December 18, 2014, 03:53:50 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Official Specs  (Read 70726 times)

Imagination_landB

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 6D Official Specs
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2012, 12:18:37 AM »
So the 6D will have the Digic 5+ processor which is 17x faster than the Digic 4.  Interesting.. Why is the Canon 5DII with 21MP at 3.9 FPS but the 6D with 20MP is only .6 FPS faster?  It appears Canon is holding the 6D back.  Come on Canon, is 5-6 FPS to much to ask for in a $2000 camera?
Exactly what I was thinkg too.
6D, Gripped 60D. 120-300 2.8 OS, 50 1.8, 8-16, 24-70 VC.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2012, 12:18:37 AM »

spinworkxroy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2012, 12:19:07 AM »
Ah damm..
I was sooo looking forward to this camera as a 2nd body…
2 things kinda is a bummer to me.
1) 11AF point…only 11?
2) 97% viewfinder….100% should be a requirement for a FF!

Advantage…D600

mirekti

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2012, 12:22:34 AM »

it's more than around midnight EST ::) .
..wanna go to bed
M240 | 35mm FLE | 75mm Cron | 135mm APO

mitch.o

« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2012, 12:23:46 AM »

it's more than around midnight EST ::) .
..wanna go to bed

I'm gonna give it another 2 hours. I'm on Mountain Standard Time

shannon76

« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2012, 12:24:04 AM »
Ok let's read the name all togheter. 6...D... GREAT!. So logically spec'd under 5d's right? also they call it an ENTRY LEVEL full-frame. so what were you expecting? Yess over priced a bit, 1800 should be the price. It will for sure be better than the 5dmarkII since its a 5years old camera and the new sensors and digic5+ are better..but don't expect it to be as good as the markIII and I doubt very much that the IQ will be better, maybe near as good but never better , and for ISO eprformance wait until it comes out but 1/2 to a full stop worse maybe or as good but I don't think so. :)
Following that logic, one would hope that the 6..D.. would be at least as good as the 7..D.. right?   ;)  Especially for $2000.  Looks like that won't be the case though in many ways.

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2012, 12:25:29 AM »
Ok let's read the name all togheter. 6...D... GREAT!. So logically spec'd under 5d's right? also they call it an ENTRY LEVEL full-frame. so what were you expecting? Yess over priced a bit, 1800 should be the price. It will for sure be better than the 5dmarkII since its a 5years old camera and the new sensors and digic5+ are better..but don't expect it to be as good as the markIII and I doubt very much that the IQ will be better, maybe near as good but never better , and for ISO eprformance wait until it comes out but 1/2 to a full stop worse maybe or as good but I don't think so. :)
Following that logic, one would hope that the 6..D.. would be at least as good as the 7..D.. right?   ;)  Especially for $2000.  Looks like that won't be the case though in many ways.

There's not many ways this is better than the 7D, except for the size of the sensor.

heck, it's barely any better than a 5D2, and yet it's priced above where the 5D2 was lately...
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

DarkKnightNine

• EOS M2
  • The best camera is the one that's with you.
    • View Profile
    • Marven Payne Creative Visuals
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2012, 12:26:53 AM »
I hate the way Canon tries to strategically plan how much NOT to give it's customers in order to milk us for money and get us suckling on their tit (basically locked into their system optically). By contrast, Nikon tries to give its customers as much as possible for as little money as possible. Then to add insult to injury, Canon overcharges us outrageously for any significant improvement (5D Mark III, 1DX, 24-70 Mk II). Yes all of these are better than the gear they replace, there's no argument there, but are they so far advanced to warrant the prices that Canon has charged us for them? I think not.

I'm sure the 6D will sell well but at the prices that we've paid for the 5D Mark III and 1DX shouldn't they have also included built-in Wifi and GPS? With this camera, Canon has proven that it had the technology to fit it within either form factor and this camera is just an insult to me as an owner of both bodies.
Canon 1DX, Canon 5D Mark III, EF 85mm F1.2L II USM, EF 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM, EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM, 600EX-RT Speedlites, Profoto Studio Strobes, and a whole lot of boat load of light modifiers.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2012, 12:26:53 AM »

Imagination_landB

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2012, 12:27:59 AM »
As I said, entry level** fullf frame, and 7d is one of the very best aps-c camera on the market. two different categories too, FF vs APS-C. 5dmark II is surpassed by some of the specs of the  7d(i know its older)
6D, Gripped 60D. 120-300 2.8 OS, 50 1.8, 8-16, 24-70 VC.

floex712

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2012, 12:28:53 AM »
how about the AF system? same as slow as 5D 2?

