nailed but I disagree it will sell well... because I can't nail down any large market segment that this fits.  It's a FF Rebel but the price gap is too much to get a Rebel user to go up.   And it's too limited/hobbled for enthusiasts/pros.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2012, 12:16:26 AM »

shannon76

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2012, 12:16:46 AM »
So the 6D will have the Digic 5+ processor which is 17x faster than the Digic 4.  Interesting.. Why is the Canon 5DII with 21MP at 3.9 FPS but the 6D with 20MP is only .6 FPS faster?  It appears Canon is holding the 6D back.  Come on Canon, is 5-6 FPS to much to ask for in a $2000 camera?

wahoophoto

« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2012, 12:17:25 AM »
I have to say that I'm very underwhelmed.  I'm an enthusiast and I've thinking about upgrading to a full frame for a while from the 7D.  5D Mark III is too expensive for a non-pro, and 6D specs aren't exciting at all for the price tag.  I was really hoping for the 5D Mark iii sensor with less features, even though based on Canon's history it seemed unlikely they would do that.  97% viewfinder?  C'mon Canon.  Wireless/GPS is surprising coming from Canon, but considering everyone's phone has had those for years, it is severely overdue. 

I'll definitely wait to see how the reviews stack up between the Nikon D600 and 6D, but based on the specs I'm going to have to give serious consideration to a switch to Nikon.  I have all EF-S glass anyway, so I'll have to sell my lenses either way.  Other draw of the Nikon lineup is the 14-24. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2012, 12:17:25 AM »