Articulated LCD   : Fixed
Touch screen   : Yes

SUCKS!!!!!!!!
who gives a damn about touch screen?

another waste of time waiting on a FF with an articulated screen... perhaps canon will build one after 10 years...
arrrrgh!!!!!!!

Articulated screens are not built into bigger DSLRs because of weather sealing, meaning it comprimises it. I am surprised no one has ever brought that up.

Noink Fanb0i

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2012, 12:29:11 AM »

6D has built-in flash or this is a very good chop???  :o
T3 is the bobn2 of Canon fanb0is.

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2012, 12:30:17 AM »

There's not many ways this is better than the 7D, except for the size of the sensor.

heck, it's barely any better than a 5D2, and yet it's priced above where the 5D2 was lately...

In fact it's worse than a 7D in every way but the sensor.   And not fully better than a 5D2 but we are waiting on full announcement to know if it as AFMA.

friedmud

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2012, 12:30:35 AM »
I'll definitely wait to see how the reviews stack up between the Nikon D600 and 6D, but based on the specs I'm going to have to give serious consideration to a switch to Nikon.  I have all EF-S glass anyway, so I'll have to sell my lenses either way.  Other draw of the Nikon lineup is the 14-24.

I hate to be "one of those guys"... but I myself am in this same camp.

Just earlier today I was telling my wife that if the 6D is not great for Landscapes (read great at ISO 100) I'm selling all of my Canon gear and getting a D600 with a 14-24.  So tired of waiting for Canon to get with the low ISO / wide angle program.

I have a mix of EF-S and EF lenses... but my main workhorse (17-55 f/2.8 IS) is EF-S... but is currently broken.  I just can't bring myself to fix it because I want to go full-frame... but I tried buying a 16-35 f/2.8 and found it way too soft in the outer parts of the frame for how much money it costs.  So I'm in limbo.... and the D600 looks like it might be the way to go.

BUT - I'm not jumping just yet.  Going to see just how the 6D looks when it actually gets reviewed.  We'll have to wait and see...

EvillEmperor

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2012, 12:30:53 AM »
i just hoping that when 6D come out, the price of 5D mark 3 will getting cheaper and i will get the mark 3 instead. thank you canon
Yea really. I don't get all the 7D and 5D MK II owners who want this badly. That'd be like an upgrade from the 50D to 60D. I actually think going from 7D to MK II isn't an upgrade either. Better low light and more MP really. I own the T2i,a nd am saving for a MK III.
Canon 5D MK III, Canon T2i, Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS, Canon 24-105, Canon 100 macro, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 430EX II, Canon 28-135mm (sold)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2012, 12:30:53 AM »

Nathaniel Weir

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
    • Nathaniel Weir Photography
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2012, 12:33:46 AM »
I can't believe I'm saying this, but the D600 blows the 6D out of the water in terms of specs... And that makes me sad  :'( GPS is not really important... it just adds weight, kills battery, adds to price, and should be an optional feature to the camera. Think Canon EOS 6D-GPS for $2099 and Canon EOS 6D for $1899.  The 11 AF point system is utterly pathetic, the 97% VF coverage isn't really any better than my old rebel, the 4.5FPS is lame considering the REBEL T4i is .5 FPS faster and $780 and the 6D is less FPS than the 5D mark III (considering they have the same Digic 5+processor and the 6D has less megapixels but maybe a weaker shutter mechanism idk), and no built-in flash (I don't necessarily want one but its one less feature that could come in handy in a pinch). I was seriously considering selling my 7D for this camera so that I could use my 5D Mark III as my main cam and the 6D as my backup, but... well... I guess I'll stick with my 7D backup for now. It seems that Canon was out of touch with consumers when making this product. And I am sad  :( I was really looking forward to this camera.  Oh and by the way SD card slots... based on the 5D Mark III, which isn't compatible with UHS-1 cards, I doubt that the 6D will support UHS-1 cards which means that you can expect ridiculously slow playback write speeds :D   It better have class leading image quality!
Canon EOS 5D Mark III w/ grip, Canon EOS 7D with grip, Canon 17-40mm, Canon 24-105mm, Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 L IS USM II, Canon 100mm Macro L IS, Canon 40mm Pancake, Canon 85mm F/1.8, 2x 600 EX-RT Flashes and St-E3-RT. Gitzo 2452L and Manfrotto 410 head.

Sony

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2012, 12:36:17 AM »
Yea really. I don't get all the 7D and 5D MK II owners who want this badly. That'd be like an upgrade from the 50D to 60D. I actually think going from 7D to MK II isn't an upgrade either. Better low light and more MP really. I own the T2i,a nd am saving for a MK III.
[/quote]
Yes, you are doing the right thing: put 5D MKiii in your dream. It was in my dream and now the dream comes true. It's very very worth it, 5D MKiii.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2012, 12:36:17 AM »